Heel lift wedge under binding?

Old February 14th 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Andrew Wright

Default Heel lift wedge under binding?

I'd like to try putting a wedge under my back binding to lift my heel a bit.
Does anyone know of a company still making such a thing for a soft boot
setup?

Old February 15th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Bob F

"Andrew Wright" wrote in message
. net...
I'd like to try putting a wedge under my back binding to lift my heel a

bit.
Does anyone know of a company still making such a thing for a soft boot
setup?

I just made some. I carefully sawed a chunk of 3/4" plywood
with a handsaw to 1/4" thick on one edge and 1/2" on the other
making two wedges. I then cut them to the shape of the binding
and hole sawed out the center for the screws, primed and
painted them, and coated top and bottom with a thin layer
of potyurethene caulk to make them "rubbery" so they'ed
stay in place. They seem to work fine after adding the
polyurethane. I tried them without it and they moved while
riding. Careful screw length selection was needed also.

Bob

Old February 16th 07, 08:18 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Andrew Wright

"Bob F" wrote in message
. ..

"Andrew Wright" wrote in message
. net...
I'd like to try putting a wedge under my back binding to lift my heel a

bit.
Does anyone know of a company still making such a thing for a soft boot
setup?

I just made some. I carefully sawed a chunk of 3/4" plywood
with a handsaw to 1/4" thick on one edge and 1/2" on the other
making two wedges. I then cut them to the shape of the binding
and hole sawed out the center for the screws, primed and
painted them, and coated top and bottom with a thin layer
of potyurethene caulk to make them "rubbery" so they'ed
stay in place. They seem to work fine after adding the
polyurethane. I tried them without it and they moved while
riding. Careful screw length selection was needed also.

Bob

I'd pretty much come to that conclusion myself. The polyurethene hadn't
occurred to me, though.

Thanks,
Andrew

Old February 18th 07, 10:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Mike T

I'd like to try putting a wedge under my back binding to lift my heel a
bit. Does anyone know of a company still making such a thing for a soft
boot setup?

Catek Freerides:

www.catek.com

Some info from users he

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulleti...ight=Catek+FR2

Keep in mind bomberonline.com is a hardbooter site, so what you read should
be taken in context.

Mike T

Old February 19th 07, 08:42 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Andrew Wright

"Mike T" wrote in message
I'd like to try putting a wedge under my back binding to lift my heel a
bit. Does anyone know of a company still making such a thing for a soft
boot setup?

Catek Freerides:

www.catek.com

Some info from users he

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulleti...ight=Catek+FR2

Keep in mind bomberonline.com is a hardbooter site, so what you read
should be taken in context.

That looks like a truly kickass binding. Next time I have $400 burning a
hole in my pocket...

Incidentally I got to demo some of Bomber's gear a couple weeks ago.
Hardboots rock, in a terrifying way.

Andrew

Old February 21st 07, 04:04 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Mike T

Incidentally I got to demo some of Bomber's gear a couple weeks ago.
Hardboots rock, in a terrifying way.

Watch out - I tried them as "crosstraining for freeriding" a few years back
and now I spend 90+% of my time on hard boots, I own 9 dekcs total, only one
of them gets used with softies!!!!

Mike T

Old February 26th 07, 09:25 AM posted to rec.skiing.snowboard
Jeremy

Andrew Wright wrote:
I'd like to try putting a wedge under my back binding to lift my heel a bit.
Does anyone know of a company still making such a thing for a soft boot
setup?

Just to throw out another idea, Palmer still sells risers that could
potentially be altered.