put a fork in it

Old April 24th 12, 01:00 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

Default put a fork in it

The Winter that was not.

The beast is down! The Wait till next year begins!
I spent two days in New Hampshire in 70 degree weather until the car
crashed and tore two corners off. It had less than a hour of time on the
track unsorted new design. Two different cars over the last two weekends
never completed a session for different reasons except the nose feel off
on both cars.

At a few choice times over the last few weekends I have reminded
competitors when times are tough corner ripped off car you could be
golfing.
Been chased out of a few paddocks with tools and gotten really bad
stares but overall we had a few giggles and the general consensus about
the paddock it is just a stupid silly game.
Old April 24th 12, 01:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier[_3_]

On 4/24/2012 9:00 AM, down_hill wrote:
The Winter that was not.

The beast is down! The Wait till next year begins!
I spent two days in New Hampshire in 70 degree weather until the car
crashed and tore two corners off. It had less than a hour of time on the
track unsorted new design. Two different cars over the last two weekends
never completed a session for different reasons except the nose feel off
on both cars.

At a few choice times over the last few weekends I have reminded
competitors when times are tough corner ripped off car you could be
golfing.
Been chased out of a few paddocks with tools and gotten really bad
stares but overall we had a few giggles and the general consensus about
the paddock it is just a stupid silly game.

OKAY. Some years ago (the 70's IIRC) there was a British TV show that
was quite popular in the US. "That Was The Week That Was". Nicknamed TW3.

I'm proposing that the winter of 2011-12 become TW3. That Was The Winter
That Wasn't.

Well, anyway, I like it.

We're booked into Sun Peaks again next winter for early season between
Christmas and New Year. It was such a good time this past TW3. They
actually had RealSnow(tm) which most of North America did not. I expect
no less next season. I'll also take a jacket that actually looks good on
me. The one I had looked like a bag.

Old April 24th 12, 02:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Apr 24, 6:33*am, VtSkier wrote:
[...]

It wasn't all that bad in Southern California (I realize that isn't
that high a bar to get over). SS opened Nov 9 and closed April 15,
and the only day I didn't like up there was because it was snowing too
much.
Old April 24th 12, 02:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 04/24/2012 07:12 AM, Richard Henry wrote:

On Apr 24, 6:33 am, wrote:
On 4/24/2012 9:00 AM, down_hill wrote:

We're booked into Sun Peaks again next winter for early season between
Christmas and New Year. It was such a good time this past TW3. They
actually had RealSnow(tm) which most of North America did not. I expect
no less next season. I'll also take a jacket that actually looks good on
me. The one I had looked like a bag.

Mine is big enough for a couple of thick sweaters underneath and has
lots of pockets, so it looks like a very complex bag. No problem!

It wasn't all that bad in Southern California (I realize that isn't
that high a bar to get over). SS opened Nov 9 and closed April 15,
and the only day I didn't like up there was because it was snowing too
much.

I got 15 days in this year, a personal record. I never regretted going,
but when the slush piles up it becomes unpleasant and exhausting. I was
kidding myself that increased strength would make a significant
difference :-(

--
Cheers, Bev
There are 10 types of people in this world,

Old April 24th 12, 03:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Tuesday, April 24, 2012 6:33:12 AM UTC-7, VtSkier wrote:

We're booked into Sun Peaks again next winter for early season between
Christmas and New Year. It was such a good time this past TW3. They
actually had RealSnow(tm) which most of North America did not. I expect
no less next season. I'll also take a jacket that actually looks good on
me. The one I had looked like a bag.

Really? Kewl. Maybe this time you will stop by my place and try to make good on your threats to kill me.
Of course, you remember posting my home address to help a freak who had threatened to shoot me, don't you?
Ooooops, forgot. That balls thing again. You're going to diaper up and sneak through Seattle. You never have had the balls to spew your **** in person: just another cowardly terrorist who encourages others to do the violence he ain't got the nads to do.
I'd offer to meet you up at Sun Peaks, but I ain't stupid enough to ski during Xmas break. Idiot.
Old April 24th 12, 03:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Apr 24, 6:33 am, wrote:
On 4/24/2012 9:00 AM, down_hill wrote:

We're booked into Sun Peaks again next winter for early season between
Christmas and New Year. It was such a good time this past TW3. They
actually had RealSnow(tm) which most of North America did not. I expect
no less next season. I'll also take a jacket that actually looks good on
me. The one I had looked like a bag.

Mine is big enough for a couple of thick sweaters underneath and has
lots of pockets, so it looks like a very complex bag. No problem!

And old bag skiing in an old bag. No surpise. And she actually wears sweaters to go skiing. Not just old, but upid and ignorant.
Old April 24th 12, 03:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Apr 24, 6:33 am, *wrote:
*On 4/24/2012 9:00 AM, down_hill wrote:

*We're booked into Sun Peaks again next winter for early season between
*Christmas and New Year. It was such a good time this past TW3. They
*actually had RealSnow(tm) which most of North America did not. I expect
*no less next season. I'll also take a jacket that actually looks good on
*me. The one I had looked like a bag.

Mine is big enough for a couple of thick sweaters underneath and has
lots of pockets, so it looks like a very complex bag. *No problem!

And old bag skiing in an old bag. *No surpise. *And she actually wears sweaters to go skiing. *Not just old, but upid and ignorant.

you need spelling and grammar lessons
Old April 24th 12, 04:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Says the dickless idiot who does not capitalize and does not use punctuation. You need manhood lesson, dumb****.
Old April 25th 12, 01:16 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Stallard[_4_]

On Apr 24, 9:00*am, down_hill wrote:
The Winter that was not.

The beast is down! The Wait till next year begins!

FWIW, Whistler had an excellent season. For something like the
fifth year in a row.

It seems that there's always some part of North America that's doing
OK. It's just that you might have to travel pretty far to get
there...

Dave
Old April 25th 12, 01:27 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Tuesday, April 24, 2012 6:16:10 PM UTC-7, Dave Stallard wrote:
On Apr 24, 9:00*am, down_hill wrote:
The Winter that was not.

The beast is down! The Wait till next year begins!

FWIW, Whistler had an excellent season. For something like the
fifth year in a row.

It seems that there's always some part of North America that's doing
OK. It's just that you might have to travel pretty far to get
there...

I had to travel two hours. To Crystal. Not much point in going further this year, unless I head down to Bachelor.