Month of skiing in Alps. Where? Cheap. rustic. possible?

Old February 17th 04, 06:41 PM
MG

Default Month of skiing in Alps. Where? Cheap. rustic. possible?

As the subject says, any good places to go that are cheap nad rustic rather
than a party town. Just want to go ski my butt off for a month. Cheers.

MG

Old February 17th 04, 07:51 PM
Steve Haigh

MG wrote:
As the subject says, any good places to go that are cheap nad rustic rather
than a party town. Just want to go ski my butt off for a month. Cheers.

MG

Bit of a trickey one. If you are looking for a place to stay for a month
you'll want one of the bigger resorts. These tend not to be too cheap or
very rustic.

That said I can think of one town that is rustic and fairly cheap, a
place called Samoens. It's about an hour from Geneva (to the West) and
it is linked into the Flaine network which is pretty big. The town
itself is a designated historic site, and it's very quiet after about
9pm (there are a couple of bars though).

For not-too-expensive and a-little-bit-rustic you could try Argentiere
in the Chamonix Valley. Lots of skiing there and a pretty nice village
(well, I like it).

What time of year are you planning on doing this? If it is late this
season you may need to plan to stay in the higher resorts to be assured
of skiing for the month.
Old February 17th 04, 08:05 PM
PG

"MG" wrote in message
| As the subject says, any good places to go that are cheap nad rustic
rather
| than a party town. Just want to go ski my butt off for a month.
Cheers.

Bourg St Maurice/Les Arcs? I've got a studio in town, quiet residential
building, close to the funic (7 mins to the slopes) available for
exactly a month from March 27th... (not before). Cost for one month? 560
euros fully inc.

Pete
www.skiclublesarcs.com

(to email - remove the dog spamblocker)