Skiing at Milwaukee downhill areas?

Old December 23rd 04, 01:05 AM
BeeCharmer

Default Skiing at Milwaukee downhill areas?

I'm headed back to my hometown of Milwaukee for Xmas; any chance of
skiing downhill areas there with my nordic skis?

chris
ne iowa

Old December 23rd 04, 07:08 PM
J999w

Crystal Ridge in Franklin is not open yet. They do have some snow made and
maybe with this cold snap they can open this weekend. I'll drive by there this
afternoon and see. Sunburst near West Bend IS open and is your best bet in this
area.

jw
milwaukee
Old December 24th 04, 01:53 AM

Sunburst in Kewaskum is open and they do welcome nordic skiers. There
are a couple of caveats though.

1) You need to buy a pass. I'm not positive but I have a recollection
that a seasons pass for nordic is around $40.
2) You have to be off the slopes by the time that the downhillers show
up. That means off by 9:00 am Saturday and Sunday, 4:00 pm Mondays
through Thursday and 10:00 am on Friday. I don't know if the hours
change for the holidays but that's it for the rest of the time.

When in doubt, call them. They're pretty nice folks and they'll tell
you whether it's worth coming out or not.

Andy
Milwaukee

Old December 24th 04, 11:36 PM
BeeCharmer

Thanks, guys. I'll make some calls.

chris
now in milwaukee

Tai Chi Skiing yunlong Alpine Skiing 8 December 17th 04 04:50 PM
Masters Skiing Camps Nordic Skiing Instruction Nordic Skiing 0 November 1st 04 01:47 PM
Near fatal ski incident Me Nordic Skiing 22 February 27th 04 02:47 PM
Best areas for scenic skiing Sherwin Dubren Nordic Skiing 3 February 10th 04 03:15 AM
roller skiing milwaukee Mary Nordic Skiing 2 October 13th 03 07:59 PM