Verbier, traffic problems

Old November 29th 03, 03:54 PM
Ian Spare

Default Verbier, traffic problems

For anyone going to Vebier in the next day or so one of the tunnels
between Martigny and Verbier seems to have collapsed. This morning
traffic was diverted by some single track roads which was a bit
painful. By the evening the police were directing traffic via the
remaining bit of the tunnel.

If there's a lot of traffic, like tommorrow morning I guess, they'll
be some delays. And medium term I'd expect they're going to need
demolish the rest of the tunnel.

Ian

PS, snow's great, thin in places but good.
--
Yeah, because you never know when the value of 2^15 will change and
you have to go through all your code fixing it.
Old November 29th 03, 10:21 PM
Johannes

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 17:54:19 +0100, Ian Spare
wrote:

For anyone going to Vebier in the next day or so one of the tunnels
between Martigny and Verbier seems to have collapsed. This morning
traffic was diverted by some single track roads which was a bit
painful. By the evening the police were directing traffic via the
remaining bit of the tunnel.

If there's a lot of traffic, like tommorrow morning I guess, they'll
be some delays. And medium term I'd expect they're going to need
demolish the rest of the tunnel.

Watch this:
http://real.sri.ch/ramgen/sfdrs/ts/2...&end=0:03:40.5
better quality
http://real.xobix.ch/ramgen/sfdrs/ts...&end=0:03:40.5

with Real Player

Johannes
Old November 30th 03, 02:19 PM
Ian Spare

wrote:

For anyone going to Vebier in the next day or so one of the tunnels
between Martigny and Verbier seems to have collapsed. This morning
traffic was diverted by some single track roads which was a bit
painful. By the evening the police were directing traffic via the
remaining bit of the tunnel.

If there's a lot of traffic, like tommorrow morning I guess, they'll
be some delays. And medium term I'd expect they're going to need
demolish the rest of the tunnel.

Watch this:
http://real.sri.ch/ramgen/sfdrs/ts/2...&end=0:03:40.5
better quality
http://real.xobix.ch/ramgen/sfdrs/ts...&end=0:03:40.5

with Real Player

Hard work with my German and their accent :-) That's about what I'd
guessed, in the morning they must have assumed it was unsafe and
diverted traffic but by the evening the Verbier to Martigny direction
was open and there was police directing the traffic.