Alpe D Huez in January

Old December 1st 03, 07:31 PM
Scott

Default Alpe D Huez in January

Any snow forecast for begining of January folks in this resort? When does
the season start? Here's hoping for a load of the white fluffy stuff!!

Scott

Old December 2nd 03, 08:29 AM
PG

"John Wilcock" wrote in message
. ..
| On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 20:31:01 -0000, Scott wrote:
| Any snow forecast for begining of January folks in this
resort? When does
| the season start? Here's hoping for a load of the white
fluffy stuff!!

| Alpe d'Huez is already open, but it's far too early to guess
how much
| snow there'll be in January. All that can be said for now is
that
| there was a big dump down to about 2000 m yesterday, forecast
down to
| 1500 m this afternoon, but unfortunately remaining mild for the
rest
| of the week at least.

Yeah these southerly gales have done a lot of damage, in the
space of four days 25cms down at 800m in Bourg Saint Maurice has
vanished, the snowline retreating back up to 1600m in Les Arcs.

Meteo France has got it all wrong as well, heavy rain and snow
high up was forecast from last Sunday for most of the week in the
Savoie. Not a drop so far.

Pete

Old December 4th 03, 01:03 PM
John

On 2/12/03 9:29 am, in article ,
"PG" wrote:

"John Wilcock" wrote in message
. ..
| On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 20:31:01 -0000, Scott wrote:
| Any snow forecast for begining of January folks in this
resort? When does
| the season start? Here's hoping for a load of the white
fluffy stuff!!

| Alpe d'Huez is already open, but it's far too early to guess
how much
| snow there'll be in January. All that can be said for now is
that
| there was a big dump down to about 2000 m yesterday, forecast
down to
| 1500 m this afternoon, but unfortunately remaining mild for the
rest
| of the week at least.

Yeah these southerly gales have done a lot of damage, in the
space of four days 25cms down at 800m in Bourg Saint Maurice has
vanished, the snowline retreating back up to 1600m in Les Arcs.

Meteo France has got it all wrong as well, heavy rain and snow
high up was forecast from last Sunday for most of the week in the
Savoie. Not a drop so far.

Pete

For a real tingle of anticipation, have a look at
http://www.alpedhuez.com/doc/jour.jpg

Mmmm...

John
(remove .dash to reply)

"Film is a collaborative business. Now bend over." - David Mamet

Old December 4th 03, 01:29 PM
PG

,
| "PG" wrote:
|

| Yeah these southerly gales have done a lot of damage, in the
| space of four days 25cms down at 800m in Bourg Saint Maurice
has
| vanished, the snowline retreating back up to 1600m in Les
Arcs.

| Meteo France has got it all wrong as well, heavy rain and
snow
| high up was forecast from last Sunday for most of the week in
the
| Savoie. Not a drop so far.
|
| Pete
|
| For a real tingle of anticipation, have a look at
| http://www.alpedhuez.com/doc/jour.jpg
|
| Mmmm...

Note the date though, I would like to see the same view taken
today after a week of warm southerlies!

Pete