An Appology to Gene Goldenfeld

Old September 8th 03, 08:35 PM
Jay Tegeder

Default An Appology to Gene Goldenfeld

Gene,

Jim Farrell was right about one thing, I did marginalize you and for
that I am truely sorry. I re-read what I wrote. You are a deep
thinking intellectual in my opinion and deserve far better. I think I
was just ****ed at Farrell and took it out on you. There are no
excuses for that.

I think the fact that Farrell, over the last few days has called me a;

1) chicken****
2) baffoon
3) ignoramus
4) idiot
5) pap
6) pitbull
7) b.s. parroter
8) ad hominen attacker
9) screed writer

got me enraged to the point of taking it out on you. But like I said,
no excuses. I mean this sincerely.

Jay Tegeder
"Keep training, lycra never lies!" JT
Old September 9th 03, 01:59 AM
Gary Jacobson

You, Jay Tegeder, a pit bull?
I'm offended that someone would say that about you.

With liberal humor.

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

om...

Old September 9th 03, 04:05 AM
Gene Goldenfeld

Jay,
I am only offended by being called a liberal. I am decidedly not. More
important, as I wrote in another post that I hope has been cancelled, but
probably hasn't, I'm sad to see you as a commission-based salesman caught
in the difficult bind of our times lose it.

Gene

Old September 10th 03, 12:15 AM
Jay Tegeder

Gene,

I love being a straight commission salesman. I'm having the best year
I've ever had in sales! I've worked to get some new business and in
tough economic times, capital goes into repair instead of new
equipment. If you've never been on straight commission, you should
give it a try. My time is my own. I start early every day and usually
wrap up in time to ski in the light of the day during the winter. My
lunches are as long as I want to make them. I can take days off with
out having to ask for them (of course I don't get paid for days off
and I don't get vacation pay). I don't work in a cubicle and I don't
have a boss looking over my shoulder. As long as I produce
satisfactory results, I only have to answer to myself and my wife. If
my company went under, I could do the same type of work on my own. The
only thing I have to worry about is the competition (many competitors
but they compete agaisnt me too) and the occasional SUV crossing the
center line when the driver is on the cell phone. When there are two
lanes, always drive in the right lane... Lastly, I am in no difficult
bind of our times.