Starter Jackets and Jeans

Old February 27th 06, 07:54 PM

Default Starter Jackets and Jeans

Just want to pose a question, why do so many of you losers out there
wear played out Nebraska Starter Jackets and scoth-guarded jeans on the
slopes. Look, if you are financially strapped I can dig that. But I
spend time at some of the most expensive resorts in North America and I
see tons of people who still wear this carp. What can possibly be the
reason?

Old February 27th 06, 08:16 PM

Good point Armin but I was not referring to the fur wearing, Chanel
sporting, stretch pant loving tourons (tourist - moron) but rather the
nitwits who bust out the Dallas Cowboy or Denver Bronco Start Jackets
and think they are looking smooth.

I personally have more of a problem with people wearing one-pieces on
the slopes but this just totally escapes me when I see it on the
slopes.

Old February 27th 06, 08:28 PM

Hahahaha, that is awesome. Going to find myself a new sweet Husker
jacket after work. Screw my Marmot.

Old February 27th 06, 08:36 PM

Good point Armin but I was not referring to the fur wearing, Chanel
sporting, stretch pant loving tourons (tourist - moron) but rather the
nitwits who bust out the Dallas Cowboy or Denver Bronco Start Jackets
and think they are looking smooth.

I personally have more of a problem with people wearing one-pieces on
the slopes but this just totally escapes me when I see it on the
slopes.

Fur, one-piecers, Chanel, jeans, Denver Bronco Start Jackets...
whatever floats their boat is fine by me... as long as they don't have
a problem with what I'm wearing then they can wear whatever they want.

Maybe I'm missing the point but why should anyone be bothered by what
someone else wants to wear?

A.

Old February 28th 06, 02:53 AM

wrote in message
ups.com...
Just want to pose a question, why do so many of you losers out there
wear played out Nebraska Starter Jackets and scoth-guarded jeans on the
slopes. Look, if you are financially strapped I can dig that. But I
spend time at some of the most expensive resorts in North America and I
see tons of people who still wear this carp. What can possibly be the
reason?

Let's not forget stupid head gear. Horns and those spikey things.
The ones who wear those never seem to be decent skiers.
At least cowboy hats went out of style around here. Just a couple of years
ago but at least they're done.
Pops

Old February 28th 06, 03:18 AM

Pops wrote:

wrote:
Just want to pose a question, why do so many of you losers out there
wear played out Nebraska Starter Jackets and scoth-guarded jeans on the
slopes. Look, if you are financially strapped I can dig that. But I
spend time at some of the most expensive resorts in North America and I
see tons of people who still wear this carp. What can possibly be the
reason?

Let's not forget stupid head gear. Horns and those spikey things.
The ones who wear those never seem to be decent skiers.

Cool, so my skiing improved because I didn't wear one of those spiky hats?
Actually, I like them. Nobody can take himself too seriously when wearing a
jester's hat, especially with little bells.

At least cowboy hats went out of style around here. Just a couple of years
ago but at least they're done.

Wouldn't the chin-cord take away some of the studliness? How can you keep a
brimmed hat on your head with a 35-mph wind in your face?

--
Cheers, Bev
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely and in a
Old February 28th 06, 03:25 AM

The Real Bev wrote:

How can you
keep a brimmed hat on your head with a 35-mph wind in your face?

Fold the front brim down over your eyes so the downward pressure keeps
the hat on while you're going 35mph. Seems to work for the snowboarders
(can't think of another reason why they can't see where their going.)
Old February 28th 06, 03:38 AM

lal_truckee wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:

How can you
keep a brimmed hat on your head with a 35-mph wind in your face?

Fold the front brim down over your eyes so the downward pressure keeps
the hat on while you're going 35mph. Seems to work for the snowboarders
(can't think of another reason why they can't see where their going.)

Haven't seen many cowboy hats here. Mostly depressing dirty gray knit caps
pulled down over their ears even when it's way too warm. I haven't worn a hat
for several years, and only a few times ever -- but I have pretty thick hair.