re-mounting bindings

Old February 22nd 06, 12:00 PM

Default re-mounting bindings

I have a pair of second hand ski's(1080s). They have S810 bindings that
have been remounted for a smalled boot size. I can see the old filled
holes just at the back of the bindings. I wich to remount the bindings
to the original position for a larger boot. I intend to get this done
at a ski shop. However - is this possible? how long does it take?

thankyou
Rob

Old February 22nd 06, 07:32 PM

lal_truckee wrote:
wrote:

I have a pair of second hand ski's(1080s). They have S810 bindings that
have been remounted for a smalled boot size. I can see the old filled
holes just at the back of the bindings. I wich to remount the bindings
to the original position for a larger boot. I intend to get this done
at a ski shop. However - is this possible? how long does it take?

It's possible. A good shop can mount and test in less than 1/2 hour IMO
IF they are not busy.

Problems:
Drilling out epoxied plugs may be difficult - the shop should use a
drill press; usually they freehand using a jig, and may not have a drill
press - the shop can advise you.
A binding is mounted to fit your boot, not to specific holes. Maybe the
holes are in the right place, maybe not - the shop can advise you.
If new holes are needed, they might be too close to existing holes
(weakening the ski) and remounting not recommended - the shop can advise
you.
The binding may not be indemnified any longer - if not, the shop won't
touch them - but they can advise you.

In other words, take them to your shop and ask them, not us - the shop
can advise you.

Well, he can find out the answer to the last question himself by looking
at the 2006 indemnification list:
http://www.nssra.com/2001/nssra/inde...cle&recno=2637
Salomon S810 seems to be on it.

As for the other issuses, the only way to tell is to have the person
who's going to do the work scope out the situation. Hole placement may
be problematic, maybe not. If it is, there are ways around it. Figure
on about 48 hours and 48 bucks as a reasonable guesstimate of time and
expense.

//Walt

Old February 22nd 06, 07:45 PM

"Walt" wrote in message
lal_truckee wrote:
wrote:

[...]

48 bucks for a remount?
Do they grease you up before they **** you? Maybe give you a kiss.
My shop works for thirty five. Lots less for me, of course, for two
reasons: I send them a lot of business, and I bring a half rack of beer a
couple times a year.
Gotta know how to motivate a shop rat.

Old February 22nd 06, 07:53 PM

Boycott Two Buddha's gear shack on eBay. He's a pathological liar and
paranoid schizophrenic. There's no telling what you'll actually receive
if you order anything. He's been stalking and threatening everyone on
this newsgroup for nearly 10 years.

Scott's brother tells the truth about Scott in an article entitled
"repressed memories revisited".
http://www.backlash.com/content/email/1996/em0196.htm

Scott banned from usenet by a judge.
http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg16422141.700.html
Old February 22nd 06, 08:00 PM

Paranoid schizophrenic? Paranoid liar.
Go to the dictionary. Look up "projection". Then look in the mirror.
Typical rsa. Even when I make a skiing post, some freak has to lie and
stalk and defame.

Old February 22nd 06, 08:04 PM

"A. B. Normal" wrote in message
Boycott Two Buddha's gear shack on eBay. He's a pathological liar and
paranoid schizophrenic. There's no telling what you'll actually receive
if you order anything. He's been stalking and threatening everyone on
this newsgroup for nearly 10 years.

Scott's brother tells the truth about Scott in an article entitled
"repressed memories revisited".
http://www.backlash.com/content/email/1996/em0196.htm

Scott banned from usenet by a judge.
http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg16422141.700.html

Pay no attention to the Buddha behind the curtain. He's a pathological
liar and paranoid schizophrenic who's been stalking and threatening

Old February 22nd 06, 08:34 PM

As I was saying?

This mailbox protected from unsolicited email by Spam Alarm
from Dignity Software http://www.dignitysoftware.com