Merry Christmas Everyone

Old December 18th 09, 12:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

Default Merry Christmas Everyone

Merry Christmas fellow adventurers. I hope you are all having a
wonderful Christmas season.

Pirating season is over and ski season is just beginning. During this
season your mighty Hungarian warrior has taken up the manly sport of
golf. In what other sport do you drive a ramming cart, carry a sack
of clubs and hurl little white grenades?

Now with the stories of the world's greatest golfer appearing it seems
that swiving beautiful women is added to the challenge.

I've bought new clubs and equipment, and I'm on my way to becoming a
professional golfer.

God bless everyone, especially Tiger Woods.

And remember to vote for Palin-Ahhhnold in 2012.

A mighty Hungarian warrior
The blood of Attila runs through me
Old December 18th 09, 02:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Dec 18, 5:56*am, A mighty Hungarian
wrote:
Merry Christmas fellow adventurers. *I hope you are all having a
wonderful Christmas season.

Pirating season is over and ski season is just beginning. *During this
season your mighty Hungarian warrior has taken up the manly sport of
golf. *In what other sport do you drive a ramming cart, carry a sack
of clubs and hurl little white grenades?

Now with the stories of the world's greatest golfer appearing it seems
that swiving beautiful women is added to the challenge.

I've bought new clubs and equipment, and I'm on my way to becoming a
professional golfer.

God bless everyone, especially Tiger Woods.

I must confess to two family sins.

First: when my sons were younger and learning to ski, and I paid
every cent of the costs of their lodging, meals, transportation, lift
tickets, and equipment, they occasionally expressed a desire to learn
snowboarding. I told them they could do that when they had their own
money to spend. My eldest son has now reached that age and has a job
(sort of, maybe - see the broken boots thread), so he bought
snowboarding gear this year from his poker winnings.

Second: that same son is enrolled in a local community college,
supposedly prepaing himself for the rigors of a full-time four-year
college education. This semester, he took all of his courses on
accelerated schedule, which means the classes meet twice as often as
usual and finish early in the semester. Except for one course -
golf. His college education now consists of a two-hour session once a
week at a local driving range. Oh - and he bought a set of golf clubs
with his poker winnings.

Does anyone else see the connection between these sins? I only hope
my son lives long enough to repent his ways.

Old December 18th 09, 03:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

I too have become a golf addict.

Probably 300+ rounds in the past two years. I've upgraded my irons
with some good used ones. I don't regret not doing it in my 20's/30's/
40's however. I could handle the skiing and mountain biking in those
days. Golf doesn't hurt as much. It's rather refined as well. That's
nice when you can afford it. I played 9 yesterday.

Old December 18th 09, 06:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
A mighty Hungarian wrote:

Merry Christmas fellow adventurers. I hope you are all having a
wonderful Christmas season.

Horvath,

Thank you. I hope you and your lasses and wenches have a spectacular
Christmas and New Year. And that goes for the rest of RSA too. I hope
EVERYONE has happiness in their lives.

I've surfed 6 days in a row now and I'm going to take today off to rest
and heal a little from all the little bangs, bruises, and scrapes. The
fact my wife is having surgery on her torn lateral meniscus today has
nothing to do with it.

"Mele Kalikimaka is the thing to say on a bright Hawiian Christmas Day
That's the island greeting that we send to you from the land where palm
trees sway
Here we know that Christmas will be green and bright
The sun to shine by day and all the stars at night
Mele Kalikimaka is Hawaii's way to say Merry Christmas to you."
Old December 18th 09, 08:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Dream of Meat Whistle

wrote:
Merry Christmas fellow adventurers. *I hope you are all having a
wonderful Christmas season.

Merry Christmas, Horvath. Wishing you many comely wenches for you next
year's worth of nineteenth holes.

Old December 18th 09, 09:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 08:23:37 -0800 (PST), pigo
wrote this crap:

I too have become a golf addict.

Probably 300+ rounds in the past two years. I've upgraded my irons
with some good used ones. I don't regret not doing it in my 20's/30's/
40's however. I could handle the skiing and mountain biking in those
days. Golf doesn't hurt as much. It's rather refined as well. That's
nice when you can afford it. I played 9 yesterday.

I played today. I got a couple of pars, a birdie, a wild turkey, grey
goose, and an old crow. I'll be out tomorrow. If the weather is bad
there's always the golf dome.

Merry Christmas and remember to vote for Palin-Ahhhnold in 2012.