rechargeable headlamps for rollerskiing

Old October 10th 03, 05:33 PM
revyakin

Default rechargeable headlamps for rollerskiing

Sorry for not posting this as a follow-up: something is wrong with the
google server

Anyway, Silva and Mila are good, but they are not sold in the US, so,
sadly, they are not options at all.

Fortunatrely, there is a plenty of lights avaiable for night
rollerskiing. I use the 40W NiteRider Storm (ebay, $300), but people
say the 20W lamps work just fine. With the Storm I ski just as in the
dayligt. Just watch for night bugs.

I posted a question on this ~1.5 years ago, do a search in this group.
Old October 10th 03, 08:11 PM
Mitch Collinsworth

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, revyakin wrote:

Anyway, Silva and Mila are good, but they are not sold in the US, so,
sadly, they are not options at all.

I am sure it is possible to telephone order from a retailer in Norway or
Sweden. I have done this for other things unavailable here. Would have
done the same for our Mila lights but managed to find some in a shop in
Norway when we were there years ago.

-Mitch

Old October 12th 03, 08:48 PM
revyakin

I am sure it is possible to telephone order from a retailer in Norway or
Sweden. I have done this for other things unavailable here. Would have
done the same for our Mila lights but managed to find some in a shop in
Norway when we were there years ago.

When I was looking, I emailed Mila twice, got no response. Since I
have a plenty of choice here, Mila has lost me forever as a potential
customer
Old October 13th 03, 06:15 AM
Terje Mathisen

revyakin wrote:

I am sure it is possible to telephone order from a retailer in Norway or
Sweden. I have done this for other things unavailable here. Would have
done the same for our Mila lights but managed to find some in a shop in
Norway when we were there years ago.

When I was looking, I emailed Mila twice, got no response. Since I
have a plenty of choice here, Mila has lost me forever as a potential
customer

That's normal, Mila simply never follows up on web leads. :-(

I've tried them several times over a couple of years, the only thing
that works there is the telephone or a fax. :-(

Terje

--
-

Old October 13th 03, 03:52 PM
Dell Todd

For the sailing & running that I do, I use an LED headlamp with
terriffic success. They are cheap (about $35). Of course the battery
life is outstanding with LED's. I finally changed my batteries at the
end of the summer. One Wednesday I returned to the boat to find my 3
yr old son had left the headlamp on since the weekend. Still, I got
another month of battery life ! The unit has three modes: green LED,
white LED, and also a maglite type halogen lamp for more power (this
mode seriously drains batteries). Once you get your nite vision you
don't need the power hungry halogen lite. The green is very bug proof
in that it doesnt attract bugs at all. I made several all nights on
the boat, and many 1 to 3 hr runs with it also on two of the tiny
penlite batteries, perhaps AAA size. I got it brand new on
brightguy.com. Pleased with it & also other bigger LED flashlites from
them (like a 4 x C cel whopper). They are streamlite brand.

LED flashlites are very cool gifts & gizmos for the gizmo inclined.
Old October 13th 03, 07:13 PM
Terje Mathisen

Dell Todd wrote:

For the sailing & running that I do, I use an LED headlamp with
terriffic success. They are cheap (about $35). Of course the battery
life is outstanding with LED's. I finally changed my batteries at the

I've looked into LEDs for night-O for several years now:

Even with all the latests improvements, LEDs are still less (!)
efficient than halogen bulbs. :-(

If you just need a tiny amount of light, i.e. to read a map etc, then
LEDs are fine, but for high-speed running in a dark forest they still
need to be better.

Terje

--
-