Change DIN setting for weight loss ?

Old September 14th 05, 01:56 AM
Ron - N.Y

Default Change DIN setting for weight loss ?

I now weigh about 15-20 pounds lighter than I did last season . I went from
the upper 160's to about 150 now . Should I leave my settings alone or have
them readjusted ?
thanx
Ron

Old September 14th 05, 02:53 AM
VtSkier

Ron - N.Y wrote:
I now weigh about 15-20 pounds lighter than I did last season . I went from
the upper 160's to about 150 now . Should I leave my settings alone or have
them readjusted ?
thanx
Ron

As a matter of safety, you should have your bindings
tested every year by a reputable shop, using modern
testing gear.

DIN settings are done for a RANGE of weights. You may
well still be within the range for your particular
setting and nothing will need to be done.

Get the bindings checked anyway.

BTW if you are leaner and meaner, you may well be
more aggressive. This means a potentially higher
setting, but don't do it until you determine if
this is the case.

VtSkier
Old September 14th 05, 03:07 AM
JQ

"Ron - N.Y" wrote in message
I now weigh about 15-20 pounds lighter than I did last season . I went from
the upper 160's to about 150 now . Should I leave my settings alone or have
them readjusted ?
thanx
Ron

Hi Ron,

Congratulations on your weight lose. In most case you can leave them the
same. If you find the bindings are not releasing as
they should you can take them to the ski shop and have them checked and
readjusted. If you want to be on the safe side most will tell you to take
your skis in to have the bindings check yearly. For most places you will
need to leave your boots with them. They will have you fill out a form for
height, weight, skiing level and release waiver.

JQ
Dancing on the edge

Old September 15th 05, 02:15 PM
ant

Ron - N.Y wrote:
I now weigh about 15-20 pounds lighter than I did last season . I
went from the upper 160's to about 150 now . Should I leave my
settings alone or have them readjusted ?

Just don't use Markers, and you'll be OK.

and go to a shop and give them your stats and they can look at their graph
to check what DIN you should be on.

--
ant

Old September 15th 05, 07:06 PM
The Real Bev

AstroPax wrote:

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 00:15:22 +1000, "ant"
wrote:

Just don't use Markers, and you'll be OK.

Nonsense.

I ski fast and don't do bumps. I've consistently set my Markers to 4.5 or 5,
wuss-level, with no pre-releases and they came off when they were supposed
to. The Salomons on my most recent skis work fine too, with the proviso that
they can break ribs if you fall on one really really hard 8-(

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old September 15th 05, 07:17 PM
Walt

The Real Bev wrote:
AstroPax wrote:
On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 00:15:22 +1000, "ant" wrote:

Just don't use Markers, and you'll be OK.

Nonsense.

I ski fast and don't do bumps.

I do a bit of both, but never at the same time. (c:

I've consistently set my Markers to 4.5 or 5,
wuss-level, with no pre-releases and they came off when they were supposed
to.

I think Ant's complaint is that they come off when they aren't supposed
to, not that they don't come off when they're supposed to.

I haven't experienced this problem, and would unhesitatingly recomend
Markers.

The Salomons on my most recent skis work fine too,

After witnessing three tibia fractures in three years, all on Saloman
bindings, I'm off them permanently. But I will still wear their shoes.

with the proviso that
they can break ribs if you fall on one really really hard 8-(

Don't eat them, either.

//Walt
Old September 15th 05, 11:44 PM
lal_truckee

Walt wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:

AstroPax wrote:
I ski fast and don't do bumps.

I do a bit of both, but never at the same time.

Boy are you in for a treat, once you start. Big swoopy GS turns in a
mogul field. Wonderful. Lends new significance to that fine old ski-word
"avalement."
Old September 15th 05, 11:51 PM
The Real Bev

lal_truckee wrote:

Walt wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:

AstroPax wrote:
I ski fast and don't do bumps.

I do a bit of both, but never at the same time.

Boy are you in for a treat, once you start. Big swoopy GS turns in a
mogul field. Wonderful. Lends new significance to that fine old ski-word
"avalement."

And thence to the classic question "Ou le f*ck est le goddam coathanger pour
scratcher mon jambe sous le cast S'IL VOUS PLAIT?"

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old September 16th 05, 01:24 AM
Walt

lal_truckee wrote:
Walt wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:

I ski fast and don't do bumps.

I do a bit of both, but never at the same time.

Boy are you in for a treat, once you start.

Yes, I've tasted that little "treat". Must be too sweet for me or
something.

Big swoopy GS turns in a
mogul field. Wonderful. Lends new significance to that fine old ski-word
"avalement."

"avalement": that's French for "yardsale", isn't it?

--
// Walt
//

Old September 16th 05, 04:04 AM
bdubya

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 21:24:08 -0400, Walt
wrote:

lal_truckee wrote:
Walt wrote:
The Real Bev wrote:

I ski fast and don't do bumps.

I do a bit of both, but never at the same time.

Boy are you in for a treat, once you start.

Yes, I've tasted that little "treat". Must be too sweet for me or
something.

Relative to actually skiing the zipper-line, I'd call it "the easy way
down".

IMHO.

bw