Last chance, dickless...

Old July 18th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

Default Last chance, dickless...

Scotty,

I realize you're going to crawl away, but here's one final proposal:

You tell me the actual name and address of this restaurant where you
claim you were *going* to eat and agree on a specific time to meet at
that restaurant between noon and 1:00pm...

....and I'll kick in $60 towards you and your buddies lunch.

How about it, Scotty: is the meet on?

If I show, you get free lunch (you and your buddies don't drink, so $20
each should be plenty for a good lunch). If I don't show, you can take
video of the lunch (perhaps asking a passing patron for the date and
time), and you can have a good laugh at my expense.

As usual, if you don't reply with an agreement to meet that includes the
specific place (name and address of the restaurant) and a specific time,
I'm not coming.

What do you say, dickless?

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old July 18th 08, 09:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Jul 18, 2:38*pm, Alan Baker wrote:
[...]

I offered him a chance for $1000 a few years ago and he ran away from
that.
Old July 18th 08, 09:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
klaus

Alan Baker wrote:

...and I'll kick in $60 towards you and your buddies lunch.

How about it, Scotty: is the meet on?

If I show, you get free lunch (you and your buddies don't drink, so $20
each should be plenty for a good lunch). If I don't show, you can take
video of the lunch (perhaps asking a passing patron for the date and
time), and you can have a good laugh at my expense.

I'll pledge $100 toward the lunch if Scooter agrees. That should be a
nice lunch. $160 so far. And I'll pay it even if Scooter doesn't show
after agreeing to a time and place as long as Alan does and posts
video. Let's see how that goes. Actually, we already know how that
will go. Scoot will never, ever, ever agree.

And next month, Scooter will deny it all. yawn

-klaus

Old July 18th 08, 10:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,
Richard Henry wrote:

[...]

I know!

I mean, what more do we have to do for the guy: offer him a
chauffeur-driven limo to the meet?

:-)

Old July 18th 08, 10:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article ,
klaus wrote:

Alan Baker wrote:

...and I'll kick in $60 towards you and your buddies lunch.

How about it, Scotty: is the meet on?

If I show, you get free lunch (you and your buddies don't drink, so $20
each should be plenty for a good lunch). If I don't show, you can take
video of the lunch (perhaps asking a passing patron for the date and
time), and you can have a good laugh at my expense.

I'll pledge $100 toward the lunch if Scooter agrees. That should be a
nice lunch. $160 so far. And I'll pay it even if Scooter doesn't show
after agreeing to a time and place as long as Alan does and posts
video. Let's see how that goes. Actually, we already know how that
will go. Scoot will never, ever, ever agree.

And next month, Scooter will deny it all. yawn

That's a deal, provided I can spend the money on golf if -- I mean
"when" -- Scotty doesn't show. :-)

You agree to kick in $100 and I'll go to Seattle regardless, and I'll
hit both the Starbucks at 1912 Pike Pl and a restaurant in the vicinity
for a nice lunch (anyone have any suggestions?).

How's that sound?

But if Scotty's going to agree to this, we'll need to see a name and
address for this "friend's" restaurant.

What do you say, Scotty? A truly first-class lunch is now being offered.

We already know don't have the heart for this challenge, but from the
pictures I've seen, you *must* have the appetite.

:-D

Old July 18th 08, 10:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Jul 18, 3:13*pm, Alan Baker wrote:
In article ,

*klaus wrote:
Alan Baker wrote:

[...]

http://gallery.me.com/alangbaker/100008/DSCF0162/web.jpg- Hide quoted text -

I'll pledge $50 toward the lunch, but only if Scotty shows.
Old July 18th 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,

*klaus wrote:
Alan Baker wrote:

[...]

Awwww...

OK, OK. $100 from Klaus is plenty of incentive, anyway. But $50 from you
would nearly have paid for a round at Chambers Bay...

:-(

Old July 18th 08, 10:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article ,
Ted Waldron wrote:

In article alangbaker-859F0E.15123118072008@shawnews,
Alan Baker wrote:

In article ,
klaus wrote:

Alan Baker wrote:

[...]

Try this...

http://www.placepigalle-seattle.com/

or this..

http://www.mattsinthemarket.com/index.html

and this.. (I believe it is just up the block on Post Alley from the
original Starbucks, and they have outdoor seating, if it is nice out)

http://www.thepinkdoor.net/menus.html

If you go to the Pike Place Market why ruin a nice lunch with a
pathetic blowhard, with some serious emotional problems?

Hey: if I go and he shows, I'm just buying his lunch. I wouldn't sit
down for a meal with him...

Old July 19th 08, 12:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
klaus

Alan Baker wrote:

That's a deal, provided I can spend the money on golf if -- I mean
"when" -- Scotty doesn't show. :-)

If Scooter agrees and doesn't show, you can spend it on hookers and
blow for all I care.

-klaus

Old July 19th 08, 12:03 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
Ted Waldron wrote:

In article alangbaker-859F0E.15123118072008@shawnews,
Alan Baker wrote:

In article ,
klaus wrote:

Alan Baker wrote:

[...]

Sorry to threadjack I'm going to be in Seattle for the first time
over Labor Day Weekend for a Dave Matthews concert. (I'm not a big fan,
but my wife and friends are) I'll probably stay at some overpriced
looxury hotel as most of the small, funky ones appear to be booked up.

Any suggestions for adventures? We're active, enjoy hiking and all, but
aren't into the whole "ice axe climbing up Mt Mckinely barefoot while
listening to 70s era rock that some of the more exuberant RSA posters
are. Casual but good restaurant recommendations would also be
appreciated.

In the mean time I'll check out the links above.

Dave