Canadian wins, Miller third

Old December 21st 04, 04:41 PM
lal_truckee

Default Canadian wins, Miller third

Bode Miller third at Flachau GS. Thomas Grandi wins, CUCHE Didier Cuche
third, Benjamin Raich fourth, Daron Rahlves fifth

Hermann Maier 28th

A Good day for the Overall standings. Four Americans in top 15 (Dane
Spencer 12th, Erik Schlopy 13th) 5 Norte-Americanos in top 15! Who says
it's a Euro sport?

Old December 22nd 04, 12:06 AM
Mary Malmros

lal_truckee wrote:

Bode Miller third at Flachau GS. Thomas Grandi wins, CUCHE Didier Cuche
third, Benjamin Raich fourth, Daron Rahlves fifth

Ah-one, and ah-two -- Grandi had also won on Sunday at Alta Badia!

Hermann Maier 28th

I wonder if he'll keep skiing GS all season.

A Good day for the Overall standings. Four Americans in top 15 (Dane
Spencer 12th, Erik Schlopy 13th) 5 Norte-Americanos in top 15! Who says
it's a Euro sport?

I can't find anywhere where they keep the Nations Cup standings, and I
wish I could. Maier's picked up a few on Bode, though -- he's now only
319 points behind.

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

Old December 22nd 04, 02:11 AM
Alex Heney

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:41:38 -0600, lal_truckee
wrote:

Bode Miller third at Flachau GS. Thomas Grandi wins, CUCHE Didier Cuche
third, Benjamin Raich fourth, Daron Rahlves fifth

Hermann Maier 28th

A Good day for the Overall standings.

Why?

What you actually mean is a good day for the US (or even for North
America) *in* the overall standings.

Four Americans in top 15 (Dane
Spencer 12th, Erik Schlopy 13th) 5 Norte-Americanos in top 15! Who says
it's a Euro sport?

Most people :-)

That still leaves 2/3 of the top 15 as Europeans.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Those who can, do. Those who can't, supervise!

Old December 22nd 04, 02:27 AM
lal_truckee

wrote:

Bode Miller third at Flachau GS. Thomas Grandi wins, CUCHE Didier Cuche
third, Benjamin Raich fourth, Daron Rahlves fifth

Hermann Maier 28th

A Good day for the Overall standings.

Why?

What you actually mean is a good day for the US (or even for North
America) *in* the overall standings.

No, I mean it's a good day for the Overall standings. It's good for
skiing to have different countries on the top occasionally.

Four Americans in top 15 (Dane
Spencer 12th, Erik Schlopy 13th) 5 Norte-Americanos in top 15! Who says
it's a Euro sport?

Most people :-)

That still leaves 2/3 of the top 15 as Europeans.

Dam, Alex!
We so seldomly get to gloat and here you go raining on our parade.

And you're even getting fresh snow.

Old December 22nd 04, 04:09 PM
TexasSkiNut

I can't find anywhere where they keep the Nations Cup standings, and I

wish I could. Maier's picked up a few on Bode, though -- he's now only

319 points behind.

It took me far too long just to find the World Cup Standings:
http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/discipline...standings.html

Their site doesn't currently show Nations Cup (or at least not for me).
Maybe they'll start adding content as the season goes on.

Old December 22nd 04, 05:07 PM
lal_truckee

TexasSkiNut wrote:
I can't find anywhere where they keep the Nations Cup standings, and I

wish I could. Maier's picked up a few on Bode, though -- he's now only

319 points behind.

It took me far too long just to find the World Cup Standings:
http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/discipline...standings.html

Note that currently (as of this post) they haven't updated those
standings to reflect latest race results. I don't know why they're
behind - the last race was about 24hours ago.

Old December 23rd 04, 12:11 AM
Alex Heney

wrote:

Bode Miller third at Flachau GS. Thomas Grandi wins, CUCHE Didier Cuche
third, Benjamin Raich fourth, Daron Rahlves fifth

Hermann Maier 28th

A Good day for the Overall standings.

Why?

What you actually mean is a good day for the US (or even for North
America) *in* the overall standings.

No, I mean it's a good day for the Overall standings. It's good for
skiing to have different countries on the top occasionally.

Fair enough.

It would be even better if it were a few more different people.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
After all is said and done, usually more is said.

Old December 23rd 04, 08:30 PM
Thomas Raml

wrote:

Bode Miller third at Flachau GS. Thomas Grandi wins, CUCHE Didier
Cuche third, Benjamin Raich fourth, Daron Rahlves fifth

Hermann Maier 28th

A Good day for the Overall standings.

Why?

What you actually mean is a good day for the US (or even for North
America) *in* the overall standings.

No, I mean it's a good day for the Overall standings. It's good for
skiing to have different countries on the top occasionally.

second _that_, and I'm austrian ;-)

Four Americans in top 15 (Dane
Spencer 12th, Erik Schlopy 13th) 5 Norte-Americanos in top 15! Who
says it's a Euro sport?

Most people :-)

That still leaves 2/3 of the top 15 as Europeans.

Dam, Alex!
We so seldomly get to gloat and here you go raining on our parade.

And you're even getting fresh snow.

--
Nobody is perfect
not even in failing

Old December 23rd 04, 09:46 PM
Mary Malmros

Thomas Raml wrote:

wrote:

Bode Miller third at Flachau GS. Thomas Grandi wins, CUCHE Didier
Cuche third, Benjamin Raich fourth, Daron Rahlves fifth

Hermann Maier 28th

A Good day for the Overall standings.

Why?

What you actually mean is a good day for the US (or even for North
America) *in* the overall standings.

No, I mean it's a good day for the Overall standings. It's good for
skiing to have different countries on the top occasionally.

second _that_, and I'm austrian ;-)

As well you might -- this is going to be good for the Austrian team,
too. Those of us in other countries tend to think of "the Austrians" as
being dominant, but I'm willing to bet that people like Beni Raich are
happy for things to be opening up a bit. When guys like Eberharter and
Maier stay around for as long as they have/did, it does mean fewer
opportunities for the rest.

Miller Softs lal_truckee Alpine Skiing 3 December 17th 04 11:48 PM
Miller Softs lal_truckee Alpine Skiing (moderated) 3 December 17th 04 11:48 PM
The Further Adventures of Bode Miller (spoilers) sjjohnston Alpine Skiing 8 December 16th 04 04:26 AM
Bode Miller wins career-first World Cup downhill koikeeper Alpine Skiing 1 November 28th 04 02:17 AM
Miller 4th, Rahlves 5th in overall WC. Inger Skramstad Jørstad Alpine Skiing 4 March 15th 04 06:34 AM