Fernie in March

Old January 28th 04, 01:38 AM

Default Fernie in March

Anyone skied Fernie lately? Conditions?
Thx
Old February 1st 04, 01:02 PM
David Harris

wrote:

Anyone skied Fernie lately? Conditions?
Thx

Check out
http://far.redtree.com/cgi-bin/far/index.py for current
conditions.
The site used to be maintained daily with a number of pictures
from the hill, but is now only changed every few days, depending
on people's time availability. Still a most excellent site.

Old February 6th 04, 06:45 PM

Hi;
I go to Fernie fairly often and have posted some of my pictures on my
free web space. You can view at
http://members.shaw.ca/nelsterr/Fernie/
There has been a big dump of snow --but it also warmed up then they
have recieved some rain. This had as of Feb 4th made the hill
intersting. At the top conditions for me were not bad and at the
bottom hard and crusty.I did find some reasonable skiing in ceder
shutes and over past blueberry As some people say stick to the
groomers..
Old February 9th 04, 06:17 PM
Don Lee

Just returned from Fernie and Kicking Horse. No new snow in Fernie and I
find the ski hill only fair. Lots of traversing and the fall line seemed to
be off to the side a lot. Done all the runs. The place should be very good
if you land there right after a fresh dump.

--
Don

(remove 'NOSPAM' for email address)
om...

Old February 9th 04, 09:16 PM
Dave M

Don Lee wrote:

Just returned from Fernie and Kicking Horse. No new snow in Fernie and I
find the ski hill only fair. Lots of traversing and the fall line seemed to
be off to the side a lot. Done all the runs. The place should be very good
if you land there right after a fresh dump.

Once they get the hill cleared after a big dump it is great (except for
the lots of traversing and the odd fall lines in places that you note).
For a place that prides itself on getting the big dumps tho, it can take
a silly amount of time to get the bowls opened back up and av cleared.
I have been up there when it has taken two or three DAYS to get
everything opened after a three foot dump.

Dave