'03 Salomon Performa 7.0 as new - 29.5 on ebay

Old March 2nd 04, 02:13 AM
Andrey

Default '03 Salomon Performa 7.0 as new - 29.5 on ebay

Old March 2nd 04, 12:23 PM
Jim from Texas

(Andrey) wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?

[snip]

I was going to delete a velveeta-d copy of this message from the submission
queue on rec.skiing.announce, but one of the other moderators beat me to
it!

Moderated usenet groups sure are nice sometimes.

Old March 2nd 04, 04:10 PM
Dick Gozinya

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 13:23:50 -0000, "Jim from Texas"
wrote:

(Andrey) wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?

[snip]

I was going to delete a velveeta-d copy of this message from the submission
queue on rec.skiing.announce, but one of the other moderators beat me to
it!

Moderated usenet groups sure are nice sometimes.

hey Jim, did you have your face-to-face discussion with the convicted
person?
Old March 2nd 04, 04:41 PM
scottabe

Default The Moral Vaccuum of Jim Strohm

in article , Jim from Texas at
wrote on 3/2/04 5:23 AM:

(Andrey) wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?

[snip]

I was going to delete a velveeta-d copy of this message from the submission
queue on rec.skiing.announce, but one of the other moderators beat me to
it!

Moderated usenet groups sure are nice sometimes.

So this sick freak is a moderator of a skiing newsgroup?
No surprise. He supports the vile lies of rsa freaks, lies his sick ass off
himself, but gets all hissy when somebody spams?
How insane can this freak get? False allegations of molesting children are
just fine with this asshole, but a poor shmuck selling boots is censored.

Old March 2nd 04, 04:53 PM
vern93

Default The Hoover Vaccuum of Jim Strohm

In article ,
scottabe wrote:

in article , Jim from Texas at
wrote on 3/2/04 5:23 AM:

(Andrey) wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?

[snip]

I was going to delete a velveeta-d copy of this message from the submission
queue on rec.skiing.announce, but one of the other moderators beat me to
it!

Moderated usenet groups sure are nice sometimes.

So this sick freak is a moderator of a skiing newsgroup?
No surprise. He supports the vile lies of rsa freaks, lies his sick ass off
himself, but gets all hissy when somebody spams?
How insane can this freak get? False allegations of molesting children are
just fine with this asshole, but a poor shmuck selling boots is censored.

Hey, I noticed you don't do that "Anytime, Anywhere" thing anymore. Did
you wear out your "reverse gear"?
Old March 2nd 04, 05:18 PM
Richard Henry

"vern93" wrote in message
In article ,
scottabe wrote:

in article , Jim from Texas at
wrote on 3/2/04 5:23 AM:

(Andrey) wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?

[snip]

I was going to delete a velveeta-d copy of this message from the

submission
queue on rec.skiing.announce, but one of the other moderators beat me

it!

Moderated usenet groups sure are nice sometimes.

So this sick freak is a moderator of a skiing newsgroup?
No surprise. He supports the vile lies of rsa freaks, lies his sick ass

off
himself, but gets all hissy when somebody spams?
How insane can this freak get? False allegations of molesting children

are
just fine with this asshole, but a poor shmuck selling boots is

censored.

Hey, I noticed you don't do that "Anytime, Anywhere" thing anymore. Did
you wear out your "reverse gear"?

What's S getting all huffy about? The for-sale posting was off-topic for
rec-skiing-announce, so one of the nice moderators forwarded it to rsa
(where it is also sort of off-topic, but so is most of the other garbage
being thrown in here lately anyway). And most of the postings on -announce
seem to announcements of about how to make an announcement.

What size is 29.5?

Old March 2nd 04, 06:36 PM
scottabe

in article , vern93
at
wrote on 3/2/04 9:53 AM:

In article ,
scottabe wrote:

in article
, Jim from Texas at
wrote on 3/2/04 5:23 AM:

(Andrey) wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?

[snip]

I was going to delete a velveeta-d copy of this message from the submission
queue on rec.skiing.announce, but one of the other moderators beat me to
it!

Moderated usenet groups sure are nice sometimes.

So this sick freak is a moderator of a skiing newsgroup?
No surprise. He supports the vile lies of rsa freaks, lies his sick ass off
himself, but gets all hissy when somebody spams?
How insane can this freak get? False allegations of molesting children are
just fine with this asshole, but a poor shmuck selling boots is censored.

Hey, I noticed you don't do that "Anytime, Anywhere" thing anymore. Did
you wear out your "reverse gear"?

You ain't got a forward gear, freak. You run from your own shadow. Which
you should.
Stop stalking, freak.

Old March 3rd 04, 04:37 AM

scottabe wrote:

So this sick freak is a moderator of a skiing newsgroup?
No surprise. He supports the vile lies of rsa freaks, lies his sick ass

off
himself, but gets all hissy when somebody spams?
How insane can this freak get? False allegations of molesting children

are
just fine with this asshole, but a poor shmuck selling boots is censored.

Gee, Scott, I told you and everybody on Internet exactly which moderated
group in rec.skiing I help out with.

If you'd been reading on here, you'd have seen the main moderator of that
group ask for volunteers a few months ago. When it's fitting and I have
the time, I never hesitate to volunteer. I feel it's good to return some
benefit to the communities that have helped me.

And I've gleaned an immeasurable amount of both knowledge and good memories
from the Usenet skiing community.

You could have also asked to volunteer.

As far as my taking umbrage to "for sell" (sic) posts to Usenet groups that
do not contain the string "auction" in their title -- ALL auction-related
posts are inappropriate for Usenet, unless the auction has some newsworthy
and historic significance -- like, for example, if the Alamo were being auctioned
off the non-payment of gas pump taxes to the state of Texas.

That would be appropriate in sanantonio.general, for example, but not in
a moderated rec.skiing group.

On the other hand, if there were some significant and wide-ranging ski news
item -- like Yan lifts at all ski areas in America being deemed unsafe and
all being shut down by the Department of Ski Transportation -- that might
be an item of interest for rec.skiing.announce, especially if there was a
planned "fire sale" auction of all the lift chairs from all the lifts on
the same day. Most of us need one for a lawn ornament.

As a junior moderator, I'd certainly put in my two-cents' worth to promote
such an announcement if it ever were to appear. ( I have a much better example
of a current and appropriate auction that's worthy of mention on Usenet,
but it's not topic-appropriate for RSA. Look in rec.model.rockets ... )

In any case, RS-announce is supposed to be about ski stuff that you're NOT
likely to get from mainstream news or from the ski trade press, but would
be reasonably assumed to be of interest to most active skiiers.

But especially, RS-announce is not about individuals peddling overpriced
used smelly sol' ki boots on ebay. We're pretty quick to kick those out
of the moderation queue.

You're welcome to explore the archives of RS-announce to see what's wound
up on there, historically. Some of it's kinda cool. I sometimes wish there
was more new cool stuff.

As far as "censoring" the "poor schmuck" selling those boots? I wasn't fast
enough on the "reject" button. For my part, I am really surprised that the
string ".cgi.ebay." has not been programmed into the delete criteria for
RS-announce. As it is, three or four true SPAMs get deleted from the approval
queue every night, messages mostly touting mortgage loans and male enhancement
products.

On the other hand, RSA-moderated sees about an 80% or 90% approval rate,
from what I hear. Its users read the charter and try to abide by it. I
sometimes read RSA-moderated, and while I value its content, I rarely try
to post there because I rarely can add better information than is already
there.

For certain Usenet groups, moderation is a very valuable thing. It never
detracts from the ability of important information to be shared. After all,
information wants to be free. And there are always numerous places in Usenet
where information always is free.

Some places, perhaps too free. But I'm not going to address that issue in
this group now, except to mention in passing that you -- and everybody here
-- enjoys a great deal of freedom here , and sometimes the respect for that
freedom is lost, IMHO.

Jim from Texas
Up in Everett, at I-5 and US 2, for about four more weeks

PS -- It's spelled "vacuum." One "c"
Old March 3rd 04, 05:11 AM
scottabe

in article , at
wrote on 3/2/04 9:37 PM:

scottabe wrote:

So this sick freak is a moderator of a skiing newsgroup?
No surprise. He supports the vile lies of rsa freaks, lies his sick ass

off
himself, but gets all hissy when somebody spams?
How insane can this freak get? False allegations of molesting children

are
just fine with this asshole, but a poor shmuck selling boots is censored.

Gee, Scott, I told you and everybody on Internet exactly which moderated
group in rec.skiing I help out with.

If you'd been reading on here, you'd have seen the main moderator of that
group ask for volunteers a few months ago. When it's fitting and I have
the time, I never hesitate to volunteer. I feel it's good to return some
benefit to the communities that have helped me.

Really? Is that why you ski with a criminal like Bob Thompson? When he
falsely accuses me of molesting children, you return some benefit to him?

And I've gleaned an immeasurable amount of both knowledge and good memories
from the Usenet skiing community.

I've gleaned an immeasurable amount of knowledge of human evil, a very
measurable amount of real world criminal harassment, and an immeasurable
amount of defamation from your friends in the Usenet skiing community. A
community of freaks, liars, scumbags, criminals, and Jim Strohm

You could have also asked to volunteer.

I did. I volunteered to moderate rsa.terrorist.

As far as my taking umbrage to "for sell" (sic) posts to Usenet groups that
do not contain the string "auction" in their title -- ALL auction-related
posts are inappropriate for Usenet, unless the auction has some newsworthy
and historic significance -- like, for example, if the Alamo were being
auctioned
off the non-payment of gas pump taxes to the state of Texas.

Hey, scumbag? All death threats, false allegations, and defamatory lies are
inappropriate for usenet. Unfortunately, you do not think so, because you
support such vileness and participate in such vileness.

In any case, RS-announce is supposed to be about ski stuff that you're NOT
likely to get from mainstream news or from the ski trade press, but would
be reasonably assumed to be of interest to most active skiiers.

But especially, RS-announce is not about individuals peddling overpriced
used smelly sol' ki boots on ebay. We're pretty quick to kick those out
of the moderation queue.

I'd bet that if I went there and told the truth about your participation in
a criminal conspiracy, you'd kick that out of the queue, too.

On the other hand, RSA-moderated sees about an 80% or 90% approval rate,
from what I hear. Its users read the charter and try to abide by it. I
sometimes read RSA-moderated, and while I value its content, I rarely try
to post there because I rarely can add better information than is already
there.

But you let anybody else post there, no matter how vile they are here, no
matter how criminal. As I was saying about moral vacuum, wacko?

For certain Usenet groups, moderation is a very valuable thing. It never
detracts from the ability of important information to be shared. After all,
information wants to be free. And there are always numerous places in Usenet
where information always is free.

Like the "information" your friend Bob Thompson continues to post?

Some places, perhaps too free. But I'm not going to address that issue in
this group now, except to mention in passing that you -- and everybody here
-- enjoys a great deal of freedom here , and sometimes the respect for that
freedom is lost, IMHO.

All the time, respect for decency, ethics, and morals is lost upon you.

Jim from Texas
Up in Everett, at I-5 and US 2, for about four more weeks

PS -- It's spelled "vacuum." One "c"

It is spelled Moral. As in vacuum. As in what is in your conscience and
soul.