skiing backpack for small women

Old October 31st 03, 02:06 PM
lynnie rudner

Default skiing backpack for small women

Hello experts on backcountry grear!

I've been looking for about a year for a ski-pack that would fit a woman
like me (4'11") with a tiny torso. The closest I have come so far to finding
the pack of my dreams is a Life-Link "Boundry" pack (that i have stolen from
someone and now have to give back). Do any of the super-cool backcountry
girls out there have any other ideas? (the boys can have ideas, too, but
remember that im a dwarf!)

Thanks

--
Lynnie Rudner
Thali Lab -- Research Technician III

Tel: 802 656 1161
Fax: 802 656 8749

Old October 31st 03, 02:57 PM

Old October 31st 03, 05:24 PM
lynnie rudner

thanks for the note. im hoping to find one on which i can also carry my
skis... otherwise the ones that you are talking about would be great!

and yes, weve had some snow out here, last week, but this week was warn
(50-60) so its gone now. next week we should be back in the game, though!

lynnie

Old October 31st 03, 06:38 PM
Gary S.

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:06:39 -0500, "lynnie rudner"
wrote:

Hello experts on backcountry grear!

I've been looking for about a year for a ski-pack that would fit a woman
like me (4'11") with a tiny torso. The closest I have come so far to finding
the pack of my dreams is a Life-Link "Boundry" pack (that i have stolen from
someone and now have to give back). Do any of the super-cool backcountry
girls out there have any other ideas? (the boys can have ideas, too, but
remember that im a dwarf!)

If you haven't discovered Climb High's nearby retail shop yet, check
them out. Besdies the obvious climbing gear, they have a decent
selection of BC ski gear:

Climb High Retail Store
2438 Shelburne Road
Shelburne, VT 05482
(802) 985-5055
http://www.climbhigh.com/store.html

The Mammut Cervin may work for you.

If you don't mind slipping over the border, Mountain Equipment Coop
now has a shop in Montreal. They would have a large number of choices
for you.

www.mec.ca

The Arc'Teryx M30 DayPack in the short length may suit your needs.

Over to North Conway, stop in at International Mountain Equipment or
Ragged Mountain Equipment for BC gear and accessories.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
Old October 31st 03, 06:42 PM

Old October 31st 03, 07:07 PM
Gary S.

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 18:42:11 +0000 (UTC),
bbense+rec.skiing.backcountry.Oct.31.03@telemark. slac.stanford.edu
wrote:

_ Cool, I'm headed back to NH for Xmas and I really want some
snow.

_ Booker C. Bense

We've put the order in.

For groomed areas, no problem, they will have plenty on the slopes
then most likely.

For BC, higher altitudes are likely snow covered by then, alternately
higher latitudes such as north of the Whites.

Old October 31st 03, 08:30 PM

Old October 31st 03, 11:30 PM

Old November 1st 03, 04:24 AM
GR

If you don't mind generic, LL Bean has a nice assortment of well made day
packs. They have a lot of models for teens and kids which may fit you ok. I
use one as an all purpose year round pack.
gr

Old November 3rd 03, 02:08 PM
lynnie rudner

thanks everyone for some great advice.

I actually was at MEC in Montreal yesterday (though we did drive around
about 5 times to find the place... i need to work on understanding that
"SUD" can sometimes mean North in Montreal.

Anyway, you are right -- they have a great assortment of packs and I tried
on about a million. I think I may have found a couple that fit, but I didnt
want to commit yesterday because there were a couple more I wanted to try
stateside. I suppose I should just bite the bullet, but I'll probably check
out a couple at Ragged or LLBean in the next couple of weeks.
So thanks everyone for the great advice

Lynnie

Tai Chi Skiing yunlong Alpine Skiing 8 December 17th 04 04:50 PM
Masters Skiing Camps Nordic Skiing Instruction Nordic Skiing 0 November 1st 04 01:47 PM
RFC - The Nordic Skiing Project the Nordic Skiing Project Nordic Skiing 2 September 24th 04 05:50 PM
Near fatal ski incident Me Nordic Skiing 22 February 27th 04 02:47 PM
Skiing in Utah BRL Nordic Skiing 5 November 25th 03 07:43 PM