Pineapple Express

Old December 14th 14, 08:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Pineapple Express

wrote:
On Sat, 13 Dec 2014 19:31:38 -0800 (PST), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

On Saturday, December 13, 2014 7:59:11 AM UTC-8, pigo wrote:
But I'm going to Phoenix Friday. Mmmmmmmmm warm!

Reservoir levels up north show sharp jumps, but they are still way
below average and there usually a jump at this time of year anyway.
The truth will be in the depth of the snowpack we get this year.

Too bad you dumbasses live in a desert. I have the largest supply of
fresh water just outside my door. Sucks to be you.

Merry Christmas everyone. God bless us all.
God bless America.

Coastal California, (Both Northern and Southern California) isn't a desert.
It gets little rainfall, has hot dry summers, (or more like cool dry
summers) but temperature wise, it is in the 20 to 27 degree Celsius/70-80s
on the coasts, while hotter a little bit inland, basically many
microclimates. It is very good for wine growing, one can grow cabernet
sauvignon and Merlot Grapes near Malibu, (many try to try to get their land
zoned as agricultural/farming property and lower property taxes) There is
also not many mosquitoes except near salt water marshes, like near Pt.
Mugu..

The desert starts further inland, probably about 100 miles/160 kilometres
from the coast, (a bit closer in San Diego area)
It comes apparent while driving through San Bernandino to Las Vegas...

The Desert Areas of the Western US are actually pretty nice to be right
now, (except the Northern Deserts in Oregon, Idaho, and Washington, very
cold with some precipitation) Much like Florida is pretty brutal during
the Summer Months, Palm Springs, Phoenix, Las Vegas are pretty inhospitable
from May to Late September. However, they are great right now, cool,
sunny... One reason half of Chicago lives in Arizona during the Winter
Months..
Old December 14th 14, 09:21 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Sunday, December 14, 2014 9:26:54 AM UTC-7, wrote:

How can that be possible? Even rats don't want to live in a desert.

I've done it. On a lake. Beautiful.

If you people wouldn't feed them maybe they would go away.

I do my best to NOT feed them. I'm forced to to a certain extent. As are you.
Old December 14th 14, 09:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 13:21:18 -0800 (PST), pigo
wrote this crap:

On Sunday, December 14, 2014 9:26:54 AM UTC-7, wrote:

How can that be possible? Even rats don't want to live in a desert.

I've done it. On a lake. Beautiful.

There's no natural lakes in the desert. Where were you? Lake Mead?
That hardly qualifies as a desert.

Old December 14th 14, 10:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 12/14/2014 11:59 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 10:37:54 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

On 12/14/2014 08:26 AM,
wrote:
On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 08:10:58 -0800 (PST), pigo
wrote this crap:

On Sunday, December 14, 2014 8:12:19 AM UTC-7, wrote:

Too bad you dumbasses live in a desert. I have the largest supply of
fresh water just outside my door. Sucks to be you.

Living in the desert is really nice.

How can that be possible? Even rats don't want to live in a desert.

It's beautiful.

So is a stormy sea or a full moon, but I wouldn't want to live there.
Rats don't even live in the desert. Cockroaches won't live in the
desert.

Do you see this as a negative? Jesus, you live in a place where rats
and roaches are desirable and you tell US it sucks to be us?

OTOH, Detroit is turning rural so maybe it can at
least become attractive farmland with goats and sheep and cows and
horses and tall grass and big rolls of hay and honest sons of the earth
toiling in the fields to feed the multitudes.

Or you can have gangbangers. Up to you.

Not to me. I don't pay them or let them breed.

They seem to be able to do that by themselves, extracting sustenance and
reproduction from the helpless gullible.

--
Cheers, Bev
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

Old December 14th 14, 11:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

wrote this crap:

On Sunday, December 14, 2014 9:26:54 AM UTC-7, wrote:

How can that be possible? Even rats don't want to live in a desert.

I've done it. On a lake. Beautiful.

There's no natural lakes in the desert. Where were you? Lake Mead?
That hardly qualifies as a desert.

Merry Christmas everyone. God bless us all.
God bless America.

Wow.

I've never met anyone quite so willing to be a buffoon as you, LIEutenant..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakes_of_Ounianga

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaz_Lake

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harper_Lake

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owens_Lake

A desert is NOT defined as the absence of all water.

Unfortunately, Owens Lake (just off to the east of 395 on the way to Mammoth) isn't all it used to be. The City of LA had to be sued before they allowed at least enough water to escape their ditches to wet down the dust so it would stop blowing all the way to San Diego. There used to be steamboats that crossed the lake since it was the easiest way to some of the mines around Death Valley, but not for the last 90 years or so.

In the movie Bad Day at Black Rock, the railroad station shown is just north of the former lake.
Old December 15th 14, 01:18 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Sunday, December 14, 2014 2:43:23 PM UTC-7, wrote:

There's no natural lakes in the desert. Where were you? Lake Mead?
That hardly qualifies as a desert.

There are natural lakes. But the man made ones are placed better. They put those where they want them. Have you been to Lake Powell? Unbelievable place. There's a few nice lakes outside of Phoenix too. But I won't be visiting those next weekend.

Old December 15th 14, 01:24 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 14:44:29 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

On Sunday, December 14, 2014 8:12:19 AM UTC-7, wrote:

Too bad you dumbasses live in a desert. I have the largest supply of
fresh water just outside my door. Sucks to be you.

Living in the desert is really nice.

How can that be possible? Even rats don't want to live in a desert.

It's beautiful.

So is a stormy sea or a full moon, but I wouldn't want to live there.
Rats don't even live in the desert. Cockroaches won't live in the
desert.

Do you see this as a negative? Jesus, you live in a place where rats
and roaches are desirable and you tell US it sucks to be us?

I didn't say rats and roaches are desirable. I implied the opposite.
Rats and roaches live in the worst places on Earth, but they still
wouldn't live in the desert.

Old December 15th 14, 04:39 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

Too bad you dumbasses live in a desert. I have the largest
supply of fresh water just outside my door. Sucks to be you.

Living in the desert is really nice.

How can that be possible? Even rats don't want to live in a
desert.

As usual, truth is far from what this clown says.

https://www.desertmuseum.org/kids/oz...heets/krat.php

Old December 15th 14, 03:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Sunday, December 14, 2014 1:50:58 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Palm Springs, Phoenix, Las Vegas are pretty inhospitable
from May to Late September. However, they are great right now, cool,
sunny... One reason half of Chicago lives in Arizona during the Winter
Months..

"inhospitable" if you don't like the heat. Sure there are days here and there that roast you. But if all you have to do is go boating/swimming/fishing or golfing? Not bad. And I like the heat. Not everyone does I know, but I do.