Beer is bad for our pipes

Old August 7th 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Beer is bad for our pipes

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/n...c5stoppin.html

Old August 7th 07, 08:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Marty

On Aug 7, 2:28 pm, Richard Henry wrote:
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/n...-9999-lz1mc5st...

"Assistant brewer Brian Brewer"

:-)
--
Marty

Old August 7th 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Aug 7, 1:41 pm, Marty wrote:
On Aug 7, 2:28 pm, Richard Henry wrote:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/n...-9999-lz1mc5st...

"Assistant brewer Brian Brewer"

:-)

I'll bet he had a fun job interview.

Old August 8th 07, 11:11 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_5_]

Richard Henry wrote:
On Aug 7, 1:41 pm, Marty wrote:
On Aug 7, 2:28 pm, Richard Henry wrote:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/n...-9999-lz1mc5st...

"Assistant brewer Brian Brewer"

:-)

I'll bet he had a fun job interview.

Brewing is worrying work. I've got 23 litres of lager fermenting here, and
the temperature thing is a real worry. I bet those breweries cheat and have
special heaters. My fermenter is wrapped in a blanket and a doona, festering
away.

--
ant
Don't try to reply to my email addy:

Old August 8th 07, 04:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Aug 8, 3:11 am, "ant" wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:
On Aug 7, 1:41 pm, Marty wrote:
On Aug 7, 2:28 pm, Richard Henry wrote:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/n...-9999-lz1mc5st...

"Assistant brewer Brian Brewer"

:-)

I'll bet he had a fun job interview.

Brewing is worrying work. I've got 23 litres of lager fermenting here, and
the temperature thing is a real worry. I bet those breweries cheat and have
special heaters. My fermenter is wrapped in a blanket and a doona, festering
away.

Ah, what alcoholics will do to ensure their supply. No wonder
Kerrison fears me so much. I quit. She can't. AA is always willing
to help drunks, no matter how vile and despicable they are. Let us
pray Kerrison gets help so she can stop being a psychopathic
pathological liar and criminal, and start dealing with the crappy hand
life dealt her.

Old August 8th 07, 04:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article .com,
twobuddha wrote:

On Aug 8, 3:11 am, "ant" wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:
On Aug 7, 1:41 pm, Marty wrote:
On Aug 7, 2:28 pm, Richard Henry wrote:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/n...-9999-lz1mc5st...

"Assistant brewer Brian Brewer"

:-)

I'll bet he had a fun job interview.

Brewing is worrying work. I've got 23 litres of lager fermenting here, and
the temperature thing is a real worry. I bet those breweries cheat and have
special heaters. My fermenter is wrapped in a blanket and a doona, festering
away.

Ah, what alcoholics will do to ensure their supply. No wonder
Kerrison fears me so much. I quit. She can't. AA is always willing
to help drunks, no matter how vile and despicable they are. Let us
pray Kerrison gets help so she can stop being a psychopathic
pathological liar and criminal, and start dealing with the crappy hand
life dealt her.

Ah, what alcoholics will say to convince themselves that everyone who
drinks and doesn't lose control must really be an alcoholic too...

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old August 8th 07, 07:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Aug 8, 9:54 am, Alan Baker wrote:
In article .com,

twobuddha wrote:
On Aug 8, 3:11 am, "ant" wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:
On Aug 7, 1:41 pm, Marty wrote:
[...]

I had supreme control last night. I had an upset stomach all day and
I couldn't get a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale down - too bitter. I ended up
pouring most of it down the sink after it had gone flat waiting for my
gas bubble to clear.

Old August 9th 07, 09:06 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_6_]

twobuddha wrote:
On Aug 8, 3:11 am, "ant" wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:
On Aug 7, 1:41 pm, Marty wrote:
On Aug 7, 2:28 pm, Richard Henry wrote:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/n...-9999-lz1mc5st...

"Assistant brewer Brian Brewer"

:-)

I'll bet he had a fun job interview.

Brewing is worrying work. I've got 23 litres of lager fermenting
here, and the temperature thing is a real worry. I bet those
breweries cheat and have special heaters. My fermenter is wrapped in
a blanket and a doona, festering away.

Ah, what alcoholics will do to ensure their supply. No wonder
Kerrison fears me so much. I quit. She can't. AA is always willing
to help drunks, no matter how vile and despicable they are. Let us
pray Kerrison gets help so she can stop being a psychopathic
pathological liar and criminal, and start dealing with the crappy hand
life dealt her.

If this works, I've got a Mexican Cerveza style waiting to go. After that,
I'm not sure what I'll make. Keen to give ginger beer a try, too, and maybe
some hard lemonade.

Old August 12th 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Nobody told me!

On Aug 7, 1:28 pm, Richard Henry wrote:
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/n...-9999-lz1mc5st...

All this talk about beer got me to reminiscing about what was once my
favorite beer - Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve from Oregon. I first
drank it after running out of water on a hot day hike up near Idylwild
(bottling #50) and I stuck with it for years, until I started buying
my beer mostly at Costco. Anyway, today at Von's I noticed there was
no Henry's in the cooler. So I stopped by BevMo on my way home (only
about 2 miles out of my way on my 2-mile trip home) and they didn't
have any either, alhough they do have HW Root Beer and Orange Cream
Soda. So I did a google searach, and HW has been shut down since
2003.

They used to have such good ads - for example, the scene is an old
west tavern in the 1870's; a crazy grizzled old coot is proclaiming to
all who will listen: "100 years from now. only little girls will ride
horses, men will walk on the moon, and Henry Weinhard's will be sold
as far away as San Francisco!"

Old August 12th 07, 11:50 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_6_]

Richard Henry wrote:

All this talk about beer

Mine's still going "bloop". I have slowed it down a bit, a mate reckons you
get a cleaner, crisper lager if it ferments at a lower temperature. So the
bloops happen every 7 seconds or so. When it stops blooping, I'll see what
the hydrometer says.

Utah Beer Jeff Alpine Skiing 87 November 11th 05 12:28 AM
Can you have a beer on the terrace? SkyCatcher European Ski Resorts 4 March 6th 05 09:41 PM
Beer. And calories. Jay Pique Alpine Skiing 4 January 4th 05 03:50 AM
Beer David Brown :o\) European Ski Resorts 11 November 28th 03 04:29 PM
Beer. Jay Pique Alpine Skiing 22 October 18th 03 11:02 PM