Introduction

Old October 1st 04, 07:33 PM
Jim Papazissimos

Default Introduction

I've been lurking here for a while, so before I posted, I thought I'd
give a short introduction.

My name is Jim, and I live in Rochester, NY, home of lots of snow and
small hills. I'm 50 years old, been skiing for almost 30 years. Been
skiing almost everywhere in Vermont and New York, with some trips to
Colorado, Utah, Tahoe and Whistler and Tremblant. As my id indicates,
moguls and I don't get along, but I'll try almost anything else.

I went to the local shop today to get a new pair of skis for one of my
sons (I have 11 year old twin boys) and, of course, I walked out with a
pair of new Volkl Supersport 5 Stars for myself (great deal... $528
including the bindings). I'm keeping my old Volants for rock skis, if my
wife doesn't put them through my ears when the bill comes in.

Need less to say, I am stoked for the snow to fly. We're going back to
Steamboat this year, and it looks like it's shaping up to be a fantastic
snow year.

Ok, now I'll shut up for a while. Thanks for listening.

Jim in Rochester, NY
Old October 1st 04, 08:29 PM
lal_truckee

Jim Papazissimos wrote:

it looks like it's shaping up to be a fantastic
snow year.

Ah! You must be on very good terms with Ullr and Skadi. They confided
their plans ...
What kind of offering did you sacrifice?
Old October 1st 04, 08:55 PM
Walt

lal_truckee wrote:
Jim Papazissimos wrote:

it looks like it's shaping up to be a fantastic
snow year.

Ah! You must be on very good terms with Ullr and Skadi. They confided
their plans ...
What kind of offering did you sacrifice?

I think he promised to spend most of the season in Rochester.

--
//-Walt
//
Old October 1st 04, 08:57 PM
Walt

Sven Golly wrote:
Jim Papazissimos wrote

I walked out with a
pair of new Volkl Supersport 5 Stars for myself (great deal... $528
including the bindings). I

Wow!! That really is a great deal. I looked at those myself and the
cheapest I could find them was basically the same price you paid w/o
bindings.

It's all a matter of timing. Buy last year's remainders in early
September.

I got a pair of Five Stars with Marker 1200 piston bindings. $347 for
the skis, $150 for the bindings. Good deals are always in season.

--
//-Walt
//
Old October 1st 04, 11:31 PM
Jim Papazissimos

Walt wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:

Jim Papazissimos wrote:

it looks like it's shaping up to be a fantastic
snow year.

Ah! You must be on very good terms with Ullr and Skadi. They confided
their plans ...
What kind of offering did you sacrifice?

I think he promised to spend most of the season in Rochester.

LOL, true, we don't have to travel far to find snow (usually).

Now if we only had mountains, this would be heaven. OK, that's a slight
exaggeration.

Jim in Rochester, NY
Old October 1st 04, 11:33 PM
Jim Papazissimos

Walt wrote:

Sven Golly wrote:

Jim Papazissimos wrote

I walked out with a
pair of new Volkl Supersport 5 Stars for myself (great deal... $528
including the bindings). I

Wow!! That really is a great deal. I looked at those myself and the
cheapest I could find them was basically the same price you paid w/o
bindings.

It's all a matter of timing. Buy last year's remainders in early
September.

I got a pair of Five Stars with Marker 1200 piston bindings. $347 for
the skis, $150 for the bindings. Good deals are always in season.

Walt, I agree, but these are this year's model. Last year's sold out
here by mid-January. Couldn't find a pair with a telescope.

Old October 2nd 04, 02:23 AM
Walt

Jim Papazissimos wrote:
lal wrote:

Walt wrote:

Ah! You must be on very good terms with Ullr and Skadi. They

confided their plans ... What kind of offering did you sacrifice?

I think he promised to spend most of the season in Rochester.

LOL, true, we don't have to travel far to find snow (usually).

Now if we only had mountains, this would be heaven. OK, that's a slight
exaggeration.

Count your blessings. Bristol is actually not that bad. I wish I had
a ski hill as good as Bristol that close. As it is Bristol is about a
seven or eight hour drive, and it's probably the best place to ski
within seven or eight hours of here.

And. yes, I'll be spending most of this season in Michigan. My
sacrifice to Ullr and Skadi. I hope you all appreciate it.

--
// Walt
//