Arc2000 lessons?

Old October 7th 07, 04:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
John Ricketts

Default Arc2000 lessons?

This years party of 11 stays ski-to-door in Arc2000 to avoid this years
logistical nightmare. We were down in BSM, with half the party in Les Coche
(long story) and booked lessons at Arc1600 for the 4 beginners. That took 5
weeks of exchanging emails in my pidgeon french before they confirmed our
booking, at the rate of 1 email per week.

This year, I'll be needing lessons for lower intermediates and also for
beginner snowboarders. What are the options in Arc2000, how early will they
take bookings, and is there a good, friendly website for any of them??

Thanks guys, (& gals)

John

Old October 9th 07, 01:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
JR

Hmmm... no answers? Guess that means there are no alternatives to ESF then.
At least the
http://www.esf-arc-2000.com/index.php?lang=uk site is bilingual now!

.uk...

Old October 9th 07, 02:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Paul Schofield

"JR" wrote in message
Hmmm... no answers? Guess that means there are no alternatives to ESF

then.
At least the
http://www.esf-arc-2000.com/index.php?lang=uk site is bilingual now!

A quick look at the resort website ( www.lesarcs.com ) shows that ESF are
the only ski school operating at 2000

--

Paul Schofield

Old October 9th 07, 03:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ian Blake[_2_]

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 15:51:58 +0100, "Paul Schofield"
paul_AT_sonifex_DOT_co_DOT_uk wrote:

"JR" wrote in message
Hmmm... no answers? Guess that means there are no alternatives to ESF

then.
At least the
http://www.esf-arc-2000.com/index.php?lang=uk site is bilingual now!

A quick look at the resort website ( www.lesarcs.com ) shows that ESF are
the only ski school operating at 2000

True but 1950 is a short passenger lift away and they have an
alternative school Spirit 1950.
Old October 10th 07, 11:21 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
JR

"Ian Blake" NoNotMe@NotAnywhere wrote in message
On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 15:51:58 +0100, "Paul Schofield"
paul_AT_sonifex_DOT_co_DOT_uk wrote:

"JR" wrote in message
.. .
Hmmm... no answers? Guess that means there are no alternatives to ESF

then.
At least the
http://www.esf-arc-2000.com/index.php?lang=uk site is bilingual now!

A quick look at the resort website ( www.lesarcs.com ) shows that ESF are
the only ski school operating at 2000

True but 1950 is a short passenger lift away and they have an
alternative school Spirit 1950.

Thanks Ian, will investigate further.........

Old October 11th 07, 08:03 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
JR

Have checked out the Spirit 1950 website....it certainly looks very
professional. Anyone know the logistics of getting to Spirit 1950 from
Chalet Altitude at 2000? Is it just a walk, if so, how far?

tia,
John

Old October 11th 07, 02:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Joe Roach

"JR" wrote in message
Have checked out the Spirit 1950 website....it certainly looks very
professional. Anyone know the logistics of getting to Spirit 1950 from
Chalet Altitude at 2000? Is it just a walk, if so, how far?

tia,
John

We've used Spirit 1950, albeit for private lessons, and they were fine. You
can ski down from 2000 to 1950 or if you prefer there is a gondola-type lift
that runs between the two.