flow bindings

Old January 13th 04, 08:19 PM
jakob

Default flow bindings

I rented the flow board/bindings today. I tried them for the first time
today and I really liked them. But, one snap lock wasn't working properly,
the part that is holding the snap lock (sorry for my bad english), a small
tube that goes trough the little holes and is attaching snap lock to the
binding seemd to be broken, the tube, (I don't know the proper word but I
supose those who saw the bindings know what I am talking about, I am not
talking about the cabel, or the part that "klicks" into the binding), when I
shook the board, fell out. I managed to put some duck tape an it worked
normally but something was broken for sure. The plastick part that klicks
into the binding was "eaten" and it didn't held (It was ok when I put the
boot inside, but by itself it didn't hold without the boot, the same thing
wasn't the case with the other binding). It is a new binding for sure,
binding that has been driven maybe just few times this year, it is a quality
pro series binding and it was somehow busted. Did this happen to anyone
else. If I buy these bindings this year I don't wan't to have to buy new
ones next year, and they were great to ride no matter the busted snap lock.
Any similar expirience. The snap lock just seems so fragile to me. Sorry for
the long post.....

j.

Old January 15th 04, 04:24 AM
mr E

"jakob" wrote in message ...
[...]

Not sure what model binding you rented, but I do know that Flow has a
specific model for rentals, and then the usual consumer line. I haven't had
any problems with the Pro 11 model, and it doesnt appear to be very flimsy
in the area you described. Its probably the fact that rentals tend to get a
bit trashed and abused by people who don't really care, because "its not
their's". I would recommend the Flows as long as you liked them and your
only problem was the one you mentioned.