Transfer from Langen to Lech

Old February 21st 05, 07:40 PM
Jerzy Pawlowski

Default Transfer from Langen to Lech

We will be taking the train from
Zurich to Lech.

I've been told that it's better
to get off at Langen than at St Anton.
What is the best way to transfer
from Langen to Lech?
Where can I find a bus schedule?
(in English please :-)

--
"Imbéciles réveillez vous!"

Jerzy Pawlowski )
Old February 21st 05, 08:07 PM
Steve Haigh

Jerzy Pawlowski wrote:
We will be taking the train from
Zurich to Lech.

I've been told that it's better
to get off at Langen than at St Anton.
What is the best way to transfer
from Langen to Lech?
Where can I find a bus schedule?
(in English please :-)

I don't think there is a regular bus from Langen to Lech, but the Lech
Tourist Office would tell you for sure. I think a taxi is yuor best bet
- if there is a group of you it shouldn't be too bad (taxis tend to be
minbuses and take up to 8 people).
Old February 21st 05, 08:15 PM
mike

""Jerzy Pawlowski"" wrote in message
We will be taking the train from
Zurich to Lech.

I've been told that it's better
to get off at Langen than at St Anton.

Yes, I would agree.

What is the best way to transfer
from Langen to Lech?
Where can I find a bus schedule?
(in English please :-)

Jerzy
try the Postbus website:
http://fahrplan.oebb.at/bin/query.exe/en

From Langen am Arlberg
To Lech
enter your date and Hey Presto
Bus stop is outside Rail Station
HTH
Mike

Old February 22nd 05, 04:34 PM
Frank L Lynn

We will be taking the train from
Zurich to Lech.

We are doing a simular trip (Zurich to St Anton) on the train. I see
some trains on the schedule that I want to take. Do/can I make
advanced reservations online or phone? (we are in the US) Do they sell
out? We want to catch the evening 17:40 to St Anton, and dont want to
miss is, because the next one is 18:10, but the journey is 1.5 hours
longer.

(taxis tend to be minbuses and take up to 8 people).

Also, we will be travelling with our snowboard bags from Zurich-St
Anton-Vienna and was wondering about navigating the trains with our
bags and getting a cab or train to the airport in Vienna with our gear.
Will this be a problem?

Thanks,
-franklynn

Old February 22nd 05, 10:46 PM
Jerzy Pawlowski

In article .com,
Frank L Lynn wrote:

Do/can I make advanced reservations online or phone?

I have not purchased tickets online, simply because
it's easy to buy them at Zurich airport station. The
tickets won't sell out, but if the train is full, then
you may not get seats. In that case I would buy first
class tickets. But my experience has been that the
trains to St Anton are never very full, so I am not
worried.

Also, we will be travelling with our snowboard bags from
Zurich- St Anton- Vienna and was wondering about
navigating the trains with our bags and getting a cab or
train to the airport in Vienna with our gear. Will this
be a problem?

If you have lots of luggage, then the best way to get
to Vienna airport is by cab, which is easy. But most
Viennese cab drivers are from the Middle East, and
don't speak very good English. Same as in New York.
:-)

--
"Imbéciles réveillez vous!"

Jerzy Pawlowski )