To pole or not to pole

Old January 22nd 05, 01:52 PM
tiandiren

Walt wrote:
VtSkier wrote:
Mary Malmros wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:

I think he's a fake in this incarnation, a fake in his previous
incarnation as Yun, and a fake when he came around a couple of

years
ago.

Winter '03? What was his incarnation then?

Ichin Shen

It still is. See http://www.taomartialarts.com/ski/ski_lesson.html

don't remember Itchy from a couple of years ago, but maybe I

repressed it.

For further background, I'll have Sherman set the Wayback machine to

7
years and two days:

http://www.mtsu.edu/~jpurcell/Taichi...ages/2144.html

"So, Mr. Shen is a person of limited training who bases his style on
probably the worst Taijiquan routine to be created since 1950. With

this
in mind, how good could he be? Not very. And he LOVES to get into
arguments with people. I have yet to see a post where his arrogance

did
not end up in name calling. So, it is best to just ignore him and
perhaps he will go away. He is, after all, really only interested in
making a name for himself and making money through Taijiquan. In
themselves, there is nothing wrong with that, but he has yet to learn

well, humble himself to a teacher in exchange for training....so he

has
neither the knowledge, temperment, nor background to be of any

concern
to anyone."

If you want to draw conclusion from a partial quote, why bother even go
through the internet? Just image one and make believe that was true,
like most foolish people do, will do.

"Yup, those conceited lower characters act pretty much the same
everywhere on the net."

Nice to know that there are some constants one can depend upon
in this chaotic life.

Yup, that proves I was right, the great knowledge pursues perfection,
and little knowledge wrangles on small talks.
sting

=20
--=20
//-Walt
//
// There is no V=F6lkl Conspiracy

Old January 22nd 05, 03:30 PM
snoig

"yunlong" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, let's see the quote:

Before you ask, I ski "diamond runs" that are harder than
that all the time in bumps, powder and crud...in tele gear.

I did that too,
http://www.taomartialarts.com/ski/ski_p_chasel6.jpg
at Breckenridge, 1985.

Ok, technically you didn't say it was a diamond run but you
certainly inferred that it was.

That's your own read. Actually I did mean I did bumps, powder,
crud...in tele gear as well, just the picture didn't show that.

Yes, that is my own read but it's also the same read that you wanted us all
to see. First you infer that the run was a diamond run with bumps, powder
and crud. Then you try to calim that 20 years ago they didn't groom that
high then you claim you were only illustrating your tele technique.
However, you still have not admitted that this picture was on a groomed blue
run. There is no doubt in anyone's mind that you are trying to decieve us.
If you cannot tell the truth about your skills, how can you expect anyone to
believe you? Bottom line again, you are not delivering what you are trying
to sell. It's called fraud!

Try this one,
http://www.taomartialarts.com/ski/ski_p_tele3.jpg
Artic Valley, AK '82-83

So, what's your point? You do have poles in this picture.

It still makes my point about being dishonest and
trying to sell something that you can't deliver.

Guess you would now insist that I show you a picture of I ski in cruds
before you can tell whether or not I can handle cruds?

That would be a good start. You claim you can do it, show us the proof.

In an attempt to put my words down, you have dishonored yourself.

"Lacking other options, the defeated intellect soon resorts to hurling
insults."

No, it's everybodys business.

Why? Does it bruise your ego?

No, but you as an instructor are claiming you can do something
that you can't do.

"In an attempt to put my words down, you have dishonored yourself."

"Lacking other options, the defeated intellect soon resorts to hurling
insults."

You are saying you are a ski instructor and
placing yourself in a position of authority.

I'm free lancing.

And your point would be?

"I'm free lancing."
http://www.taomartialarts.com/ski/ski_lesson.html

Does mean you are saying you are not an instructor, just a freelancer? It's
all starting to make sense now.

Then you make authorative claims that just are not true
and you see no reason to back them up.

I have back up my claims plenty, whether or not you want to
see it is depended on your honesty and intelligent.

We still have not seen you doing 'flat-boarding' on a true diamond or

double
diamond slope. So where have you backed up those claims? We all

want to
see it. Everyone here really wants to see you on a 40+ degree slope

with no
poles. You haven't backed up that claim, speaking of honesty.

"I have back up my claims plenty, whether or not you want to see it is
depended on your honesty and intelligent."

No, you have not. You claim you can "flat-board" on diamond and double
diamond slopes in curd and powder yet you have provided nothing even close
to proof. Whether or not you see a need to provide this depends on your
honesty, intelligence and integrity. We would all like to see you deliver
what you are trying to sell.

That's only your self-righteous insinuation, and you haven't proved

my
way of skiing would fail in the given circumstances. In other

words, a
small talk--you are wrong, and I'm right--to boost your own ego.

Again, coherent english sentences please.

"In an attempt to put my words down, you have dishonored yourself."

"Lacking other options, the defeated intellect soon resorts to hurling
insults."

That's to say you don't know how to discern the picture.

Try to say something that is coherent and makes sense.

That was a coherent statement.

Ok, enlighten us. How do you discern the picture. I see two poor

skiers
with arms flailing, leaning into the hill to much on a groomed blue

run.

That's what you see from your lacked of integrity judgment, and do you
know what they were doing at that moment?

Tell us, what exactly is 'lacked of integrity judgment'? I can see what
they are doing at the moment, it's all in the picture. Leaning to far into
the hill with flailing high in the air. Anyone can see that.

Am I missing something?

Yup, the town on the upper right and the tree-line on the right, which
showed how "big" the run was, and how people on the lift watched the
performance (i.e. we didn't fall as you would like to insinuate.)

Are you trying to tell me that treeline is below you to the right? Maybe
you need to learn to interpret your own picture. Just how "big" the run is?
You are not even half way up the mountain, far below treeline. Maybe this
is "big" by your standards but around here this is just another blue run.
You can only call it "big" because most of it is a green run. The picture
was taken on the steepest part which is the only part that makes it a blue
run. Again, you are trying to sell something you are not delivering.

Please explain, Mr. Instructor what that is and give
some insight on how this knowledge will improve my skiing. You are

an
instructor are you not? This should be very easy for you. I hope

you don't
tell your students that they don't know how to discern the

instruction.

They know how to discern the instruction alright; only you who are
confused by your own lacked of sound judgment insinuation.

??? Let's try to make sense here. Again, coherent english sentances please.

No, sterile is when you can't make babies. Having some problems

on
the home front there yung?

No, sterile is when your idea doesn't produce a result.

Seems you've got quite a few sterile ideas.

Apparently my ideas are beyond your confused mind to grasp; it, (Tai
Chi that is,) has worked and produced results for at least two thousand
and five hundred years.

Tell me, where exactly did you study Tai Chi and what rank have you
obtained? Who was your master?

Trivial. The topic is about the "technique" of skiing,
not the trivial pursue of how many ways a pole can be used.

Ok then, everything you have said and showed us shows what
poor technique you have.

From your poor judgment, of course.

At this point, it is obvious to everyone but you who has the poor judgement.

Let's see some technique that impresses some people here. Here's
a hint, it needs to be on a true double black diamond trail that has

never
been groomed.

Are you going to sent me a photographer?

That would be a good place to start. Or how about a
professional quality bump run. You know, one that they actually have

a real
competition on, with jumps and everything.

Competition is another story; let's see how you can do on what you just
described.

This isn't about me, it's about your flat-boarding technique and if poles
are required.

When we can see you rip a
zipperline with no poles then you might start gaining some

credibility here.

What for? For you such lack of credibility, you'd just deny it.

Let's see the video. You can ski a zipperline with no poles, right?

So far, all you have shown us are things that most of us could do

over 20
years ago when we were learning and we have all improved dramatically

since
then.

Really? Show us how you do tele.

Again, this isn't about me.

Yes, but the topic is also about you saying things that just
are not true reguarding both technique and terrian.
Yup, in your partitioned mind.

So, where's the proof to un-partition my mind?

You only see a picture, nevertheless, apparently you don't think/know
how the scene was come to being.

So far you have provided nothing.

Maybe you are just another "eyes wide open shut,"

All we have seen are examples of poor skiing by someone who
claims to have superior skills.

In the realm of arrogance, denial reigns.

"Lacking other options, the defeated intellect soon resorts to hurling
insults."

Let's see some of those superior skills in a real
world situation off the blues on ungroomed runs.

"What for? For you such lack of credibility, you'd just deny it."

IS

So, you are admitting that you lack superior skills that can be used on true
diamond and double diamond trails. Speaking of lacking credibility.

Old January 22nd 05, 03:55 PM
pigo

"snoig" wrote in message

Yes, that is my own read but it's also the same read that you wanted us
all
to see. First you infer that the run was a diamond run with bumps, powder
and crud. Then you try to calim that 20 years ago they didn't groom that
high then you claim you were only illustrating your tele technique.
However, you still have not admitted that this picture was on a groomed
blue
run. There is no doubt in anyone's mind that you are trying to decieve
us.
If you cannot tell the truth about your skills, how can you expect anyone
believe you? Bottom line again, you are not delivering what you are
trying
to sell. It's called fraud!

That reminds me of a guy here that said something to the effect of ".....a
rapist I put in jail a few years back" then says "I never said I was a cop".
Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha.......

Maybe it's the same guy?

Old January 22nd 05, 04:13 PM
snoig

"pigo" wrote in message

"snoig" wrote in message

[...]

I'm begining to think so.

Old January 22nd 05, 04:19 PM
VtSkier

snoig wrote:
"pigo" wrote in message

[...]

Nah, the other guy could write an English sentence. BMDF.
Old January 23rd 05, 01:06 AM
rosco

tiandiren wrote:
snip a bunch of doodoo

Yunlong, this is the type of skiing that others have alluded
to. Not the minor bump run I watched in your video. Excuse
me if I seem callous,

You are; we both skied the "same run," yet when you skied, it was
"quite bumped out with some good-sized bumps," however, in my video
they become "minor bump," that sounds pretty hypocritical call, doesn't
it?

Yes, it usually is quite bumped out with some good-sized bumps and takes
skill to navigate well, but nonetheless, it is a minor bump run because
it is not very steep or technical. As that particular run gets steeper,
the bumps mellow out and is what I would still consider a minor bump run.

There is a very nice bump run at Sierra, though - Upper Dynamite
http://www.sierraattahoe.com/info/winter/trail-maps.asp. It is just
skier's left of the lift and is quite tasty with some nice rock features
and a fun, ever-changing fall line. Of course, Sierra-at-Tahoe is
really all about some great tree skiing in fresh snow. Especially on
windy days when other resorts are on wind hold.

but your student was quite bad on a run that would be a blue
at Alta or Jackson Hole or any other challenging ski resort.

Nevertheless, she'll kick your ass, any time,
http://www.taomartialarts.com/crn/crn_main.html

Of that, I do not doubt a second. What is sad is that a person of her
obvious athletic ability is learning a flawed way of skiing and will
have to unlearn bad habits. Then she will have a chance to find the
true soul of skiing.

Real skiing
is so much easier and so much more fun than what I watched.

For sure,
http://www.taomartialarts.com/ski/ski_p_ht_tcs4.jpg
Girdwood, AK, 1986-87

Please discontinue your unflagging devotion to your errored dogma.

Arrogant dogma is yours.

Just facts, yunlong. And if you would get off your cloud, you might
have a chance to see that.

To experience skiing in its upper levels is within your grasp.
And to do so is an sensation worth the pain of admitting that
something you believed in was wrong.

Small talk boosts your ego, eh?

I wish you the strength it will take to get there. Good luck.

Mediocre at its best.

If you choose to stay in the realm of mediocrity, so be it. Just spare
the knowing and unknowing the useless poppycock that you are famous for.
There is so much more to skiing than you seem to have a concept of and
I suspect that you could see that if you dropped the devotion to what
you believe to be a new and unique way to ski.

RAC

Old January 23rd 05, 01:33 PM
tiandiren

snoig wrote:
"yunlong" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, let's see the quote:

Before you ask, I ski "diamond runs" that are harder
than that all the time in bumps, powder and crud...in tele

gear.

I did that too,
http://www.taomartialarts.com/ski/ski_p_chasel6.jpg
at Breckenridge, 1985.

Ok, technically you didn't say it was a diamond run but
you certainly inferred that it was.

That's your own read. Actually I did mean I did bumps,
powder,crud...in tele gear as well, just the picture didn't show

that.

Yes, that is my own read but it's also the same read that you
wanted us all to see.

Not really, just you read it with a partitioned mind.

First you infer that the run was a diamond run with bumps,
powder and crud.

No, that's your infer through your partitioned mind.

Then you try to calim that 20 years ago they didn't groom that
high then you claim you were only illustrating your tele technique.

That was a matter of fact.

However, you still have not admitted that this picture was on
a groomed blue run.

I didn't say what that trail was, I didn't know, so I didn't say, and
neither did you, but you said it as though you were certain about it;
how are you sure that's "a groomed blue run"? (a lot of blacks 20 years
ago are groomed to blues nowadays.) Do you know what skis we wore?
(they should be visible on a "groomed" trail.)

There is no doubt in anyone's mind that you are trying to decieve us.

Sounded like you are trying deceive yourself, as to put down my skills
to elevate your ego.

If you cannot tell the truth about your skills, how can you expect

anyone to
believe you? Bottom line again, you are not delivering what you are

trying
to sell. It's called fraud!

Or a fraudulent call!

Try this one,
http://www.taomartialarts.com/ski/ski_p_tele3.jpg
Artic Valley, AK '82-83

So, what's your point?

Can't see I did tele in powder, or just in denial?

You do have poles in this picture.

I didn't say you cannot use poles in flatboarding, and yes, the poles
were in the way. They were tele/XC poles, that's why they were held
high to get them out of the way.

It still makes my point about being dishonest and
trying to sell something that you can't deliver.

Guess you would now insist that I show you a picture of I ski in

cruds
before you can tell whether or not I can handle cruds?

That would be a good start. You claim you can do it, show us the

proof.

Define your "cruds," I may have a picture laying around somewhere. As
you are so hot about cruds, let's see how you do it. Don't tell me you
are just another all-mouth.

In an attempt to put my words down, you have dishonored yourself.

"Lacking other options, the defeated intellect soon resorts to
hurling insults."

When you draw a conclusion based on facts that you don't know, you are
lying, and when you are lying to make an argument, you have dishonored
yourself.

No, it's everybodys business.

Why? Does it bruise your ego?

No, but you as an instructor are claiming you can do
something that you can't do.

"In an attempt to put my words down, you have dishonored yourself."

"Lacking other options, the defeated intellect soon resorts to
hurling insults."

When you draw a conclusion based on facts that you don't know, you are
lying, and when you are lying to make an argument, you have dishonored
yourself.

You are saying you are a ski instructor and
placing yourself in a position of authority.

I'm free lancing.

And your point would be?

"I'm free lancing."
http://www.taomartialarts.com/ski/ski_lesson.html

Does mean you are saying you are not an instructor, just a
freelancer?

Yes, I don't work for peanuts.

It's all starting to make sense now.

What sense do you make?

[...]

Want a picture? Send me a photographer (paid), or better yet, why don't
you drop by so you can verify it yourself?

[...]

Maybe you know the place, but you don't know flatboarding, nor you know
tele skiing, and you draw the conclusion based on the facts that you
don't know.

Do you know what "integrity" is?

I can see what
they are doing at the moment, it's all in the picture. Leaning to

far into
the hill with flailing high in the air. Anyone can see that.

Am I missing something?

Yup, the town on the upper right and the tree-line on the right,

which
showed how "big" the run was, and how people on the lift watched

the
performance (i.e. we didn't fall as you would like to insinuate.)

Are you trying to tell me that treeline is below you to the right?

Maybe
you need to learn to interpret your own picture. Just how "big" the

run is?

How "big" is Rocky Mountains?

You are not even half way up the mountain, far below treeline. Maybe

this
is "big" by your standards but around here this is just another blue

run.
You can only call it "big" because most of it is a green run. The

picture
was taken on the steepest part which is the only part that makes it a

blue
run. Again, you are trying to sell something you are not delivering.

Can't help it if your little knowledge cannot catch up.

Please explain, Mr. Instructor what that is and give
some insight on how this knowledge will improve my skiing. You

are
an
instructor are you not? This should be very easy for you. I

hope
you don't
tell your students that they don't know how to discern the

instruction.

They know how to discern the instruction alright; only you who are
confused by your own lacked of sound judgment insinuation.

??? Let's try to make sense here. Again, coherent english sentances

please.

"only you who are confused by your own lacked of sound judgment
insinuation," which words you don't understand?

No, sterile is when you can't make babies. Having some

problems
on
the home front there yung?

No, sterile is when your idea doesn't produce a result.

Seems you've got quite a few sterile ideas.

Apparently my ideas are beyond your confused mind to grasp;
it, (Tai Chi that is,) has worked and produced results for
at least two thousand and five hundred years.

Tell me, where exactly did you study Tai Chi and what rank
have you obtained?

From the ancient Chinese Classics, and there's no rank in Tai Chi.

Who was your master?

I have learned Tai Chi from the nature, gravity, and the natural
body--I have no human teacher in that regard.
http://www.taomartialarts.com/tji/tj...iandchuan.html

Trivial. The topic is about the "technique" of skiing,
not the trivial pursue of how many ways a pole can be used.

Ok then, everything you have said and showed us shows what
poor technique you have.

From your poor judgment, of course.

At this point, it is obvious to everyone but you who has the poor

judgement.

Not necessarily "everyone," just you are one of those.

Let's see some technique that impresses some people here.
Here's a hint, it needs to be on a true double black
diamond trail that has never been groomed.

Are you going to sent me a photographer?

That would be a good place to start. Or how about a
professional quality bump run. You know, one that they
actually have a real
competition on, with jumps and everything.

Competition is another story; let's see how you can do on
what you just described.

This isn't about me, it's about your flat-boarding technique
and if poles are required.

Harsh criticism on others, lightly overlook on your own inability? Yup,
you are a double standard hypocrite.

It is your credibility and integrity that are in question.

When we can see you rip a
zipperline with no poles then you might start gaining some
credibility here.

What for? For you such lack of credibility, you'd just deny it.

Let's see the video. You can ski a zipperline with no poles, right?

Want to see the video? Send me a photographer, and he better be able to
chase me.

[...]

You like to admitting for me, so you can cheat yourself to think that
you have won the argument, don't you?

It is your credibility and integrity that are in question.
Speaking of lacking credibility.

You can say that again.

tiendiren

Old January 23rd 05, 03:24 PM
snoig

"tiandiren" wrote in message
oups.com...
Then you try to calim that 20 years ago they didn't groom that
high then you claim you were only illustrating your tele technique.

That was a matter of fact.

That is not a matter of fact. It is a straight up lie on your part.

However, you still have not admitted that this picture was on
a groomed blue run.

I didn't say what that trail was, I didn't know, so I didn't say, and
neither did you, but you said it as though you were certain about it;
how are you sure that's "a groomed blue run"? (a lot of blacks 20 years
ago are groomed to blues nowadays.) Do you know what skis we wore?
(they should be visible on a "groomed" trail.)

Straight up lie. That trail is American on Peak 9. It has always been
groomed every night. And I know this because I have been skiing it for more
than 20 years.

If you cannot tell the truth about your skills, how can you expect

anyone to
believe you? Bottom line again, you are not delivering what you are

trying
to sell. It's called fraud!

Or a fraudulent call!

Fraud on your part plain and simple.

Define your "cruds," I may have a picture laying around somewhere. As
you are so hot about cruds, let's see how you do it. Don't tell me you
are just another all-mouth.

You're the one how said you can do your flat-boarding in crud, powder and
steeps. I like everyone else in this discussion would just like to see it.
Where's the proof? Must be another lie.

Want a picture? Send me a photographer (paid), or better yet, why don't
you drop by so you can verify it yourself?

Sorry, I don't waste my time skiing blue groomers.

Maybe you know the place, but you don't know flatboarding, nor you know
tele skiing, and you draw the conclusion based on the facts that you
don't know.

Do you know what "integrity" is?

You know nothing about me so how can you draw conclustions based on facts
you don't know?

Yup, the town on the upper right and the tree-line on the right,

which
showed how "big" the run was, and how people on the lift watched

the
performance (i.e. we didn't fall as you would like to insinuate.)

I never said you fell or insinuated it. It is a groomed blue run you know?

Are you trying to tell me that treeline is below you to the right?

Maybe
you need to learn to interpret your own picture. Just how "big" the

run is?

How "big" is Rocky Mountains?

Are you trying to tell me that treeline is below you to the right?

You are not even half way up the mountain, far below treeline. Maybe

this
is "big" by your standards but around here this is just another blue

run.
You can only call it "big" because most of it is a green run. The

picture
was taken on the steepest part which is the only part that makes it a

blue
run. Again, you are trying to sell something you are not delivering.

Can't help it if your little knowledge cannot catch up.

Can't help it if you evade the question.

"only you who are confused by your own lacked of sound judgment
insinuation," which words you don't understand?

Again, coherent english sentances please.

No, sterile is when you can't make babies. Having some

problems
on
the home front there yung?

No, sterile is when your idea doesn't produce a result.

Seems you've got quite a few sterile ideas.

Apparently my ideas are beyond your confused mind to grasp;
it, (Tai Chi that is,) has worked and produced results for
at least two thousand and five hundred years.

Tell me, where exactly did you study Tai Chi and what rank
have you obtained?

From the ancient Chinese Classics, and there's no rank in Tai Chi.

Depends who you ask.

Who was your master?

I have learned Tai Chi from the nature, gravity, and the natural
body--I have no human teacher in that regard.
http://www.taomartialarts.com/tji/tj...iandchuan.html

I assume you know that one of the basic tenets of Tai Chi is that motions
should originate from the core of the body. This is exactly opposite from
what I see in your demonstrations with your hands and arms flailing.

At this point, it is obvious to everyone but you who has the poor

judgement.

Not necessarily "everyone," just you are one of those.

You don't know anything about me.

Harsh criticism on others, lightly overlook on your own inability? Yup,
you are a double standard hypocrite.

It is your credibility and integrity that are in question.

You don't know anything about me or my abilities.

When we can see you rip a
zipperline with no poles then you might start gaining some
credibility here.

What for? For you such lack of credibility, you'd just deny it.

Let's see the video. You can ski a zipperline with no poles, right?

Want to see the video? Send me a photographer, and he better be able to
chase me.

You're the one making the claims, let's see the proof.

So far, all you have shown us are things that most of us
could do over 20
years ago when we were learning and we have all improved
dramatically since then.

Really? Show us how you do tele.

Again, this isn't about me.

Harsh criticism on others, lightly overlook on your own inability? Yup,
you are a double standard hypocrite.

It is your credibility and integrity that are in question.

You don't know anything about me or my abilities. Again, this isn't about
my abilities, it's about your claims and the proof needed to back them up.

"Lacking other options, the defeated intellect soon resorts to
hurling insults."

When you draw a conclusion based on facts that you don't know, you are
lying, and when you are lying to make an argument, you have dishonored
yourself.

Maybe you should heed your own words. You know nothing about me.

So, you are admitting that you lack superior skills that can
be used on true diamond and double diamond trails.

You like to admitting for me, so you can cheat yourself to think that
you have won the argument, don't you?

It is your credibility and integrity that are in question.

No, you are the one making the claims that you cannot back up.

Speaking of lacking credibility.

You can say that again.

tiendiren

So, let's see some proof to back up your claims that you can flat board on
steeps, crud, powder, single diamond and double diamond trails. Most of us
here are way past the blue groomer stage and are open to any real
instruction that will help our technique. When you come here and claim you
have the 'one true way' to ski yet can't back up any of your claims leaves
you lacking credibility. LET'S SEE THE PROOF!

snoig

Old January 23rd 05, 10:47 PM
LePheaux

"AstroPax" wrote in message
On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 10:34:56 -0800, "LePheaux"
wrote:

tai-chi.

"tai-chi"? What is that, some sort of Asian herbal tea?

Indeed .
mixed with a little yin&yang served hot with a saucey little wench.

pole length steve Nordic Skiing 6 December 22nd 04 04:21 AM
Pole Planting. Mark A Framness Alpine Skiing 4 March 26th 04 04:50 PM
Palm side exit point for pole length measure -JP- Nordic Skiing 1 March 22nd 04 03:02 AM
pole length question Nevalainen, Eric Nordic Skiing 8 February 2nd 04 03:11 AM
Infinity Pole Report - Didn't Snap It Dell Todd Nordic Skiing 0 January 5th 04 02:46 PM