spring weather jacket (shell)

Old January 16th 04, 07:34 PM
Monique Y. Herman

On 2004-01-16, pigo penned:

"Monique Y. Herman" wrote in message

I have a 3/4 length Marmot shell. I can wear it with *all* the stuff
in sub-zero or with a long sleeve T in spring. Pockets, vents, hood,
powder skirt. It retailed for about $350. I thing you can get them in
generic brands with generic "goretex" now for around $200.

That one you got looks like it might be a little short. But you know
best.

pigo

Not necessarily ... but this one is the same length as my old insulated
one, coming down a few inches below my butt. That seems long enough,
especially with a powder skirt.

--
monique

Old January 16th 04, 08:02 PM
Monique Y. Herman

On 2004-01-16, F. Plant penned:

One feature I like is mesh inside my pit zips. Helps keep snow out
when you do a tumble. Not a deal breaker, though if you want you can
have a seamstress put them in. For that matter I've had complete pit
zips put into jackets that were otherwise fantastic deals. Also hoods
detached, etc (depends how things are made to start with). Sometimes
stores will even give you the name of the shop they deal with for
their in store repairs -you tend to get good work and good prices
which is why the store deals with them. If they do a lot of
sportswear, some even are equiped to tape seams, but they tend to be
pricier shops. Dosn't hurt to find one though in case you need
something repaired in a hurry.

F.Plant

Yeah, I did think it odd that this jacket doesn't have mesh in the pits.
I guess I'll just try it a few times and see what I think.

--
monique

Old January 16th 04, 08:25 PM
MattB

On 2004-01-16, F. Plant penned:

One feature I like is mesh inside my pit zips. Helps keep snow out
when you do a tumble. Not a deal breaker, though if you want you can
have a seamstress put them in. For that matter I've had complete pit
zips put into jackets that were otherwise fantastic deals. Also
hoods detached, etc (depends how things are made to start with).
Sometimes stores will even give you the name of the shop they deal
with for their in store repairs -you tend to get good work and good
prices which is why the store deals with them. If they do a lot of
sportswear, some even are equiped to tape seams, but they tend to be
pricier shops. Dosn't hurt to find one though in case you need
something repaired in a hurry.

F.Plant

Yeah, I did think it odd that this jacket doesn't have mesh in the
pits. I guess I'll just try it a few times and see what I think.

I usually don't ski with the pit zips open (on purpose anyway). I just open
them when skinning up, trekking, or riding the lift. Then I do them up for
the descent. Sometimes I forget. In deep powder that can be bad, even if you
don't take a digger.

Matt

Old January 16th 04, 08:49 PM
Monique Y. Herman

On 2004-01-16, MattB penned:

I usually don't ski with the pit zips open (on purpose anyway). I just
open them when skinning up, trekking, or riding the lift. Then I do
them up for the descent. Sometimes I forget. In deep powder that can
be bad, even if you don't take a digger.

Matt

Pit zips wide open on the lift? No thanks! It's cold enough as is!

--
monique

Old January 16th 04, 09:23 PM
klaus

Monique Y. Herman wrote:

Lousy skiing is generally better than no skiing at all =)

Is that the Colorado state motto?

-klaus

Old January 16th 04, 09:31 PM
Walt

klaus wrote:
Monique Y. Herman wrote:

Lousy skiing is generally better than no skiing at all =)

Is that the Colorado state motto?

I believe we copyrighted the slogan first.

--
//-Walt
//

Old January 16th 04, 09:37 PM
Monique Y. Herman

On 2004-01-16, klaus penned:
Monique Y. Herman wrote:

Lousy skiing is generally better than no skiing at all =)

Is that the Colorado state motto?

-klaus

Whether it is or not, Colorado's all I'll be seeing this year. After
shelling out for a bunch of car repairs and reviewing my vacation hours,
Utah just isn't going to happen. I'm bummed, but there's always next
year, I suppose.

--
monique

Old January 16th 04, 10:01 PM
MattB

On 2004-01-16, MattB penned:

I usually don't ski with the pit zips open (on purpose anyway). I
just open them when skinning up, trekking, or riding the lift. Then
I do them up for the descent. Sometimes I forget. In deep powder
that can be bad, even if you don't take a digger.

Matt

Pit zips wide open on the lift? No thanks! It's cold enough as is!

When it's warm. Think March or April.

Matt

Old January 16th 04, 10:25 PM
klaus

Monique Y. Herman wrote:

Whether it is or not, Colorado's all I'll be seeing this year. After
shelling out for a bunch of car repairs and reviewing my vacation hours,
Utah just isn't going to happen. I'm bummed, but there's always next
year, I suppose.

And you got married, too. Yah.. Bad year.. Next year'll be
better. Ok.. maybe not *next* year. 2010 looks promising, though.

Got any sisters? That wanna ski Utah? Cheap?

-klaus

Old January 16th 04, 11:57 PM
Monique Y. Herman

On 2004-01-16, klaus penned:
Monique Y. Herman wrote:

Whether it is or not, Colorado's all I'll be seeing this year. After
shelling out for a bunch of car repairs and reviewing my vacation
hours, Utah just isn't going to happen. I'm bummed, but there's
always next year, I suppose.

And you got married, too. Yah.. Bad year.. Next year'll be better.
Ok.. maybe not *next* year. 2010 looks promising, though.

Not married yet, but dead set on getting there =)

That's too close to the way it's worked out so far. Family's been in
Utah since I was in college ... and I've been out there once to ski, and
once to hike and bike. Pathetic.

Got any sisters? That wanna ski Utah? Cheap?

Sorry, no sisters. I have a cousin in Utah, but I don't think she skis.

--
monique