need info about Zakopane in poland

Old February 22nd 06, 07:05 PM

Default need info about Zakopane in poland

My be Im going to visit Zakopane in Poland for alpin skiing i the beginning
of March.
Im trying to find information about Zakopane, like apartment
situation/prices, map, snowconditions vv.
Has someone here been there? If yes, Pls send some ifno.
Regards Alfred

Old February 23rd 06, 03:38 AM

In article ,
"Alfred" wrote:

My be Im going to visit Zakopane in Poland for alpin skiing i the beginning
of March.

Not recommended if only for alpine skiing. Otherwise - yes.

Im trying to find information about Zakopane, like apartment
situation/prices, map, snowconditions vv.

http://www.zakopane.pl/articles.php?topic=30

Has someone here been there?

Hundreds times...

Regards
TA
Old February 25th 06, 01:06 AM

In article .com,
"warrell" wrote:

Good for beginners and very early intermediates

Let say: intermediates...

For more than intermediates and off-piste skiers there is Kasprowy
Wierch. Which is a skiing highlight of Zakopane.
http://www.prsz.com/kasprowy.jpg
But it is quite awkward to get there...

but the downhill skiing
areas are very fragmented and minute by comparison with the Alps.

True.

TA
Old March 1st 06, 06:41 PM

Tks to all of U, for anwers and information.
I would like to go there, If possible this year.
Then I tell U ...
Regards Alfred

Old March 1st 06, 09:21 PM

In article .com,
"warrell" wrote:

There are a number of sites that will give you more information but you
can forget about the sort of alpine skiing experience you may have had
elsewhere unless you join a group with a guide and minibus. I didn't
see any such groups but I'm sure they exist.

???
Actually, I do not understand. Minibuses? On the slopes?

Regards
TA
Old March 2nd 06, 10:42 AM

In article ,
Ace wrote:

I think he means to travel from one slope, or area, to another. The
implication being that the skiing is so limited that you'd need to
travel around in a bus to get any amount of variation and quantity of
terrain.

Doesn't make sense to me, anyway. Unless, of course, someone wants to
visit all the single ski-lifts in the area. Still - guides are obsolete.
There is quite efficient minibus/taxi service in Zakopane...
EOT?

TA