First time on roller skis

Old September 10th 03, 09:01 PM
Ken Roberts

Default First time on roller skis

And I was just getting ready to post my report about how much fun I was
having on _both_ my rollerskis and my inlines, and how easy it was to switch
between them in the same workout -- a switch I've tried on three different
days in the last week or so.

Serge wrote
To all the people never want to come back
to roller skis after inline workout . . .
there is no way you can get anywhere on
inlines as far as ski training.

Maybe you're getting thrown off by that klap-skate thing you've got with
your binding?

Ken

Old September 11th 03, 04:51 PM
Bob Larson

10 miles on rollerskis the first time out is really good.
Most people have a near death experience (I exagerate only slightly)
the first time on rollerskis, and would never make it 10 miles.

I'm not familiar with pilot bindings, as to why they didn't open
often on your course. Maybe the course was too easy and your
wheels too fast (PU on a flat course - sounds fast).

You probably need to find a modest uphill,
ie., just a few percent grade.
Slower wheels, solid black rubber wheels, would help.
Old September 12th 03, 01:36 AM
David Anderson

umm... pilot bindings are a skate binding, so they really shouldn't open all
that much. My experience has been that they hold my ski/rollerski very
close to my foot.

As far as "opening" a binding, i'm not sure why you are trying to do this,
unless your trying to classical stride, in which case you should replace the
Pilot with a Profile binding, which doesn't have the second point
attachment. I'm not very familiar with how the "clap" speed skates work,
but your heel should not come up off the binding on every skating push.

Also, the Pilot doesn't work with non-pilot boots, so if your boot doensn't
have two bars on its bottom, replace your rollerski bindings.