How fast have you gone on rollerskis?

Old November 17th 04, 06:32 PM
Tim Kelley

Whoops ... sorry guys ... that was a typo on my part. I meant to type
"kph" (kilometers per hour). 280 kph (I believe that would be around
173 miles per hour?)

I'm getting my info from this web page:

http://www.skatelog.com/countries/de...ine-record.htm

About this being "lame" ... I bet anyone would be quite lame if they
crashed at this speed! ;-)

TK

Old November 17th 04, 06:41 PM
Tim Kelley

Another interesting fact from the web page I mentioned above:

"The skates he was wearing were custom built in Campsie in Sydney by
the worlds largest producer of hand made speed skates, Bont
International. The carbon fiber boots, aircraft aluminum frames and
ceramic bearings are worth a cool $8500."

Yikes!

TK

Old November 18th 04, 03:41 PM
Steve McGregor

I was thinking kilopon meters. I guess 280 kilometers per minute
would indeed be impressive.

(J999w) wrote in message ...
280 kpm on rollerskis wouldn't
be very impressive.

That depends ... 280 kilometers per month? or 280 kilometers per minute !

jw
milwaukee

Old December 8th 04, 10:41 PM
Dzela

My friend rode Rollerblades 205Km/hour without helmet or protective
clothes. You can see the DIVX movie on www.dzeletovic.com/sucke