New bindings for my board

Old November 19th 09, 11:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
TC

Default New bindings for my board

So I'm in my second season of snowboarding and want to upgrade my set
up. I've got a new Never Summer Legacy and want to upgrade my
Bindings. I'm thinking about either Ride Spi or Salomon Relay, but I'm
open to ideas and would like some direct. I'm mostly a free rider,
haven't really tried park stuff yet, might try it depending on how my
skill increases this season. Any help would be great. Thanks!
Old January 1st 10, 07:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Spark

On Nov 19 2009, 3:26*pm, TC wrote:
So I'm in my second season of snowboarding and want to upgrade my set
up. I've got a new Never Summer Legacy and want to upgrade my
Bindings. I'm thinking about either Ride Spi or Salomon Relay, but I'm
open to ideas and would like some direct. I'm mostly a free rider,
haven't really tried park stuff yet, might try it depending on how my
skill increases this season. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Hey TC;
I'm in my 6th year of boarding after skiing for 20+ years. I really
like the Flow bindings. No pressure points, exceptional control and
absolutely no need to sit down to strap in. You just put your foot in,
pull up the fastback and off you go. They also have the added
advantage of being able to slip your foot into the open one when you
are on the chair to relieve the weight on the leg that is still
strapped in. There are a lot of haters out there about this particular
brand, I have no idea why, maybe because the bindings are
'different'. I've been using them for 5 years and cannot find anything
wrong with them and lots that is good. JMHO
Mark
Old January 6th 10, 11:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Alex

On 2010-01-01 19:26:20 +0000, Spark said:

On Nov 19 2009, 3:26Â*pm, TC wrote:
[...]

I've been snowboarding for about 7 years now, and used to have Flow
bindings and loved them. I don't know why people don't like them
either. But I just bought completely new gear and went for the K2 Cinch
bindings and am in love. I'ts the best of both worlds. Lightweight
fast/easy access and absolutely great build quality.
In case you're wondering I also got the Batalleon Undisputed 159 board
and Vans Cirro boots
Alex

Old January 9th 10, 03:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

On 2010-01-01 19:26:20 +0000, Spark said:

On Nov 19 2009, 3:26*pm, TC wrote:
[...]

Alex- Hide quoted text -

I've had Drake bindings for about 6 years now. Very happy with
them. Great bindings and great customer service. When I needed to
replace a broken strap, called them and they sent me out 4 of them for
free. Then when the bindings were about 3 years old, getting of the
lift I had the lift come down on the back which I left raised and it
broke. Called them up again. The bindings were red and they no
longer had red backs for the old bindings, but offered to send 2 new
silver ones for free. Put them on and they look great, you'd never
know they weren't shipped that way. Given that experience, I will be
looking at Drake first when it's time for new ones.
Old January 20th 10, 02:51 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Mike M. Miskulin

Alex wrote in

I've been snowboarding for about 7 years now, and used to have Flow
bindings and loved them. I don't know why people don't like them
either. But I just bought completely new gear and went for the K2 Cinch
bindings and am in love. I'ts the best of both worlds. Lightweight
fast/easy access and absolutely great build quality.
In case you're wondering I also got the Batalleon Undisputed 159 board
and Vans Cirro boots
Alex

I found that the Flows I had once used had too much give and that I
didn't have as good control, especially in bumps.

I've been riding on Nidecker Carbon P900. Comfortable and very
adjustable bindings. I did have a little bit of a hard time getting
some replacement ladders from the USA rep. but ultimately did get
them. Which brings up two important considerations with bindings.
Ability to replace broken parts in a timely manner. If you are
travelling or ride often at different mountains having uncommon
bindings can be a problem. This leads to point two, never toss
your old bindings and its probably worthwhile to keep them in your
car during the season, just in case.

Alex do the high backs rotate on those K2s?

Mike