Lets hijack the Snowdome!

Old August 9th 03, 08:56 AM
Sue

Default Lets hijack the Snowdome!

A gigantic walk-in fridge with even something to play with?

Lets get some guns from r.s.a, take each other hostage and hold the
police off by pretending to negotiate! Until the weather improves.
Now, how do we get there without going outside?
--
Sue ];( ,,,,,,,,,,
Old August 9th 03, 10:38 AM
Simon Brown

Sorry, I'm *sweating* like a little pig :-(
--
Simon Brown, Postfach 159, CH-7031 Laax
www.hb9drv.ch

"Simon Brown" wrote in message

It's awful here - 30% air humidity, 30C, I'm seating like a little pig.

And
the state of our glacier - there was skiing there two years ago in summer
:-(

Old August 10th 03, 08:09 PM
Simon Brown

I agree about the state of the glacier, but if you want to cool down take a
bath in the river which is just molten glacier - 5C - some people actually
do it!
--
Simon Brown, Postfach 159, CH-7031 Laax
www.hb9drv.ch

"Sue" wrote in message
In message , Simon Brown

It's worse here, 37.9C at Heathrow which is quite near here. No real
hope of a thunderstorm, tonights forecast 22C *minimum* and "very muggy
and humid". It's unladylike to sweat so I ran a cold bath to sit in -
and the water came out tepid!

Old August 11th 03, 07:46 AM
Simon Brown

Ho,

I'm at 1,035 and the **** motorists are clogging up the air with petrol
fumes 'cos there's no wind so the crap is staying in the valleys. Where are
those scud missiles when you need them ?
--
Simon Brown, Postfach 159, CH-7031 Laax
www.hb9drv.ch

"Ian Spare" wrote in message

No, I really don't think it's worse there. Simon must be around
1200-1500m at least if it's only 30'. It's 27' right now here in
Neuchatel at 0800, yesterday it was 39 at 1900 in Neuchatel, around
39.5 around Luasanne, Geneve and Cluses. At Morillon in France it was
37.5, Morillon 1100 around 31.3' and up on the Sairon and Tete des
Saix a very pleasent 28-30 or so. Minimum night tempatures are aorund
26-28 in town and down to about 22 in Morillon 1100. But what really
makes it worse here is it's been like this since May now.

I'm going to set fire to the next person from the UK who tells me it's
been hot there :-)

Old August 11th 03, 08:15 AM
Jonathan Gogan

Ian;
It is quite hot here in the UK.
Jon (helpful).

"Ian Spare" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 20:05:05 +0100, Sue
wrote:

In message , Simon Brown
writes

Old August 11th 03, 09:02 AM
PG

wrote:

I'm going to set fire to the next person from the UK who tells me it's
been hot there :-)

(But please make sure they're nowhere near me at the time.....)

Rumour has it that some people suspected to have 'unwittingly' started
fires here in Provence have been lynched by the locals, when caught.
I've seen a number of idiots (foreigners who are simply unaware of the
danger) chucking their fag ends away and not putting them out properly,
if at all. 40 - 45°C in the shade over the last few days, no rain for
months. Even if no one is killed or injured as a result of starting a
fire, if the instigator is caught the French are starting to impose
custodial prison sentences...

Pete
http://grass-ski.alpesprovence.net

Old August 11th 03, 09:06 AM
Ian Spare

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:15:06 +0100, "Jonathan Gogan"
wrote:

Ian;
It is quite hot here in the UK.
Jon (helpful).

It might be hot _for_ the UK, but it's only been a few days of
unseasonably warm weather and then mostly concentrated in the south
east. What it definetly is not is hotter or "worse" than mainland
Europe.

Like I said, it's been like this since May here and I've been over in
the UK on business a couple of times, and's way, way cooler just like
you'd expect.

"Ian Spare" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 20:05:05 +0100, Sue
wrote:

In message , Simon Brown
writes

Old August 11th 03, 09:11 AM
Ace

wrote:

Ian;
It is quite hot here in the UK.
Jon (helpful).

It might be hot _for_ the UK, but it's only been a few days of
unseasonably warm weather and then mostly concentrated in the south
east. What it definetly is not is hotter or "worse" than mainland
Europe.

Like I said, it's been like this since May here and I've been over in
the UK on business a couple of times, and's way, way cooler just like
you'd expect.

Indeed, but we did have (in Basel & Alsace) a few days with
temperatures below 25DegC about a month (poss. a bit more) ago. Other
than that, I reckon the _average_ daily maximum for at least two
months must be about 32DegC.

It'll all change next week though, because our swimming pool should
finally[1] be finished this week :-)

[1] It's only been under construction since last October... Grrr.
--
Ace in Alsace - bruce dot rogers at roche dot com
Ski Club of Great Britain http://www.skiclub.co.uk
Old August 11th 03, 09:41 AM
PG

wrote:

It'll all change next week though, because our swimming pool should
finally[1] be finished this week :-)

[1] It's only been under construction since last October... Grrr.
--

Lucky you don't live in Provence then, you'd have to pay double here to
get an express job like that done ;°)