Trouble Tightening Snowboard Boots

Old January 8th 04, 07:29 PM
Paco

Default Trouble Tightening Snowboard Boots

I am new to snowboarding and am having trouble tightening my boots.
The laces tear up my hands and I just can't get the boots as tight as
I need. Is this common? Does anyone recommend a tool or something
that I can use to help tighten my boots?

Thanks!
-Paco
Old January 8th 04, 09:17 PM
Rob.

"Paco" wrote in message
I am new to snowboarding and am having trouble tightening my boots.
The laces tear up my hands and I just can't get the boots as tight as
I need. Is this common? Does anyone recommend a tool or something
that I can use to help tighten my boots?

Thanks!
-Paco

Yep, you want lace hooks. Any skate shop should sell them. There's a folding
type as well

http://www.skate-buys.com/metlacpulhoo.html

Old January 16th 04, 07:57 PM
Paco

I just found a tool a local snowboard shop. It's called a "LaceBone"
and it'll do the trick better than that hockey hook tool. Mostly
because it helps get a grip on the laces.

http://www.lacebone.com

Anyway, just thought I'd pass that along.

-Paco

Old January 21st 04, 04:07 PM
Ace

I just found a tool a local snowboard shop. It's called a "LaceBone"
and it'll do the trick better than that hockey hook tool. Mostly
because it helps get a grip on the laces.

http://www.lacebone.com

Anyway, just thought I'd pass that along.

-Paco

I got something very similar to that at a ski shop. Works pretty well
once you get used to it. My hands stopped bleeding :-)

Eric
Old January 21st 04, 04:25 PM
Neil Gendzwill

Ace wrote:

I got something very similar to that at a ski shop. Works pretty well
once you get used to it. My hands stopped bleeding :-)

I've got something even better - they're called "buckles".

Neil

Old January 21st 04, 08:55 PM
Arvin Chang

Neil Gendzwill wrote in message ...
Ace wrote:

I got something very similar to that at a ski shop. Works pretty well
once you get used to it. My hands stopped bleeding :-)

I've got something even better - they're called "buckles".

Neil

Hardbooter complexes aside. I've found my Raichle SB244 buckles to be
rather crappy. It's really hard to flip them over when I've tightened
them really *tight* it is likely due ot the shell being a bit too big
for me - I have the 26.0 liner and it fits my foot fine, but the
entire liner is too small moves around in the boot - that's seems like
poor design since the liner came with the boot. Probably because the
shell was designed to take 26.0 and 26.5 liners.

--Arvin
Old January 21st 04, 09:05 PM
Neil Gendzwill

Arvin Chang wrote:
Hardbooter complexes aside. I've found my Raichle SB244 buckles to be
rather crappy. It's really hard to flip them over when I've tightened
them really *tight* it is likely due ot the shell being a bit too big
for me -

If you have to tighten them really tight you've probably got some fit
issues anyways. I know lots of guys will go down a shell size and then
use the thermoflex liners. I've been OK with the stock liners, although
I've added footbeds and had to punch out the forefoot a little. Next
time I buy boots I'll go for the hot thermoflex action.

Neil

Old January 21st 04, 10:41 PM
Banana

On 21 Jan 2004 09:07:36 -0800, (Ace) wrote:

I just found a tool a local snowboard shop. It's called a "LaceBone"
and it'll do the trick better than that hockey hook tool. Mostly
because it helps get a grip on the laces.

http://www.lacebone.com

Anyway, just thought I'd pass that along.

-Paco

I got something very similar to that at a ski shop. Works pretty well
once you get used to it. My hands stopped bleeding :-)

Eric

Got any links of this thing oyu have? I went to the Lacebone but
couldnt get a good look at the thing, or how it would be used..

tia

Old January 22nd 04, 01:23 AM
Arvin Chang

Arvin Chang wrote:
Hardbooter complexes aside. I've found my Raichle SB244 buckles to be
rather crappy. It's really hard to flip them over when I've tightened
them really *tight* it is likely due ot the shell being a bit too big
for me -

If you have to tighten them really tight you've probably got some fit
issues anyways. I know lots of guys will go down a shell size and then
use the thermoflex liners. I've been OK with the stock liners, although
I've added footbeds and had to punch out the forefoot a little. Next
time I buy boots I'll go for the hot thermoflex action.

Neil

Yea, I totally have some sizing issues. I've duct taped some foam
strips behind my heel and ankle and that helps a bit, but they are
definitely too big for me. I'm looking for a size 25 Raichle with a
heat-moldable liner (Themoflex or Intuition), but waiting for a good
deal.

--Arvin
Old January 22nd 04, 03:58 PM
Chet Hayes

The best solution to this problem is the BOA cable lacing system. I
have a pair of the Vans Contras and they are awesome. Slip right on,
slip right off and tighten in a few seconds. They use a steel cable
with a ratchet knob instead of laces. Unlike laces, the cable doesn't
bunch up and tightens uniformly, top to the very bottom.

Also, I tighten them just snug in the lodge. At the top of the lift,
I tighten them the rest of the way. After a couple runs, if I want
to, with a turn of the knob I can tighten them again after they pack
out some. I can even do it on the lift. To release them, you just
pull out on the ratchet knob and they completely release.

I'd never buy a pair of regular lace boots again.

Boots pinch front of ankle... Tall Rider Brett Snowboarding 11 October 7th 03 02:02 AM
Salomon boots Biff Snowboarding 10 October 6th 03 09:17 AM
FS: Arbor Woodie, Vans Fargo boots My Name Snowboarding 0 October 2nd 03 05:27 AM
FA: Burton Snowboard boots - 12 hours to go Richard Snowboarding 0 September 3rd 03 10:41 PM
FS: Burton snowboard boots Richard Snowboarding 0 August 4th 03 08:11 PM