BD Havoc vs Pocket Rocket vs Atomic Teledaddy

Old February 2nd 05, 03:47 PM
Stein Tore Solem

Default BD Havoc vs Pocket Rocket vs Atomic Teledaddy

Hello

I am looking for a pair of new, relatively "fat", skies, and is interested
in opinions on BD Havoc vs Pocket Rocket vs Atomic Teledaddy. I am a bit
worried about the "softness" of Pocket Rocket and is particularly interested
in information on this matter compared to the Havoc.

I ski Telemark, 90% backcountry 10% lift served, so the weight of the ski is
also important.

Stein Tore

Old February 3rd 05, 06:55 AM
Martin Thornquist

[ Stein Tore Solem ]

I am looking for a pair of new, relatively "fat", skies, and is interested
in opinions on BD Havoc vs Pocket Rocket vs Atomic Teledaddy. I am a bit
worried about the "softness" of Pocket Rocket and is particularly interested
in information on this matter compared to the Havoc.

I've tried Pocket Rocket (a friend has 1st generation) and normally
ski Teneighty. The Pocket Rocket is great fun when it's deep and soft,
but not so much fun on hardpack. Definitely not the right ski for
carving the groomed slopes :-). I wouldn't have it as my only ski
(Teneighty seems a better compromise for my skiing -- I hunt for
powder, but don't always find so much), but then maybe you up North
have more powder than us søringer.

If I were to get another pair of skis to complement the Teneightys I
might go for something even more extreme than Pocket Rocket, though.

Martin in Oslo
--
"An ideal world is left as an exercise to the reader."
-Paul Graham, On Lisp
Old February 3rd 05, 01:21 PM
Uli Hausmann

Stein Tore Solem schrieb:

Hello

I am looking for a pair of new, relatively "fat", skies, and is interested
in opinions on BD Havoc vs Pocket Rocket vs Atomic Teledaddy. I am a bit
worried about the "softness" of Pocket Rocket and is particularly interested
in information on this matter compared to the Havoc.

I ski Telemark, 90% backcountry 10% lift served, so the weight of the ski is
also important.

A *VERY* nice and, given the format, very light ski is this:

http://www.movementskis.com/

the model thunder. It's nice for telemarking as well. Excellent the
specific FreeHeel model (i tried both).

Greetings,

Ulrich
Old February 3rd 05, 02:12 PM
Peter Clinch

Uli Hausmann wrote:

A *VERY* nice and, given the format, very light ski is this:

http://www.movementskis.com/

And a site that requires me to waste time with some stoopid plugin.
Don't these people /like/ business coming their way? :-(

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Old February 3rd 05, 02:53 PM
Gary S.

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 15:12:24 +0000, Peter Clinch
wrote:

A *VERY* nice and, given the format, very light ski is this:

http://www.movementskis.com/

And a site that requires me to waste time with some stoopid plugin.
Don't these people /like/ business coming their way? :-(

They would rather impress everyone with the kewl website.

It gets hard to explore when every venture back to the homepage starts
up the Flash movie thingie.

I am on a good DSL connection, and this all takes a while to download.
One can only guess at what people on dial-up suffer through before
they give up on sites like this.

Comparing specs from each manufacturer's gets tricky, becasue they may
not all use the same format, or even include the same information, or
measure in the same way.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
Old February 3rd 05, 07:29 PM
Uli Hausmann

Peter Clinch schrieb:

Uli Hausmann wrote:

A *VERY* nice and, given the format, very light ski is this:

http://www.movementskis.com/

And a site that requires me to waste time with some stoopid plugin.
Don't these people /like/ business coming their way? :-(

Excuse me Pete, i'm going there with a Mac and i do not have any problem
(i sometimes encounter when i'm going to M$-specific sites)? Even with a
simple 64k Isdn connection it's ok ...

Greetings,

Ulrich
Old February 3rd 05, 07:46 PM
H.W. Stockman

"Uli Hausmann" wrote in message
Peter Clinch schrieb:

Uli Hausmann wrote:

A *VERY* nice and, given the format, very light ski is this:

http://www.movementskis.com/

And a site that requires me to waste time with some stoopid plugin.
Don't these people /like/ business coming their way? :-(

Excuse me Pete, i'm going there with a Mac and i do not have any problem
(i sometimes encounter when i'm going to M$-specific sites)? Even with a
simple 64k Isdn connection it's ok ...

The site probably senses that you have a Mac, and automatically lowers the
bar. Ha ha, just kidding. The plugin starts right up for me, but even if
it delays the page by a second, it is an annoyance, since it has absolutely
no content. I dislike sites that automatically begin to blast music,
especially when I surf in the middle of the night.

Old February 3rd 05, 07:59 PM
Uli Hausmann

H.W. Stockman schrieb:

The site probably senses that you have a Mac, and automatically lowers the
bar. Ha ha, just kidding. The plugin starts right up for me, but even if
it delays the page by a second, it is an annoyance, since it has absolutely
no content. I dislike sites that automatically begin to blast music,
especially when I surf in the middle of the night.

Yep, i agree. Personally, i prefer simple sites (especially since i'm a
hard to die Apple II lover :-)). Anyway, i find worse sites, that, did
(and do) not allow me to get through at all. Up to only one or two month
Scarpa.net for example was such ...

Regards,

Uli
Old February 4th 05, 07:58 AM
Peter Clinch

Uli Hausmann wrote:

Excuse me Pete, i'm going there with a Mac and i do not have any problem
(i sometimes encounter when i'm going to M$-specific sites)? Even with a
simple 64k Isdn connection it's ok ...

I cannot be bothered to install most browser plugins on this
Solaris/SPARC Sun, even assuming they're available, because the net
result is almost always not worth it. When I've checked them via a PC I
can think of zero occasions when a commercial website using Flash has
provided me anything that a straight HTML 2 site couldn't have done just
as well but quicker and less annoyingly, so I'm just not playing any
more except to send them a complaint email. It's like insisting readers
of your print brochure wear 3d glasses. Bah humbug.

Pete.