Problem mounting Ride bindings on Burton board

Old December 6th 07, 07:04 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Bob F

Default Problem mounting Ride bindings on Burton board

I just got a used Burton Canyon. Trying to mount my Ride SPi bindings on it, I
discovered that the hole spacing is not compatable with the holes on the Ride
bindings. The Ride board has two rows of 4 holes, the Burton has two rows of 2
holes, and 4 center holes. Unfortunately, the spacing between the holes are
slightly more than on the Burton board than the Holes on the bindings. Is it
possible to get a plate for the ride bindings to fit the Burton board, or is
there some other solution, other than new bindings?

Bob F

Old December 6th 07, 01:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
helibrdr

"Bob F" wrote in message
. ..
I just got a used Burton Canyon. Trying to mount my Ride SPi bindings on
it, I discovered that the hole spacing is not compatable with the holes on
the Ride bindings. The Ride board has two rows of 4 holes, the Burton has
two rows of 2 holes, and 4 center holes. Unfortunately, the spacing between
the holes are slightly more than on the Burton board than the Holes on the
bindings. Is it possible to get a plate for the ride bindings to fit the
Burton board, or is there some other solution, other than new bindings?

Bob F

Burton uses a 3 hole pattern while most others use a 4 hole. According to
Rides web page - go to Support, FAQ, and then 3 hole bindings they say that
their mounting discs are compatible with the 3 hole pattern as well. Here is
a link to the PDF file. http://www.ridesnowboards.com/support/ride_disc.pdf

Good luck!

Old December 6th 07, 04:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Bob F

"helibrdr" wrote in message

"Bob F" wrote in message
. ..
I just got a used Burton Canyon. Trying to mount my Ride SPi bindings on it, I
discovered that the hole spacing is not compatable with the holes on the Ride
bindings. The Ride board has two rows of 4 holes, the Burton has two rows of 2
holes, and 4 center holes. Unfortunately, the spacing between the holes are
slightly more than on the Burton board than the Holes on the bindings. Is it
possible to get a plate for the ride bindings to fit the Burton board, or is
there some other solution, other than new bindings?

Bob F

Burton uses a 3 hole pattern while most others use a 4 hole. According to
Rides web page - go to Support, FAQ, and then 3 hole bindings they say that
their mounting discs are compatible with the 3 hole pattern as well. Here is a
link to the PDF file. http://www.ridesnowboards.com/support/ride_disc.pdf

These bindings are a few years old. They may have opened up the holes a little
to make them work on newer versions. I did manage to get them to mount by
twistin the plate slightly to get three screws to fit, in a diagonal line, but
would like to improve on that.

Old December 6th 07, 04:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
helibrdr

snip

Burton uses a 3 hole pattern while most others use a 4 hole. According to
Rides web page - go to Support, FAQ, and then 3 hole bindings they say
that their mounting discs are compatible with the 3 hole pattern as well.
Here is a link to the PDF file.
http://www.ridesnowboards.com/support/ride_disc.pdf

These bindings are a few years old. They may have opened up the holes a
little to make them work on newer versions. I did manage to get them to
mount by twistin the plate slightly to get three screws to fit, in a
diagonal line, but would like to improve on that.

I bet if you call the Ride support folks or check with a local shop they
will be able to get you a new pair of discs.

Old December 6th 07, 10:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

On Dec 6, 11:26 am, "Bob F" wrote:
"helibrdr" wrote in message

"Bob F" wrote in message
[...]

Newer Ride bindings (I have 2006 SPi) don't have holes -- they have
two long screw-width slots that allow you to place the screws anywhere
along their length. As was suggested, if you buy new discs you should
be fine.

Joe Ramirez
Old December 7th 07, 12:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Bas Mevissen[_2_]

On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 08:26:24 -0800, Bob F wrote:

These bindings are a few years old. They may have opened up the holes a
little to make them work on newer versions. I did manage to get them to
mount by twistin the plate slightly to get three screws to fit, in a
diagonal line, but would like to improve on that.

When I had a Burton board, the bindings were also intented for 4-hole
mounting. But the guy from the show just drilled an extra hole in the
middel of two others. That worked very well and looked good.

Now the same bindings are mounted on a 4 hole board and I had already
forgotten that there was ever drilled in an extra hole!

--
Bas.
Old December 8th 07, 04:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard

On Dec 6, 7:00 pm, Bas Mevissen
wrote:
On Thu, 06 Dec 2007 08:26:24 -0800, Bob F wrote:
These bindings are a few years old. They may have opened up the holes a
little to make them work on newer versions. I did manage to get them to
mount by twistin the plate slightly to get three screws to fit, in a
diagonal line, but would like to improve on that.

When I had a Burton board, the bindings were also intented for 4-hole
mounting. But the guy from the show just drilled an extra hole in the
middel of two others. That worked very well and looked good.

Now the same bindings are mounted on a 4 hole board and I had already
forgotten that there was ever drilled in an extra hole!

--
Bas.

The bindings I've seen work with 4 screws on the std board holes used
by most manufacturers and with 3 screws on Burton boards. I've
ridden Burton boards for years with 3 screws holding my Drake bindings
and have had no problems. Most important is making sure the screws
are tightened and stay that way. For that I use a drop of the blue
Loctite for threads, available at any auto parts store, hardware
store, Home Depot, etc.