Snowboarding prejudice continues...

Old September 28th 03, 05:06 PM
Sam

Default Snowboarding prejudice continues...

Take a look at what these assholes over at Mammoth Lakes Condo rentals
have on their webpage (taken from
http://www.mammothcondos.com/infosheet.htm):

Start of quote-

Helmets:

When a 160+ pound snowboarder straps on a snowboard he looses 25
points in IQ. The most important purpose of helmets are to protect
your children from others on the mountain. My 7 year old was hit by a
160 pound snowboarder on Downhill and he flew 20 yards. I saw the
entire thing and my son did not have a helmet on. I went out an bought
a helmet for my entire family.

Butt Pads

Adults need these on their first day of snowboarding to minimize
tuning fork syndrome

End of quote-

I don't disagree with their intentions, as I agree having a helmet is
a good thing. But what a crappy, biased example. I have been hit
and/or have had to take evasive action from out of control skiers at
least as often as I've had to do with snowboarders.

I'd guess the "info" was written by some jaded skier, still stuck in
some 1988 mentality. It's one thing if they're just ranting at RAS,
but to write that on a commercial webpage is just strange and
unprofessional. I say avoid that lodging place if you can!
Old September 28th 03, 09:06 PM
Scott T. Lindner

You gotta agree with them. Skiers don't ever need to wax their skiis or
adjust their bindings.

Scott

om...

----

Old September 29th 03, 10:05 AM
DC Dean

Butt Pads

Adults need these on their first day of snowboarding to minimize
tuning fork syndrome

What's tuning fork syndrome?

Old September 29th 03, 11:55 AM
Scott T. Lindner

What's tuning fork syndrome?

I think it's going to be when you walk without moving anything in your legs.
You just keep them locked in their position and rotate from one leg to the
next to walk.

Scott

Old September 29th 03, 01:55 PM
Mike T

When a 160+ pound snowboarder straps on a snowboard he looses 25
points in IQ.

Well, Danny (condo owner), how many points do you "loose" for spelling
mistakes?

-Mike T

Old September 29th 03, 02:20 PM
Snowboardripper

Butt Pads

Adults need these on their first day of snowboarding to minimize
tuning fork syndrome

I wear mountain bike butt pad when snowboarding. It protects the
tights as well. When you go off a jump and land squirly you are
protected. Also your butt is never cold or wet.
The rule on rails especially for spills. If you are pushing the limit
and want to avoid writing and entry into the Poo files then Butt pads
rule!
Old October 31st 03, 12:37 AM

Helmets:

" I went out an bought a helmet for my entire family."

Big spender! I wonder if the entire family uses the helmet at the same
time?!?!

Old November 17th 03, 04:43 PM
Brian

What's the IQ of a man who doesn't put a helmet on his 7 year old son
in the first place?

Brian.
Old December 1st 03, 08:24 AM
Danny Jensen

(Brian) wrote in message . com...
What's the IQ of a man who doesn't put a helmet on his 7 year old son
in the first place?

Brian.

I apologize for the statement I made on the web page
http://www.mammothcondos.com/infosheet.htm . This page has been
changed. I too am a snowboarder and I understand I was wrong.

Danny
Old December 4th 03, 01:25 PM
Waco Paco

Well the guy did say this:

"TIP: Convert from skiing to boarding. I skied for 20 years and
converted at age 40. Boarding is 3 times as fun as skiing and the boots
are comfortable. Your skills from skiing transfer to boarding!!. Make
sure you have helmet, wrist guards and butt guard on your first day!
Skiers will need them because they will tend to be unafraid of speed.
You learn your first lessons by hitting the ground hard."

3 times better than skkiing is pretty good.