Another fine day on the slopes

Old February 25th 06, 11:04 PM

Default Another fine day on the slopes

in spite of it being a weekend.

Squired relatives around today, and with judicious lift choices was able
to avoid all crowds. Lots of snow, spring conditions. Once the off piste
softened the skiing was very good. Supposed to start snowing again in a
couple of days - you guys complaining about no winter, be sure you're there.
Old February 26th 06, 04:24 AM

"lal_truckee" wrote in message
. com...
in spite of it being a weekend.

Squired relatives around today, and with judicious lift choices was able
to avoid all crowds. Lots of snow, spring conditions. Once the off piste
softened the skiing was very good. Supposed to start snowing again in a
couple of days - you guys complaining about no winter, be sure you're
there.

Are you talking to me? Are YOU talking to me? Remember Taxi Driver?

lal,
I've been watching you for years now. I think you're starting to get cranky
in your old age!

I'm glad you had a great day skiing. Me, I was stuck watching kids play
soccer. And darn it, the same thing is going to happen tomorrow, too. Just
kidding; I'd rather watch my kids do what they do than have a few extra days
on the snow. They'll be off to college before I blink twice! I will grab
whatever days I can and I enjoy them when I can.

I wish there were less tourist in me and more local, and more importantly,
more free time, so I could hang out on the slopes with you the way I used to
hang with my homies at the beach. Your ski knowledge and your local
knowledge are formidable. I just wish I could tap into it without pisteing
you off. Get it? I made a ski pun.

Complaining? Naw, just wishing for a longer ski season and fewer work days.

Old February 26th 06, 06:18 AM

Bryan wrote:
I'd rather watch my kids do what they do than have a few extra days
on the snow.

Take the kids skiing...
Old February 26th 06, 06:39 AM

"lal_truckee" wrote in message
. net...
Bryan wrote:
I'd rather watch my kids do what they do than have a few extra days on
the snow.

Take the kids skiing...

A very agreeable suggestion.
Their year long soccer season ends tomorrow, with tryouts to follow shortly.
Softball practice begins March 1.
With the weather, my son is asking me to take him to the beach and to San
Francisco for some sailing.
Skiing for me is something I squeeze in between work and kids, for now. The
work is what I'd be willing to give up first.
So, the kids join me a few times each season and I get up about once every
week or two each season; and I hope for long seasons with a ton of frequent
and fresh snow.
I'll be up with my kids next weekend.