Pineapple Express

Old December 12th 14, 11:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Pineapple Express

Maybe this is the beginning of the predicted El Nino winter. Here in SD County, it has been raining steadily all day, enough to soak the ground, but not quite to cause the drainage swales around the house to run. Further north, the rain was heavier, closing a few roads and sinking a few houses in mud.

The webcams at Mammoth showed snow coming down all day, and the sensors showed a foot or so accumulated overnight (although the online weather said winds were over 100 mph at the peak).

At Big Bear, the lake is filling up, but I couldn't tell from the webcams if it was properly snowing or just foggy. This is a warm storm originating out in the Pacific near Hawaii, so it may just turn to rain down at the base.
Old December 13th 14, 07:13 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 12/12/2014 03:24 PM, Richard Henry wrote:
Maybe this is the beginning of the predicted El Nino winter. Here in
SD County, it has been raining steadily all day, enough to soak the
ground, but not quite to cause the drainage swales around the house
to run. Further north, the rain was heavier, closing a few roads and
sinking a few houses in mud.

The webcams at Mammoth showed snow coming down all day, and the
sensors showed a foot or so accumulated overnight (although the
online weather said winds were over 100 mph at the peak).

At Big Bear, the lake is filling up, but I couldn't tell from the
webcams if it was properly snowing or just foggy. This is a warm
storm originating out in the Pacific near Hawaii, so it may just turn
to rain down at the base.

They claimed it was snowing and expected a foot overnight. Still not
enough, but getting there...

Heavy rain here and in Glendale, but by the time we got into LA around
11:00 it was lovely and sunny.

--
Cheers, Bev
All the toilets were stolen out of the police station.
Old December 13th 14, 03:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Friday, December 12, 2014 4:24:59 PM UTC-7, Richard Henry wrote:

I've heard 14" of rain in one spot in N. Cal. Big Sur got a lot too. But I bet most of that just runs back into the ocean. I hope some of that comes in places that it can run into a reservoir. I also heard about the high winds at Mammoth. That could drive some of that wet glop into a good base.

But I'm going to Phoenix Friday. Mmmmmmmmm warm!

Old December 14th 14, 03:31 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Saturday, December 13, 2014 7:59:11 AM UTC-8, pigo wrote:
On Friday, December 12, 2014 4:24:59 PM UTC-7, Richard Henry wrote:

I've heard 14" of rain in one spot in N. Cal. Big Sur got a lot too. But I bet most of that just runs back into the ocean. I hope some of that comes in places that it can run into a reservoir. I also heard about the high winds at Mammoth. That could drive some of that wet glop into a good base.

But I'm going to Phoenix Friday. Mmmmmmmmm warm!

Reservoir levels up north show sharp jumps, but they are still way below average and there usually a jump at this time of year anyway. The truth will be in the depth of the snowpack we get this year.

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cdecapp/res...phsMain.action

Old December 14th 14, 03:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sat, 13 Dec 2014 19:31:38 -0800 (PST), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

On Saturday, December 13, 2014 7:59:11 AM UTC-8, pigo wrote:
But I'm going to Phoenix Friday. Mmmmmmmmm warm!

Reservoir levels up north show sharp jumps, but they are still way
below average and there usually a jump at this time of year anyway.
The truth will be in the depth of the snowpack we get this year.

Too bad you dumbasses live in a desert. I have the largest supply of
fresh water just outside my door. Sucks to be you.

Merry Christmas everyone. God bless us all.
God bless America.
Old December 14th 14, 04:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Sunday, December 14, 2014 8:12:19 AM UTC-7, wrote:

Too bad you dumbasses live in a desert. I have the largest supply of
fresh water just outside my door. Sucks to be you.

Living in the desert is really nice. I think they could do a lot to alleviate the water problem by getting rid of the millions of people there using it that are not entitled to be there at all. That's a start anyway.

Old December 14th 14, 04:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 08:10:58 -0800 (PST), pigo
wrote this crap:

On Sunday, December 14, 2014 8:12:19 AM UTC-7, wrote:

Too bad you dumbasses live in a desert. I have the largest supply of
fresh water just outside my door. Sucks to be you.

Living in the desert is really nice.

How can that be possible? Even rats don't want to live in a desert.

I think they could do a lot to alleviate the water problem by getting
rid of the millions of people there using it that are not entitled
to be there at all. That's a start anyway.

If you people wouldn't feed them maybe they would go away.

Old December 14th 14, 08:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

On 2014-12-14 16:10:58 +0000, pigo said:

On Sunday, December 14, 2014 8:12:19 AM UTC-7, wrote:

Too bad you dumbasses live in a desert. I have the largest supply of
fresh water just outside my door. Sucks to be you.

Living in the desert is really nice. I think they could do a lot to
alleviate the water problem by getting rid of the millions of people
there using it that are not entitled to be there at all. That's a start
anyway.

I realize you're not terribly interested in facts, but California's
population is about 7% illegal aliens.

And since agriculture in California accounts for 80% of the water used
in the state...

....and the vast majority of that agriculture is exported...

....the 1.4% of water usage you could get back from getting rid of
absolutely every illegal alien really isn't going to change anything
much at all.

By contrast, fully 10% of California's water is being used for Almond farming.

Sorry... ...you can go back to blaming the illegals now.

:-)