March Skiing in Utah

Old January 22nd 04, 09:11 PM
Chris

Default March Skiing in Utah

Hi I am thinking of going to Utah to do some skiing late this March. Any
suggestions or warnings? I am an intermediate skier at best so which resort
should I go to? Condos? Restaurants? Bargain Tickets?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Old January 22nd 04, 09:28 PM
Walt

Chris wrote:

Hi I am thinking of going to Utah to do some skiing late this March. Any
suggestions or warnings? I am an intermediate skier at best so which resort
should I go to? Condos? Restaurants? Bargain Tickets?

Late March things will be warming up at the lower elevations. There
will still be good snow at the top, but lower elevations may be
slushy. Stick with the resorts that have higher elevations, and you'll
do fine. Alta, Snowbird, Brighton, Solitude - good. PCMR, Sundance -
not so good. (NOTE: It's impossible to predict the weather that far in
advance, but that's the way to bet.)

Go to Alta for at least one day. Don't let it's reputation as a mecca
for advanced skiers keep you away - there's plenty of intermediate
terrain at Alta.

Have fun. Warning: you might not want to come back.

--
//-Walt
//
Old January 22nd 04, 10:51 PM
pigo

"Walt" wrote in message
Chris wrote:

Hi I am thinking of going to Utah to do some skiing late this March.

Any
suggestions or warnings? I am an intermediate skier at best so which

resort
should I go to? Condos? Restaurants? Bargain Tickets?

Late March things will be warming up at the lower elevations. There
will still be good snow at the top, but lower elevations may be
slushy. Stick with the resorts that have higher elevations, and you'll
do fine. Alta, Snowbird, Brighton, Solitude - good. PCMR, Sundance -
not so good. (NOTE: It's impossible to predict the weather that far in
advance, but that's the way to bet.)

Go to Alta for at least one day. Don't let it's reputation as a mecca
for advanced skiers keep you away - there's plenty of intermediate
terrain at Alta.

With the snowfall this year and supposing that it will keep up to some
extent, park city will be ok in March. Though I wouldn't go to pcmr because
of the snowboreds, Deer Valley will be good too. Ski south sides in the
morning when they are getting sun and soften up. Move around to the more
protected sides as the temps go up to get the stuff that softens as the day
progresses.

Shop around that time of year to stay in pc. They'll try to get you for top
dollar but believe me, there are empty units. Bargain with them. Call the
Snowflower Condo's directly. They are at the base of pcmr, easy to get to DV
and they'll know how best to match their inventory to their desire to fill
it.

pigo

Old January 22nd 04, 11:17 PM
Chris

Sounds like some great advice, thanks alot.

Old January 22nd 04, 11:19 PM
scottabe

No, asshole, I'm someone who is bored with gross defamation, felonies,
stalking, harassment, and much more. Biggers is a backstabbing amoral
asshole. He could change my mind by condemning terrorism and refusing to
associate with terrorists. Ok?
You could try it yourself, asshole, instead of taking cheap shots at me.
Why have you never had a word to say about all the vile lies told on this
newsgroup?

in article , Chris
at wrote on 1/22/04 4:16 PM:

You sound like someone who is bored with courtesy maybe after awhile you
will change your mind about that.
"scottabe" wrote in message
in article ,

Chris
at
wrote on 1/22/04 2:11 PM:

Hi I am thinking of going to Utah to do some skiing late this March.

Any
suggestions or warnings? I am an intermediate skier at best so which

resort
should I go to? Condos? Restaurants? Bargain Tickets?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Solitude.
At the end of the road that goes up the canyon, there lives a scummy, rat
faced little asshole who likes to have people **** on his porch.
Tell him I sent ya.

Old January 23rd 04, 12:08 AM
Richard Henry

"Chris" wrote in message
You sound like someone who is bored with courtesy maybe after awhile you
will change your mind about that.

Let usw introduce you to Scott. Since you have responded to him and have
nothing to say about "false allegations ... etc", he will now proceed to
insult you. But don't worry. We're all used to him lying about everybody
and everything.

"scottabe" wrote in message
in article ,

Chris

Old January 23rd 04, 12:09 AM
Vern93

In article ,
scottabe wrote:

No, asshole, I'm someone who is bored with gross defamation, felonies,
stalking, harassment, and much more. Biggers is a backstabbing amoral
asshole. He could change my mind by condemning terrorism and refusing to
associate with terrorists. Ok?
You could try it yourself, asshole, instead of taking cheap shots at me.
Why have you never had a word to say about all the vile lies told on this
newsgroup?

Chris,

This is a known netkook. He has multiple netkook awards and after 5
years, shows *no* improvement.

He thrives on attention. The absolute meanest thing you can do to him
is to ignore him.

Dave (from Antigua Guatemala)

march skiing glen shues European Ski Resorts 3 February 9th 04 10:35 AM
Skiing in Utah BRL Nordic Skiing 5 November 25th 03 06:43 PM
ADV: Skiing Park City, Utah? User Snowboarding 2 October 17th 03 05:26 PM
Park City, Utah skiing & snowboarding User Nordic Skiing 0 October 11th 03 06:45 PM