Cheap accomodation in Geilo

Old January 8th 04, 08:54 AM
Ali_G

Default Cheap accomodation in Geilo

I've booked up flights from Glasgow to Torp (Ryanair) and I'm planning
on catching the train from Torp - Oslo - Geilo.

Can anyone provide any information on cheap accomodation that might be
available in the area and also any tips on eating and drinking on a
budget (I've heard Norway can be a bit expensive).

I'm heading over at the beginning of March and I'm looking at trying
my hand at a bit of snow-kiting (using a power kite with a snowboard).
If anyone has any more information about the resort or snow-kiting in
the area, I'd be much obliged!!

Thanks in advance!!

Al.

check out http://www.kitesnowboard.com/Content...ekgallery.html
for more info on snowkiting)
Old January 8th 04, 09:03 AM
Paul Schofield

"Ali_G" wrote in message
m...

...snipsy..

Can anyone provide any information on cheap accomodation that might be
available in the area and also any tips on eating and drinking on a
budget (I've heard Norway can be a bit expensive).

Yep - make sure the budget is on the scale of the American Deficit.

--
Paul Schofield

Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana

Old January 9th 04, 08:15 AM
Joar Skimten

"Ali_G" wrote in message
m...
I've booked up flights from Glasgow to Torp (Ryanair) and I'm planning
on catching the train from Torp - Oslo - Geilo.

Can anyone provide any information on cheap accomodation that might be
available in the area and also any tips on eating and drinking on a
budget (I've heard Norway can be a bit expensive).

I'm heading over at the beginning of March and I'm looking at trying
my hand at a bit of snow-kiting (using a power kite with a snowboard).
If anyone has any more information about the resort or snow-kiting in
the area, I'd be much obliged!!

This is taken from the norwegian web site www.kite.no. Seems like this guy
can give you some information (BTW, Tønsberg is not far from Torp):
----------------------------
Twin Palms, board shop in Tønsberg has arranged (with partners),
WINTER WEEKEND in Geilo! Andre Natland (Norgesmester in snow kitboarding) is
a confirmed guest instructor. Twin Palms crew (including Jack), will be your
hosts. There is still open space on the bus tour. This is an open paid tour,
all are welcome, no competition just a fun time with other
kiteboarders/skiers. Our focus is on new riders who want to get instruction
on the basics, SAFETY thru advanced moves and rigging. Young local
snowboarders trying kite for the first time are booked as well. A few women
biginners are also booked. Tailored Instruction is included in the price as
well as kite rental/loan. Price also includes Bus transport from Tønsberg
and overnighting at Solli hotel as well as three meals on sat. and sunday.
Space is limited, families / Father and Son etc. are welcome, call for a
group price. www.twinpalms.no Jack at 91862450 price is kr2,500.- per
adult. Twin Palms Winter Weekend, Geilo, Jan 16-18, Solli Hotel
-----------------------------

Or you could try contacting this guy . I don't know him, but he lives near
Geilo and should know everything there is to know about kiting the
http://www.kite.no/profiler/visprofil.asp?085 (it's in norwegian but you
find his e-mail address almost at the top).

-Joar

Old January 20th 04, 11:54 AM
Ali_G

"Joar Skimten" wrote in message news:yeuLb.468 Or you could try contacting this guy . I don't know him, but he lives near
Geilo and should know everything there is to know about kiting the
http://www.kite.no/profiler/visprofil.asp?085 (it's in norwegian but you
find his e-mail address almost at the top).

-Joar

Joar,

Thanks for the pointers, we're now booked up at the Soli Hotel and
I've emailed Bjorn to see if he can give me any tips.

www.kite.no looks like an excellent site too, I just wish I could read
Norwegian

Thanks again!