Speaking of Lame Ski Sites. . .

Old November 20th 04, 03:55 AM
vbenares

Default Speaking of Lame Ski Sites. . .

Try checking out the mountain maps for Keystone:

http://vail.instawatch.com/Key0405Wi...r_content.html

Can any normal person actually use things like this?

Old November 20th 04, 04:43 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-11-20, vbenares penned:
Try checking out the mountain maps for Keystone:

http://vail.instawatch.com/Key0405Wi...r_content.html

Can any normal person actually use things like this?

I doubt I'm normal, but I sure can't.

I ended up having to go to the resort and get a trail map directly =P

If that's not convenient for you, perhaps I can find last year's map and mail
it to you? Or even this year's, once I go there.

--
monique

Old November 20th 04, 04:45 PM
Steve FZ1

I think it's pretty cool. Since the actual trail map is so huge, you really
can't get a readable version on the screen that gives you the full
perspective, so you just find where you want to go and used the arrows and
+/- keys to zoom in.

Unfortunately, I can't verify that it doesn't take a rocket scientist, since
I am a rocket scientist of sorts.... :-)

- Steve

hlink.net...

Old November 21st 04, 01:35 PM
vbenares

We went to Breck instead, since we couldn't figure out how large an area
was actually open at Keystone.

Old November 22nd 04, 05:33 PM
Chuck

vbenares wrote in news:J9xnd.30436$KJ6.19598
@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Try checking out the mountain maps for Keystone:

http://vail.instawatch.com/Key0405Wi...r_content.html

Can any normal person actually use things like this?

I find it pretty easy to use myself.

Old November 22nd 04, 08:09 PM
Mary Malmros

Chuck wrote:
vbenares wrote in news:J9xnd.30436$KJ6.19598
@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Try checking out the mountain maps for Keystone:

http://vail.instawatch.com/Key0405Wi...r_content.html

Can any normal person actually use things like this?

I find it pretty easy to use myself.

I found that I could zoom in, but never zoom out. Was that just me?

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

Old November 22nd 04, 11:52 PM
Janet

Mary Malmros wrote:
Chuck wrote:

vbenares wrote in news:J9xnd.30436$KJ6.19598
@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Try checking out the mountain maps for Keystone:

http://vail.instawatch.com/Key0405Wi...r_content.html

Can any normal person actually use things like this?

I find it pretty easy to use myself.

I found that I could zoom in, but never zoom out. Was that just me?

I didn't have any problems with navigating the map. Maybe older software
can't handle it?

Janet

Old November 23rd 04, 02:37 AM
vbenares

vbenares wrote:
Try checking out the mountain maps for Keystone:

http://vail.instawatch.com/Key0405Wi...r_content.html

Can any normal person actually use things like this?

I can zoom in but cannot expand the map "window" - it occupies just a
bit more than a quarter of my screen with the rest being white. And by
the time I can read the names of the runs, there is no way to see where
the run starts and/or where it ends - that's kind of a big reason to use
a map.

What's wrong with a nice static jpg - at least as an option?