Snow depth maps

Old December 28th 11, 06:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snoig

Default Snow depth maps

Some of you may find these maps handy. Western states only:

Snow depth as percentage of normal:
ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/wat...epctnormal.pdf

Snow depth in inches:
ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/wat..._snowdepth.pdf

These are for Colorado, just substitute your state code in the URL.
Old December 28th 11, 07:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Dec 28, 11:44*am, snoig wrote:
Some of you may find these maps handy. *Western states only:

Snow depth as percentage of normal:ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/wat...epctnormal.pdf

Snow depth in inches:ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/wat..._snowdepth.pdf

These are for Colorado, just substitute your state code in the URL.

The miserable California map:

ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/wat...epctnormal.pdf
Old December 28th 11, 07:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

snoig wrote:
Some of you may find these maps handy. Western states only:

Snow depth as percentage of normal:
ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/wat...epctnormal.pdf

Snow depth in inches:
ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/wat..._snowdepth.pdf

These are for Colorado, just substitute your state code in the URL.

we can use a 0 to 1 inch depth micrometer for snow depth out here in NE
Old December 28th 11, 08:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Dec 28, 12:27*pm, down_hill wrote:
snoig wrote:
Some of you may find these maps handy. *Western states only:

Snow depth as percentage of normal:
ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/wat...epctnormal.pdf

Snow depth in inches:
ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/wat..._snowdepth.pdf

These are for Colorado, just substitute your state code in the URL.

* we can use a 0 to 1 inch depth micrometer for snow depth out here in NE

You use a micrometer to measure your tiny liddle dick, Michael. What
was that last name again?
Old December 28th 11, 09:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

down_hill wrote:
snoig wrote:
Some of you may find these maps handy. Western states only:

Snow depth as percentage of normal:
ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/wat...epctnormal.pdf

Snow depth in inches:
ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/wat..._snowdepth.pdf

These are for Colorado, just substitute your state code in the URL.

we can use a 0 to 1 inch depth micrometer for snow depth out here in
NE

But you need a foot long ruler for the ice.

Old December 28th 11, 10:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 12/28/2011 12:03 PM, Richard Henry wrote:

On Dec 28, 11:44 am, wrote:
Some of you may find these maps handy. Western states only:

Snow depth as percentage of normal:ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/wat...epctnormal.pdf

Snow depth in inches:ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/wat..._snowdepth.pdf

These are for Colorado, just substitute your state code in the URL.

The miserable California map:

ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/wat...epctnormal.pdf

Hmph. They don't even include SoCal, and we've got 2-3 feet at SS
according to the blurb.

BTW, this is the first time I've ever seen them post a 'sold out' ticket
notice. Must be a slush-filled zoo.

--
Cheers, Bev
"I don't trust carry-out food. When you find hair in my cooking
Old December 29th 11, 12:50 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Dec 28, 1:44*pm, snoig wrote:
Some of you may find these maps handy. *Western states only:

Snow depth as percentage of normal:ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/wat...epctnormal.pdf

Snow depth in inches:ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/wat..._snowdepth.pdf

These are for Colorado, just substitute your state code in the URL.

Snoig, I couldn't get the addresses to work, do you have a www
equivalent?
Old December 29th 11, 01:25 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

wrote:
On Dec 28, 1:44 pm, wrote:
Some of you may find these maps handy. Western states only:

Snow depth as percentage of normal:
ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/wat...epctnormal.pdf

Snow depth in inches:ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/wat..._snowdepth.pdf

These are for Colorado, just substitute your state code in the URL.

Snoig, I couldn't get the addresses to work, do you have a www
equivalent?

freaking IE works with ftp in browser normally

think server is having issues, I can get in with my ftp program but it
will not download a directory listing
Old December 29th 11, 02:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
snoig

On Dec 28, 6:50*pm, " wrote:
On Dec 28, 1:44*pm, snoig wrote:

Some of you may find these maps handy. *Western states only:

Snow depth as percentage of normal:ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/wat...epctnormal.pdf

Snow depth in inches:ftp://ftp.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/data/wat..._snowdepth.pdf

These are for Colorado, just substitute your state code in the URL.

Snoig, I couldn't get the addresses to work, do you have a www
equivalent?

You're not still using IE6 are you? It works fine in Firefox.

Base depth? GoHabsGo Snowboarding 5 January 24th 07 12:27 PM
Snow depth reports sherwindu Nordic Skiing 2 January 18th 07 05:25 AM
Depth of water in streets of Evangeline? Sue Alpine Skiing 11 September 10th 05 11:31 AM
The depth of insanity Scottabe Alpine Skiing 0 May 28th 04 03:05 PM
The depth of insanity Trunky Alpine Skiing 0 May 28th 04 03:27 AM