Lets hijack the Snowdome!

Old August 11th 03, 12:42 PM
Switters

Default Lets hijack the Snowdome!

On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 10:37:49 GMT, "Simon Brown"
allegedly wrote:

None of the locals think this weather is good. We expect absolutely
terrible results in October / November - tremendous storms, avalanches
etc. I should be safe where I am, but many in Falera are very worried.

Get away Simon, this is your ploy to keep people away from Laax after some
high profile positive write-ups in the British press.

I'm coming back there, sorry matey. :-)

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

Old August 11th 03, 12:49 PM
Simon Brown

"Switters" wrote in message

Get away Simon, this is your ploy to keep people away from Laax after some
high profile positive write-ups in the British press.

I'm coming back there, sorry matey. :-)

We eat!

Old August 11th 03, 12:50 PM
Ian Spare

allegedly wrote:

None of the locals think this weather is good. We expect absolutely
terrible results in October / November - tremendous storms, avalanches
etc. I should be safe where I am, but many in Falera are very worried.

Get away Simon, this is your ploy to keep people away from Laax after some
high profile positive write-ups in the British press.

I think Simon forgot to say that at least a B permit is now required
to ski in Switzerland.

Old August 11th 03, 01:46 PM
Ace

allegedly wrote:

None of the locals think this weather is good. We expect absolutely
terrible results in October / November - tremendous storms, avalanches
etc. I should be safe where I am, but many in Falera are very worried.

Get away Simon, this is your ploy to keep people away from Laax after some
high profile positive write-ups in the British press.

I think Simon forgot to say that at least a B permit is now required
to ski in Switzerland.

Heh. Suits me, Sir :-)

--
Ace in Alsace - bruce dot rogers at roche dot com
Ski Club of Great Britain http://www.skiclub.co.uk
Old August 11th 03, 04:58 PM
PG

"Ace" wrote in message
On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 11:41:00 +0200, "PG"
wrote:

It'll all change next week though, because our swimming pool should
finally[1] be finished this week :-)

[1] It's only been under construction since last October... Grrr.
--

Lucky you don't live in Provence then, you'd have to pay double here

get an express job like that done ;°)

Heh.

Now I think of it, maybe my plumber and a few others headed your way
last autumn, it's been at least that long since he promised me he'd fix
a couple of leaks, the local construction firm was going to send a
digger to fill in the holes in the road, and the tilers were going to
repair the botched job they'd done to my pool a couple of years back..
Have your lot got southern accents ?..... If one of them seems to live
permanently in an O.M. tee-shirt several sizes too small, has a girth
that makes it difficult to reach any object unless he approaches it
sideways, and always has a bottle of Gigondas within easy reach, then
please tell him my taps are still leaking...

Pete

Old August 11th 03, 05:02 PM
PG

"Simon Brown" wrote in message
Sorry, I'm *sweating* like a little pig :-(

They'll be asking us to recycle our sweat soon. The latest in France is
that we're all going to have to start using less electricity, cos
they're running out of water to cool the nuclear reactors!

Pete

Old August 11th 03, 06:17 PM
Sue

In message , Ian Spare
writes

It might be hot _for_ the UK, but it's only been a few days of
unseasonably warm weather and then mostly concentrated in the south
east. What it definetly is not is hotter or "worse" than mainland
Europe.

Like I said, it's been like this since May here and I've been over in
the UK on business a couple of times, and's way, way cooler just like
you'd expect.

Here, now, it's ten past seven in the evening and it's 31 degrees,
windless and humid. It's no odds to me what it's like in Scotland or
New Zealand, or anywhere else that's not sharing your sticky foetid
airmass.

If our weather does improve, I'll make sure to post and brag about it -
can't say fairer than that, can I?
--
Sue ]|( ,,,,,,,,,,,

I'm getting back in the bath now - I can't hack this at all!
Old August 11th 03, 06:42 PM
Sue

In message , Simon Brown
writes
I agree about the state of the glacier, but if you want to cool down take a
bath in the river which is just molten glacier - 5C - some people actually
do it!

Oooooh - like a Scottish freshwater loch in May. So cold your bones
ache - delicious!
--
Sue ]8(:|)
Old August 11th 03, 07:44 PM
David Off

PG wrote:

Now I think of it, maybe my plumber and a few others headed your way
last autumn, it's been at least that long since he promised me he'd fix
a couple of leaks, the local construction firm was going to send a
digger to fill in the holes in the road, and the tilers were going to
repair the botched job they'd done to my pool a couple of years back..

Hah, Pete, there is a shortage of artisans in a lot of France, my
parents (who live in Poitiers) havn't seen either their plumber or
builder for months.

Obviously the Alsace is the place to be.

Old August 12th 03, 07:33 AM
Ian Spare

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 19:17:28 +0100, Sue
wrote:

In message , Ian Spare
writes

It might be hot _for_ the UK, but it's only been a few days of
unseasonably warm weather and then mostly concentrated in the south
east. What it definetly is not is hotter or "worse" than mainland
Europe.

Like I said, it's been like this since May here and I've been over in
the UK on business a couple of times, and's way, way cooler just like
you'd expect.

Here, now, it's ten past seven in the evening and it's 31 degrees,
windless and humid. It's no odds to me what it's like in Scotland or
New Zealand, or anywhere else that's not sharing your sticky foetid
airmass.

If our weather does improve, I'll make sure to post and brag about it -
can't say fairer than that, can I?

I think you must have heat exhaustion, wasn't it you who started this
thread and later told us how it was "worse" in the UK ?