What bindings for K2 Axis XT?

Old November 20th 04, 06:34 AM
Mark

Default What bindings for K2 Axis XT?

I am looking for bindings for the K2 Axis XT ski (181cm). I've always
skiied on Salomon bindings, but I know that K2 and Marker are now
integrated. I am looking for discounted 2004 models and I'm considering
these bindings;

- Marker 1300 Ti Piston Control
- Marker 1200 Titanium Piston Control
- Salomon S912 PS
- Salomon S914 Axe+
- Salomon S912 Ti PE2

I got the XTs because I like to be on difficult, steep terrain as
opposed to high-speed groomed runs. I would say I am a lower-level
expert, DIN setting 10.

I want a decent binding that does not greatly alter the characteristic
of the ski and I don't want to have to worry about pre-release.

Thanks much for any suggestions!

--
Mark
Raleigh, NC USA
Old November 20th 04, 02:36 PM
Steve FZ1

I've got the XPs in 177cm, and I agree that they do really rock when the
terrain gets more challenging or the snow turns to crud. However, I went
with the more economical version, the Marker M82 Graphite, with DIN Settings
at 7. I'm 42, and 5'8" and 175 lbs. A few years ago I tweaked a knee on
Mary Jane and decided that I'd rather lose a ski than a knee... the DINs
came back down. Of course, it sounds like you're a little more advanced
than me..... I'll hit the tree runs occasionally and I don't have a problem
with the blacks or double blacks... but I go out looking for powder stashes
in the open spaces (so I go to Targhee every year). The Graphite bindings
are a little heavier than the similar Ti bindings, but I had to approve the
purchase through my better half... (of course, the XPs replaced a pair of
185 cm Volant supercarves.... Almost ANYTHING would be lighter).

The max DIN on the M82s is 10. If you want to stick with that tight of a
binding, then maxing out the settings may not be the way to go. But if you
would consider backing off to make sure you can still walk to the car at the
end of the day, I've been really pleased with my purchase. I work as a
safety analysis engineer... have a different focus sometimes.

In other words, there's my input.... for what it's worth.

- Steve

Old November 20th 04, 02:39 PM
Steve FZ1

Ooops - you said XT, not XP. I HATE it when that Happens!!!! Well, I hope
the input I sent was useful anyway. Good luck!

- Steve

"Steve FZ1" wrote in message
I've got the XPs in 177cm, ........

Old November 21st 04, 01:46 AM
Juan KoolDude

I hav the XTs with the Marker 1200s, excellent skis, love em. The
Marker 1200s work great for me.

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 07:34:17 GMT, Mark wrote:

I am looking for bindings for the K2 Axis XT ski (181cm). I've always
skiied on Salomon bindings, but I know that K2 and Marker are now
integrated. I am looking for discounted 2004 models and I'm considering
these bindings;

- Marker 1300 Ti Piston Control
- Marker 1200 Titanium Piston Control
- Salomon S912 PS
- Salomon S914 Axe+
- Salomon S912 Ti PE2

I got the XTs because I like to be on difficult, steep terrain as
opposed to high-speed groomed runs. I would say I am a lower-level
expert, DIN setting 10.

I want a decent binding that does not greatly alter the characteristic
of the ski and I don't want to have to worry about pre-release.

Thanks much for any suggestions!

http://www.2skierz.com

salomon bindings / burton boards Joe Snowboarding 6 December 18th 03 09:48 PM
Mounting alpine bindings Terry Hill Alpine Skiing 26 December 6th 03 05:51 AM
Mount Bindings Schmoe Alpine Skiing 12 November 15th 03 03:02 PM
FS: K2 Axis XR 174cm w/Marker comp 1400 bindings Ted Marketplace 0 November 2nd 03 06:56 PM
Atomic Ski Bindings - 4.12 or 6.14 which is better for me? Christopher Luke Alpine Skiing 7 August 10th 03 03:40 PM