Vermont Next Week ?

Old March 30th 04, 03:35 PM
Ron

Default Vermont Next Week ?

I was hoping to get one last ski trip in but the weather doesn't appear to
be cooperating . I might have to put a little more zest in my snow dance .
The rain in the forecast for the next few days isn't helping . Is there
anyplace still worth skiing or is it a wash for the season ? I usually go to
Mt Snow but am willing to go to Killington if that is better . I need just 1
more time before I call it quits , any help from anyone who skis in that
area would be appreciated .
thanx
Ron

Old March 30th 04, 09:21 PM
Dick Gozinya

On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 15:35:05 GMT, "Ron" wrote:

I was hoping to get one last ski trip in but the weather doesn't appear to
be cooperating . I might have to put a little more zest in my snow dance .
The rain in the forecast for the next few days isn't helping . Is there
anyplace still worth skiing or is it a wash for the season ? I usually go to
Mt Snow but am willing to go to Killington if that is better . I need just 1
more time before I call it quits , any help from anyone who skis in that
area would be appreciated .
thanx
Ron

Okemo, I was there last week and it was in excellent shape
Old March 31st 04, 12:05 AM
TCS

I heard good reports from Loon (NH) last week.

TCS (The Colorado Skier)
Colorado Springs - Gateway to Colorado Ski Country
Old March 31st 04, 12:35 AM
lal_truckee

TCS wrote:

TCS (The Colorado Skier)
Colorado Springs - Gateway to Colorado Ski Country

What skiing can you get to faster from the Springs than you can from Denver?
And vice versa?
Old March 31st 04, 05:39 AM
TCS

LAL asks:

What skiing can you get to faster from the Springs than you can from Denver?
And vice versa?

SPRINGS: Monarch, Crested Butte, Telluride, Durango, Wolf Creek, Cuchara,
Taos, Santa Fe, etc.

Breck - close and no Denver traffic

Ski Broadmoor and Pikes Peak (back in the day)

DENVER: All of the rest

[And, for all the ski areas, you get to use the beautiful new uncrowded COS
airport and not DIA.]

Old March 31st 04, 04:50 PM
lal_truckee

TCS wrote:
LAL asks:

What skiing can you get to faster from the Springs than you can from Denver?
And vice versa?

SPRINGS: Monarch, Crested Butte, Telluride, Durango, Wolf Creek, Cuchara,
Taos, Santa Fe, etc.

Breck - close and no Denver traffic

Ski Broadmoor and Pikes Peak (back in the day)

DENVER: All of the rest

[And, for all the ski areas, you get to use the beautiful new uncrowded COS
airport and not DIA.]

I know about the latter - I've done work for Space Command and for
Falcon. Always prefered to fly to the Springs - DIA and it's predecessor
were always a PitA.
Old April 3rd 04, 02:51 AM
ant

"Ron" wrote
I was hoping to get one last ski trip in but the weather doesn't appear to
be cooperating . I might have to put a little more zest in my snow dance .
The rain in the forecast for the next few days isn't helping . Is there
anyplace still worth skiing or is it a wash for the season ?

I tried emailing but it bounced. Well, at Stowe there is still plenty of
snow on The Mountain. It's been raining here the past few days, but this
morning when we went up for early runs, it was frozen at the top. And on
tonight's TV news, it said it was snowing on Mt Mansfield.
Many runs are bumped up, and slush bumps are fun. They groom the main runs,
and they are holding up rather well. If the forcast snow comes (and I'm sure
it will), we might be in for some really good skiing.
As it is, it's surprisingly good here. Oh, and no crowds.

ant

Old April 3rd 04, 02:51 PM
Ron

Yep Stowe is a little far for me ( Long Island NY ), I was hoping for some
snow in southern Vermont . I'm watching the weather reports and hoping for a
cold front to move in Sunday or Monday and hopefully dump a few inches to
replace the damage the rain has done . If not then it looks like this might
be the end of season for me . Amazing how quick things can turn bad , Only 2
weeks ago Mt. Snow had AMAZING conditions and last week Stratton certainly
wasn't hurting . Then the rain came and everything turns bad . If anyone is
going anywhere in Southern Vermont this coming week , hopefully they can
report back on the conditions .
thanx
Ron

"ant" wrote in message

"Ron" wrote
I was hoping to get one last ski trip in but the weather doesn't appear

be cooperating . I might have to put a little more zest in my snow dance

..