Hennepin Co Parks--Warning

Old September 11th 03, 08:27 PM
Sly D. Skeez

Default Hennepin Co Parks--Warning

Last week, I got a parking ticket at Minnehaha Park. This seems like
no big deal except their signage is very poor. So while the cost of
parking is only 50 cents, it's _really not_ obvious that you should
pay. (There's one sign about "patron" parking when you enter.) Then
the park police are very good about giving a $33 ticket. It's obvious
their idea to balance the budget is not to make $50/day charging
parking, but to make a $1000/day giving tickets.

Through my work, I talkd with a attorney for Hennepin Co, and she said
the same thing happened to her, but worse--the park employee directing
her to park never mentioned any fees. She also didn't see any signs.
She couldn't get the ticket revoked, so you can bet you can't either.

Anyhow, don't use Hennepin Co parks, well, ok if you do, make sure to
pay 50 cents.

BTW, St Paul (Ramsey Co) doesn't charge for parking (that I know of).
So don't go to the dark side of the river...

Jay Wenner
Old September 12th 03, 02:28 PM
Bob Larson

"Edward Dike, III" wrote in message ...
"Sly D. Skeez" wrote in message
om...

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that area is a city park.(Henn Co,
like Washington Co/ State Parks offers an annual window sticker), and they
typically have attended gate houses.

You are correct... Minnehaha is run by Minneapolis Park and Rec.

Just to add to the confusion, Hennepin Parks is now named
Three Rivers Park District. It runs the primo ski venues around
he Hyland, Baker, Murphy, Elm Creek, etc. They are very
clear about the fees at Three Rivers, like you said.
Apparently Minneapolis Park and Rec isn't so clear.
Old September 12th 03, 10:06 PM
Marsh Jones

the worst part of Mpls Park Parking has been the randomness with which
signs appear, disappear, ticket dispensers work/don't, etc. The canoe
racing community took regular hits at Thomas Beach on both counts. If
you park in Minneapolis regularly, I'd get the MPLS P&R parking pass.
Covers *many* of the parks and lots, with more in consideration.
It's going to get tough to see out of your windshield with 5 or 6
different park passes - National Parks, State, TRPD, Washington Co.,
Anoka Co., ad nauseum.

Marsh

Bob Larson wrote:
"Edward Dike, III" wrote in message ...