La Plagne 1800

Old December 30th 04, 03:32 PM
Rock The Piste

Default La Plagne 1800

Anyone been there - i'm going on 15th Jan, i've been to La Plagne before but
stayed in Plagne Soleil. Is 1800 walkable from Plagne Centre?

Nick
_____________________
www.rockthepiste.co.uk

Old December 30th 04, 04:17 PM
k_mm

"Rock The Piste" wrote in message
Anyone been there - i'm going on 15th Jan, i've been to La Plagne before

but
stayed in Plagne Soleil. Is 1800 walkable from Plagne Centre?

Its walkable but AFAIK there is a bus that passes through frequently.
Depends on time of day you are walking down. Cant think in terms of walking
time as the coach down seemed to leave La Plagne and arrive in 1800 before I
had time to take my jacket off. Walking I would guess at least 10-15 mins,
that could be on the optimistic side of things.
http://www.la-plagne.com/panorama/Plagne.jpg

Had a nice time there last year and going back this year with the family to
Plagne Soleil. Arrived in time for 4 days of easter snow. Bit hopeful to get
it so good again I suppose

Kevin.

Old December 31st 04, 03:58 PM
Rock The Piste

I stayed in Plagne Soleil last year and it was great. There are only several
shops and a pub or two. But its all you need really - a spar that sells
everything, a bar on the piste that sells mulled wine and a pub selling
speckled hen!

Plagne Centre was a 2 mins walk and automated Teleski ride away.

But the best part was the complete ski in / ski out!

Enjoy!

Nick
__________________________
www.rockthepiste.co.uk/forums

. ..

Old January 4th 05, 03:24 PM
Sarah Eggleston

Anyone been there - i'm going on 15th Jan, i've been to La Plagne before

but

stayed in Plagne Soleil. Is 1800 walkable from Plagne Centre?

Its walkable but AFAIK there is a bus that passes through frequently.
Depends on time of day you are walking down. Cant think in terms of
walking
time as the coach down seemed to leave La Plagne and arrive in 1800 before
had time to take my jacket off. Walking I would guess at least 10-15 mins,
that could be on the optimistic side of things.
http://www.la-plagne.com/panorama/Plagne.jpg

Had a nice time there last year and going back this year with the family
Plagne Soleil. Arrived in time for 4 days of easter snow. Bit hopeful to
get
it so good again I suppose

Kevin.

We stayed in Plagne 1800 a few years ago. From a skiing point of view
it's slightly out on a limb compared with the other villages, but I
gather they've upgraded the main chairlift up to Aime since then so it
may well have improved. And it's still better than lots of other
resorts. The bus connections work fine.

La Plagne is a family resort, so there isn't a huge amount of nightlife,
but it's also a chalet resort and chalet staff are pretty good at
creating their own. I'd find the nearest tour rep when you get there
and ask them where the best pubs are - likely there's a pub crawl too.
Even if you're travelling independently the reps are easy to spot
(identical jackets) and usually helpful over drinking questions.

-Sarah