Happy Memorial Day

Old May 30th 10, 12:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

Default Happy Memorial Day

On 05/30/10 15:55, A mighty Hungarian warrior wrote:

I will be at the VFW after golfing tomorrow. I shall lift a flagon of
mead to all the brave men who helped to keep us free.

Their names will live forever.

I took part in a Tea Party demonstration a few weeks back. A WW2 vet showed up
in uniform and was surrounded by people -- including myself -- saying thank you.

My uncle Bob fought in the Pacific.

Thanks to all of you.

--
Cheers, Bev
Old May 30th 10, 10:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

I will be at the VFW after golfing tomorrow. I shall lift a flagon of
mead to all the brave men who helped to keep us free.

Their names will live forever.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012.

A mighty Hungarian warrior
The blood of Attila runs through me
Old May 31st 10, 02:56 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On May 30, 3:55*pm, A mighty Hungarian
wrote:
I will be at the VFW after golfing tomorrow. *I shall lift a flagon of
mead to all the brave men who helped to keep us free.

Their names will live forever.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012.

* * * * * * *

* * * * * *A mighty Hungarian warrior
* * * *The blood of Attila runs through me

A little Memorial Day story:

My daughter and her friend recently conducted an interview with me as
a Vietname-era veteran as part of an American History assignment.
When I mentioned that I was aboard USS Enterprise during Operation
Frequent Wind (evacuation of Saigon April/May 1975) we did a little
googling and I discovered that I should have been awarded an Armed
Forces Expeditionary Medal and perhaps some others. I was transferred
from the squadron and then left the Navy in the months before the
award paperwork came around.

Today, I discovered that participants in that event may exchange their
AFEM award for the Vietnam Service Medal (military regulations
prohibit exhibiting both medals for the same event) in accordance with
a provision of the 2003 Defense Budget Act, sec. 542 of Public Law
107-314.

So I guess I'm a real Vietnam Veteran now.

Old May 31st 10, 03:08 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

The Real Bev wrote:

I took part in a Tea Party demonstration a few weeks back.

Did you get to meet the Mad Hatter? I hear he's a real riot once he
gets a few drinks in him.

//Walt
Old May 31st 10, 04:21 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Sun, 30 May 2010 19:56:47 -0700 (PDT), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

A little Memorial Day story:

My daughter and her friend recently conducted an interview with me as
a Vietname-era veteran as part of an American History assignment.
When I mentioned that I was aboard USS Enterprise

Did you serve under Kirk or Pickard?

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

Old May 31st 10, 06:56 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article
,
Richard Henry wrote:

So I guess I'm a real Vietnam Veteran now.

I'd say you've been one for some time.

Thank you.

Dave
Old May 31st 10, 07:54 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On May 30, 11:56*pm, Dave Cartman wrote:
In article
,
*Richard Henry wrote:

So I guess I'm a real Vietnam Veteran now.

I'd say you've been one for some time.

Thank you.

Dave

In memory of my high school friend, Peanut Girouard, captain of my
bowling team:

http://www.vvmf.org/thewall/Wall_Id_No=18697

http://www.golittleton.com/history/memorial_bridge.php

Old June 2nd 10, 01:37 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On May 30, 5:04*am, The Real Bev wrote:

I took part in a Tea Party demonstration a few weeks back.

Why am I not surprised? **** Ashley is a teabagger. Confirms
everything Keith Olbermann says about the movement.
No wonder she likes Palin. Just like RSA, pathological liars find
kindred souls.