Bestselling Skiing Books

Old January 19th 05, 05:24 PM
pada

Default Bestselling Skiing Books

Great list.

Ronald Furgenson wrote:
Check out the top 10 bestselling books on Skiing:

1.
Anyone Can Be an Expert Skier : The Definitive Shaped Ski Owner's
Guide
by Harald R. Harb

Check it out at:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...28206/bboslist

Price: $15.96
You Save: $3.99 (20%)

Book Description
All it takes to be an expert skier is the correct movements and the
right equipment. Anyone can be an Expert Skier helps you to learn
these movements, and to pick the equipment that's right for you. The
book features Harald Harb's Primary Movements Teaching System.

2.
Breakthrough on Skis : How to Get Out of the Intermediate Rut
by Lito Tejada-Flores

Check it out at:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...50819/bboslist

Price: $10.40
You Save: $2.60 (20%)

Amazon.com
Afraid to ski under the lift? Skip the black diamonds? Learn how to
ski the steep and deep with this original, readable guide designed
especially for the intermediate skier. Breakthrough on Skis, with its
point-by-point emphasis on technique, will help you tackle all sorts
of conditions and terrain.

3. Allen & Mike's Really Cool Telemark Tips : 109 Amazing Tips to
Improve Your Tele-Skiing (Falcon Guide)
by Mike Clelland, Allen O'Bannon

Check it out at:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...50819/bboslist

Price: $10.36
You Save: $2.59 (20%)

A reviewer, July 1, 1999
In a sport where the difference between bliss and biff has a narrow
margin, the illustrations of Mr. Clelland show important technical
tips that will help all level of free heel skiers.
Mike you are my hero. I've spent my decade in NYC - make room for me!

4.
Free-Heel Skiing : Telemark and Parallel Techniques for All
Conditions
by Paul Parker, et al

Check it out at:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...64127/bboslist

Price: $15.96
You Save: $3.99 (20%)

Amazon.com
In this bible for telemark skiers, author Paul Parker covers
everything you'll need to know to free your heel.

5.
The All-Mountain Skier: The Way to Expert Skiing
by Mark Elling, et al

Check it out at:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...18641/bboslist

Price: $15.16
You Save: $3.79 (20%)

Book Description
The All-Mountain Skier helps intermediate-level skiers advance their
skills with a foolproof, self-instructional program for mastering
"extreme skiing" in even the most challenging conditions. Elling
delivers essential advice and information--including tips from other
expert skiers--to help readers experience full potential

6.
The Athletic Skier
by Warren Witherell, David Evrard

Check it out at:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...61173/bboslist

Our Price: $19.96
You Save: $4.99 (20%)

Amazon.com
With diagrams, photos, and extensive instruction from the experts,

The
Athletic Skier is designed to improve the skills of skiers concerned
with equipment, technique, and training details. The authors conclude
that the majority of recreational skiers are skiing far below their
potential.

7. The Blue Book of European Ski Resorts 1999-2000 (5th Ed)
by Robert Enzel, et al

Check it out at:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...65355/bboslist

Our Price: $15.16
You Save: $3.79 (20%)

A reviewer, February 22, 1999
best guide of its kind
We planned our entire European ski vacation, including airline ticket
packages, with The Blue Book. It saved us a tremendous amount of time
and frustration. It is easy to read and has all the good information
we wanted to know. Best of all it is small enough to carry around so
we could take it anywhere!

8. Allen and Mike's Really Cool Backcountry Ski Book : Traveling

and
Camping Skills for a Winter
by Allen O'Bannon, Mike Clelland (Illustrator)

Check it out at:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...00766/bboslist

Price: $12.95

David Jenkins, January 11, 2000
Allen & Mikes Really Cool Backcountry Ski Book
Everything I have learned the hard way in 10+ years of snow camping,
is in this book! This book is written with wit and humor and great
illustrations. This book is required reading for my scout troop

before
they can pack their first pack for our winter campouts!

9.
The Good Skiing & Snowboarding Guide 1999 : The Essential Guide to
What's What and Where's Where in 500 Ski Resorts Across Five
Continents
by Peter Hardy(Editor), Felice Eyston (Editor)

Check it out at:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...19096/bboslist

Our Price: $21.21
You Save: $3.74 (15%)

Amazon.com
Whether you're a certified ski bum in search of the world's best
powder run, or a parent planning your family's winter vacation, this
international ski and snowboard guide offers plenty of choices for

the
destination skier. With detailed descriptions and ratings for the top
500 ski resorts around.

10.
Skiing and the Art of Carving
by Ellen Post Foster, et al

Check it out at:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...19096/bboslist

Price: $17.95

Jay Evans, PSIA National Demonstration Team
Mastery of any sport requires an intimate understanding of the
individual pieces that make up the whole. Skiing and the Art of
Carving is a brilliant use of skill development and exercises that
combine the traditional needs of high level skiing with the exciting
potential of the newest equipment.

Tai Chi Skiing yunlong Alpine Skiing 8 December 17th 04 04:50 PM
Masters Skiing Camps Nordic Skiing Instruction Nordic Skiing 0 November 1st 04 01:47 PM
RFC - The Nordic Skiing Project the Nordic Skiing Project Nordic Skiing 2 September 24th 04 05:50 PM
Near fatal ski incident Me Nordic Skiing 22 February 27th 04 02:47 PM
many more books about XC skiing Ken Roberts Nordic Skiing 0 August 8th 03 01:21 PM