Early snow

Old October 3rd 08, 10:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ian Blake[_4_]

Default Early snow

During an anything but work moment I looked at www.snoweye.com and saw a
sprinkling of snow on the ground in Tignes Lac and Avoriaz. So the snowline
seems to be 2000m in Tarentaise and 1850m in Portes du Soleil.

I expect it will melt before enough to ski is added but it still pleases me.

Old October 5th 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
MadCow

In message , Ian Blake
writes
During an anything but work moment I looked at www.snoweye.com and saw a
sprinkling of snow on the ground in Tignes Lac and Avoriaz. So the snowline
seems to be 2000m in Tarentaise and 1850m in Portes du Soleil.

I expect it will melt before enough to ski is added but it still pleases me.

I went walking in the Dolomites last week.
On Monday it was shorts and sun cream, on Friday it snowed - which
scuppered the plan for Saturday. It looked really pretty in the
sunshine though.

BTW have you ever wondered why there are always cowpats under the snow?
The locals were industriously spreading all their piled-up manure on the
pistes!

--
Sue ]
Old October 6th 08, 07:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Pip Luscher[_3_]

On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 23:22:21 +0100, MadCow wrote:

In message , Ian Blake
writes
During an anything but work moment I looked at www.snoweye.com and saw a
sprinkling of snow on the ground in Tignes Lac and Avoriaz. So the snowline
seems to be 2000m in Tarentaise and 1850m in Portes du Soleil.

I expect it will melt before enough to ski is added but it still pleases me.

I went walking in the Dolomites last week.
On Monday it was shorts and sun cream, on Friday it snowed - which
scuppered the plan for Saturday. It looked really pretty in the
sunshine though.

BTW have you ever wondered why there are always cowpats under the snow?
The locals were industriously spreading all their piled-up manure on the
pistes!

I suppose that if the snow cover's a bit thin, you've still got
something to slide on...

--
-Pip
Old October 6th 08, 11:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
john elgy

MadCow wrote:
In message , Ian Blake
writes

During an anything but work moment I looked at www.snoweye.com and saw a
sprinkling of snow on the ground in Tignes Lac and Avoriaz. So the
snowline
seems to be 2000m in Tarentaise and 1850m in Portes du Soleil.

I expect it will melt before enough to ski is added but it still
pleases me.

I went walking in the Dolomites last week.
On Monday it was shorts and sun cream, on Friday it snowed - which
scuppered the plan for Saturday. It looked really pretty in the
sunshine though.

BTW have you ever wondered why there are always cowpats under the snow?
The locals were industriously spreading all their piled-up manure on the
pistes!

Um! why does someone called "MadCow" show interest in the spreading of
manure on the pistes? And I must admit I never wondered about cowpats
under the snow.

In a rather garbled message a friend in Grenoble informed that the snow
level was down to 1000m last Friday, but melted quickly.