broken snowboard

Old November 28th 03, 09:06 PM
sporty.zimowe

Default broken snowboard

I going to buy a Nidecker Snowboard, but there is a problem that snowboard
is broken (delamination after one season in mountain) and fixed by
authorised serwis of nidecker.
Please tell me that snowboard will be good for beginer in snowboard and that
defect of snowboard won't be dangereus for snowboarder.
All pleasure is my
Wojmag

Old December 2nd 03, 02:29 PM
Snowboardripper

If you get a really good deal on it go for it. If not do not get
ripped off. The delam is hard to fix. I did not see the board so I
do not know how bad it is. But I had a board from K2 which
delaminated and I got it fixed but it just kept delaminating by the
end of the season. Most of the time it is cosmetic. The problem is
that the snow gets between the sheets and freezes and melts.
Make sure they give you a huge discount on it, what do they say if it
delaminates again? Will they replace it, repair it or is it a second
and you get the shaft? The problem is that it is caused by a defect
in the manufacturing process. The question is what was the defect and
how serious is it?
Old December 3rd 03, 04:43 PM
snoig

"sporty.zimowe" wrote in message ...
I going to buy a Nidecker Snowboard, but there is a problem that snowboard
is broken (delamination after one season in mountain) and fixed by
authorised serwis of nidecker.
Please tell me that snowboard will be good for beginer in snowboard and that
defect of snowboard won't be dangereus for snowboarder.
All pleasure is my
Wojmag

Usually delams are caused by bad manufacturing (incorrect layup, not
enough glue etc). Unless you are getting it for next to nothing, or
it still carries a good warrenty, I'd stay away from it. I did have
one board that delamed and the manufacturer fixed and I didn't have
any problems after that. Turned out that they put a layer of
fiberglass on backwards.

snoig

Snowboard Forums ? Rob Snowboarding 2 December 31st 03 03:58 PM
Snowboard Manufacturers and Retail Outlets BarB Snowboarding 2 November 25th 03 02:07 AM
FS: Oxbow snowboard Jacket brand new Craig Corbett Snowboarding 1 October 6th 03 04:08 PM
Is this snowboard too long for me? Gary H Snowboarding 5 September 25th 03 02:44 PM
Snowboard FAQ - URL only Switters Snowboarding 0 August 6th 03 07:54 AM