Snow

Old December 17th 11, 04:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Snow

It's snowing in the Motor City. First day of snow in the world's
toughest city. Boyne is now open.

http://www.boyne.com/Winter/Two_Moun...Highlands.html
And I'm going to Florida on Tuesday.

Merry Christmas everyone. God bless us all.
Old December 17th 11, 05:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Dec 17, 9:13*am, wrote:
It's snowing in the Motor City. *First day of snow in the world's
toughest city. *Boyne is now open.

http://www.boyne.com/Winter/Two_Moun...tions/boyneHig...
And I'm going to Florida on Tuesday.

If I had to ski a bump on the map like Boyne, and live in the asshole
of the universe, I'd go to Florida, too. Instead, I'll go skiing on a
real mountain next week. Enjoyed the view of Rainier and the Olympics
in the dawn light.
I win. Again.
Hey, Huggies? Stock up on diapers while you are in Florida, I hear
they have a great selection.
Old December 17th 11, 05:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Dec 17, 9:13*am, wrote:
It's snowing in the Motor City. *First day of snow in the world's
toughest city. *Boyne is now open.

http://www.boyne.com/Winter/Two_Moun...tions/boyneHig...
And I'm going to Florida on Tuesday.

Merry Christmas everyone. *God bless us all.

The local areas (Big Bear and Mammoth) are upside down. BB is getting
more snow that MM. Neither is enough to survive without the man-made,
but most of all the mountains is open. Mammoth announced they are
opening 5 today, so only the chairlifts out on the margins are left
hanging in the breeze. Bear Mountain has opened Chair 8 (Geronimo)
and Snow Summit Chair 6 (Wall and Olympic) so all the big guys are
running now. What they all need is a week-long dump, preferravly
between Christmas and New Year's Day when I will not be skiing.
Old December 17th 11, 06:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 10:35:57 -0800 (PST), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

On Dec 17, 9:13*am, wrote:
It's snowing in the Motor City. *First day of snow in the world's
toughest city. *Boyne is now open.

http://www.boyne.com/Winter/Two_Moun...tions/boyneHig...
And I'm going to Florida on Tuesday.

If I had to ski a bump on the map like Boyne,

Boyne Mountain, Boyne Highlands and Nubs Knob make up a huge area.
It's the best in the midwest. It's better than most areas you go to.
And I don't have to wait until Bertrude gets off work to get a ride.

and live in the asshole
of the universe, I'd go to Florida, too.

You live in Seattle, the worst weather in the world.

Instead, I'll go skiing on a
real mountain next week. Enjoyed the view of Rainier and the Olympics
in the dawn light.

You dumbass. I've been to Seattle, you should be able to see Mt.
Ranier from your back yard. And the only time you'll ever see the
Olympics is on TV.

I'll be enjoying the view from Space Mountain while your fat ass is
shoveling snow and waiting in line at the soup kitchen.

Merry Christmas everyone. God bless us all.
Old December 17th 11, 06:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 10:51:20 -0800 (PST), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

What they all need is a week-long dump, preferravly
between Christmas and New Year's Day when I will not be skiing.

I'll be golfing.

Merry Christmas everyone. God bless us all.
Old December 17th 11, 07:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote this crap:

On Dec 17, 9:13*am, wrote:
It's snowing in the Motor City. *First day of snow in the world's
toughest city. *Boyne is now open.

http://www.boyne.com/Winter/Two_Moun...tions/boyneHig....
And I'm going to Florida on Tuesday.

If I had to ski a bump on the map like Boyne,

Boyne Mountain, Boyne Highlands and Nubs Knob make up a huge area.

That's sorta like saying you have a huge dick in comparison to a
chipmunk. You would know about chipmunk dicks.

It's the best in the midwest.

That's like saying your dick is the best in a chipmunk cage.

*It's better than most areas you go to.

Sorry, Horvie. I've never skied an area with under 800 vertical. One
run at Crystal, and I've skied FIVE Boyne Foothill runs
I win again.

And I don't have to wait until Bertrude gets off work to get a ride.

Bertrude is retired. No wait.

and live in the asshole
of the universe, I'd go to Florida, too.

You live in Seattle, the worst weather in the world.

Really? Just about to go play tennis. Outdoors. Without having to
deal with assholes like you.
I win again.

Instead, I'll go skiing on a
real mountain next week. *Enjoyed the view of Rainier and the Olympics
in the dawn light.

You dumbass. *I've been to Seattle, you should be able to see Mt.
Ranier from your back yard.

I face west. I can see the Olympics from my back yard. About ten
times the vertical of the entire state of Michigan.

*And the only time you'll ever see the
Olympics is on TV.

Wrong again. The only place I will ever see YOU might be on TV.
Certainly not in real life. Chipmunk balls.

I'll be enjoying the view from Space Mountain while your fat ass is
shoveling snow and waiting in line at the soup kitchen.

That's the only mountain you'll be on. Chasing teenage snatch at
Disney. Shame on you.
Old December 17th 11, 09:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 12:06:31 -0800 (PST), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

*It's better than most areas you go to.

Sorry, Horvie. I've never skied an area with under 800 vertical. One
run at Crystal, and I've skied FIVE Boyne Foothill runs
I win again.

Bull ****. You claimed to have skied on Ranier's glacier which has a
vertical of about 134 feet. Don't lie to the peanut gallery.

And I don't have to wait until Bertrude gets off work to get a ride.

Bertrude is retired. No wait.

Bertrude was fired again? I still remember when I got him fired from
NSCC, that was so much fun.

and live in the asshole
of the universe, I'd go to Florida, too.

You live in Seattle, the worst weather in the world.

Really? Just about to go play tennis. Outdoors. Without having to
deal with assholes like you.

Another ****ing lie.

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/USWA0395

I win again.

You loser.

Instead, I'll go skiing on a
real mountain next week. *Enjoyed the view of Rainier and the Olympics
in the dawn light.

You dumbass. *I've been to Seattle, you should be able to see Mt.
Ranier from your back yard.

I face west. I can see the Olympics from my back yard. About ten
times the vertical of the entire state of Michigan.

*And the only time you'll ever see the
Olympics is on TV.

Wrong again. The only place I will ever see YOU might be on TV.
Certainly not in real life. Chipmunk balls.

I'll be enjoying the view from Space Mountain while your fat ass is
shoveling snow and waiting in line at the soup kitchen.

That's the only mountain you'll be on. Chasing teenage snatch at
Disney. Shame on you.

While you'll be at Penn State chasing liddle boys.

Merry Christmas everyone. God bless us all.
Old December 17th 11, 09:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote this crap:

*It's better than most areas you go to.

Sorry, Horvie. *I've never skied an area with under 800 vertical. *One
run at Crystal, and I've skied FIVE Boyne Foothill runs
I win again.

Bull ****. *You claimed to have skied on Ranier's glacier which has a
vertical of about 134 feet. *Don't lie to the peanut gallery.

Holy ****. You got peanuts for brains, idiot. Rainier's glaciers go
up to 14,000 feet.
Dumb****. What an idiot?

And I don't have to wait until Bertrude gets off work to get a ride.

Bertrude is retired. *No wait.

Bertrude was fired again? *I still remember when I got him fired from
NSCC, that was so much fun.

Once again, you brag about what a stalking chicken**** lying freak you
are, brag about running a campaign of defamation and harassment in the
real world while hiding your identity.
You got peanuts for balls, Chipmunk Horvath.

and live in the asshole
of the universe, I'd go to Florida, too.

You live in Seattle, the worst weather in the world.

Really? *Just about to go play tennis. *Outdoors. *Without having to
deal with assholes like you.

Another ****ing lie.

http://www.weather.com/weather/today/USWA0395

I win again.

You loser.

Just played. In the sunshine. Gorgeous views of the Olympics today,
Chipmunk.

Instead, I'll go skiing on a
real mountain next week. *Enjoyed the view of Rainier and the Olympics
in the dawn light.

You dumbass. *I've been to Seattle, you should be able to see Mt.
Ranier from your back yard.

I face west. *I can see the Olympics from my back yard. *About ten
times the vertical of the entire state of Michigan.

*And the only time you'll ever see the
Olympics is on TV.

Wrong again. *The only place I will ever see YOU might be on TV.
Certainly not in real life. *Chipmunk balls.

I'll be enjoying the view from Space Mountain while your fat ass is
shoveling snow and waiting in line at the soup kitchen.

That's the only mountain you'll be on. *Chasing teenage snatch at
Disney. *Shame on you.

While you'll be at Penn State chasing liddle boys.

Say that in person, and you'll be dealing with people who chase
ambulances.
Ooooops, forgot. That balls thing again.
Old December 17th 11, 10:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 12/17/2011 10:51 AM, Richard Henry wrote:

The local areas (Big Bear and Mammoth) are upside down. BB is getting
more snow that MM. Neither is enough to survive without the man-made,
but most of all the mountains is open. Mammoth announced they are
opening 5 today, so only the chairlifts out on the margins are left
hanging in the breeze. Bear Mountain has opened Chair 8 (Geronimo)
and Snow Summit Chair 6 (Wall and Olympic) so all the big guys are
running now. What they all need is a week-long dump, preferravly
between Christmas and New Year's Day when I will not be skiing.

I went to SS Thursday. Nice and cold in the morning, almost everything
open, snowguns somewhere else so I could just hear them, not feel them.
Chair 1 was OPEN, so I guess they listened to my begging. Nice snow,
no icy or gooey patches, just nice.

The bad news is it was more crowded than I expected. Must be a lot of
kids out of school already. Midweek pass is good through the 24th, so
maybe one more trip before holiday rates and wall-to-wall people click
in. Stopped for lunch at 11:00 and chatted with an old guy I've chatted
with before -- I recognize him because he has a bear hat and looks like
Santa Claus. Engineer type, does a lot of international traveling, well
off, raced cars, etc. Interesting guy.

It occurs to me that he may be younger than I am. I really need to stop
calling other people "old".

After lunch the snow was feeling yucky, the crowds were considerably
bigger, and I was tired. I think I need to postpone lunch as long as
possible.

On the way home it snowed for a bit. First falling snow I've seen in
maybe 25 years. 5 minutes, enough flakes to see but not enough to
stick. I tried to take a movie, but it didn't work out. A better movie
would been taken going south on I-15 beginning a few miles north of the
I-10 junction.

Thunder, lightning, and enough hail that traffic slowed to maybe 30 mph,
you couldn't see the lane markers or the freeway signs or even other
vehicles if they didn't have their lights on. Sometimes I used the
Braille method -- when I felt the rumbling I knew I was too far to the
left (or right, sometimes hard to tell). I wish I'd had the GPS running
because I really had no way of knowing when I was at the I-60 turnoff.
I saw what I thought was a big turnoff which I figured was I-10 and made
my way as far right as I could and hoped I could recognize I-60.

Worked out OK. About a mile to the west there was no rain, no hail, and
a certain amount of sunshine. I tried to take a picture of the hail on
the hood, but that didn't work out either. It rained later in Chino Hills.

Lessons learned: (1) ALWAYS have your GPS plugged in. (2) When I have
to buy a new one, "lane guidance" is probably essential.

The good news is that I may already have broken even on my season pass.

--
Cheers, Bev
Old December 17th 11, 10:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Dec 17, 3:01*pm, The Real Bev wrote:
[...]

I was planning on Thursday, but my son talked me into going Sunday.
Since he has so few days off now, I agreed to the change.

It looks like everything worthwhile will be open this weekend.